1v1 Spanish Mirror on Yukon

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

1v1 Spanish Mirror on Yukon

Post by Palehorse »

I gave up on reinventing the Spanish Square and played an archaic rush in this one. I am particularly interested in any deck advice, and the sequence in the first 5 cards or so.

My play is mostly crap, so all pointers welcomed.

Its 1.01a by the way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: 1v1 Spanish Mirror on Yukon

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

i'll try to check it out, been playing spain a lot lately and found 2 good builds for archaic rushes
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

omg, show ur vils some love :(
when attacked: RUN

more serious, when you start with 100 wood, dont bother with an early market, it completely screwed your age up time. Its fine to go up with 16 vils without the market, build it during transition.

i dont think you have to add hussars so early after you commited several cards to archaic units, stick with xbow-pike and outmass the other.

a BO i like is going 3vils, 700 wood, 600 wood, 5 vils, 4vils while spamming from 2 raxes and doing all upgrades in the market (food and wood ofc), only play the faster training cards later.

cards i usually have:
eco theory, 3 vils, exotic hardwoods, archaic
4 and 5 vils, 600 - 700 wood, rods if on fanpatch, AA, fencing school, hunting upgrade
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Thanks Chaos :D; I will add the 600 wood, hardwoods, etc, forthwith!
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

listen to chaos, the 700, 600 wood dual rax rush is good with pretty much all civs atm especially frence.

these are some pointers also:
-Queue your 1st vil early, preferably before 10 seconds into the game.

-age with 15/16 vils keep the building of them constant.
dont get a market in discovery UNLESS you find 50 wood and 50 gold in treasures otherwise it slows you down too much.

-Herd Your Hunts back to Your Tc during transition

-with your explorer and 5 dogs you could of got 1 Cdb and 1 Vil treasures, aswell as others but you allowed your opponent to.

-You Housed Yourself which stopped military and villager production.

- you could of went dual rax much earlier tbh, you had alot of excess res throughout the game, work on eco management.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]

more serious, when you start with 100 wood, dont bother with an early market, it completely screwed your age up time. Its fine to go up with 16 vils without the market, build it during transition.
[/quote]

If you start with 100 gold, you can do it. Especially when you factor in early game treasures. You normally gather a small coin treasure and buy 100 wood, while chopping 50 for the hunting dogs upgrade.

BUT, i've said it once and i'll say it again, it's the most difficult early game market strat to pull off. Part of the difficulty is you have to be super quick since your 3 vill shipment might pop you.

But if you can pull it off, the rewards are huge. You can then get the food/coin gathering upgrade while aging and do a wiquid hussar spam while shipping 700 wood and 5 + 4 vills.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

another thing as Spain to do is if on specialized maps such as Yukon , Yucatan , Saguenay , Siberia etc. is to scout the map like mad for all the gold treasures . usually on lets say Yucatan their are at least 3 separate 120-175 gold treasures guarded by either 3 jaguars or one blow gunner two jaguar which are ridiculously easy to get as Spain ( Siberia has the 175 gold treasure and the duber monkey family treasure - both of which are high priority to get as Spain simply because Spain rules at treasure creeping and enemy explorer assassination ;) ) and to use these treasures for market/cav/ageup depending on the civ your facing ( heavy rush or boomy civs ) with all that extra eco you can easily get all your gold+food based market ups and the wood heavy ones after your 700 wood crate comes in.

nothing is as OP for Spain then having 6-13 unit army in age one to harass the enemy with and to creep every treasure on a map , here is a pic of what im talking about

- Dan