About Aztecs

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

About Aztecs

Post by ckei »

I have started to play Aztecs and my main problem is the colonial age. I have problem getting enough military units out fast enough and my economy seems to be waay behind my opponent. I dont want to do same all out rush over and over again (it kind of gets boring ), I have read the semi-ff post and tried it a few times. But it usually goes the other way around with me being pressured.So any advices ?

I wil probably post a rec with me playing azzies,so if someone wants to help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: About Aztecs

Post by adeadmanrunning »

if you want i can get a recorded game of me using my Aztecs. in 1v1 they are one of my best civs and i love using them. if you have particular questions ask and i can see what i can do. also add me Bodet to your friends list and when im on ask and we can play a couple unrated or i can give you some help.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

it just depend on the matchup what to do, but with all those unit shipments its not hard to get a good amount of units very early.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

I think what you need to do is throw in the occasional PUMA RUSH!!!! They never get boring just be careful who you use them against, and make sure your opponent does not know your gonna do that. I once did it in one of the clan leagues and my opponent suspected it and totally crushed me. For more info on the puma rush check the for Highlander's which I believe is in the strategy section

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

How can you bored with the game's best early ranged infantry and 2nd best rush? 8O

I never play Aztecs, but I hear they are pretty versatile; in other words, there are other things beyond rushing. But if you want to win games, rushing is the way to go with them. No other civ except Iro can match those early shipments and assorted Warchief clutter.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

it's a bummer that the pumas got weakened a lot in this fp :-(

it's nice to age up with 17/18 vills and fast age-up, you'll age-up early and have a good eco, dismisses the 2 skull knights though

that way you can gather alot during transition

also if you rush, it's okay to have idle tc time, wood treasures will help you greatly getting that warhut up fast and leaving space for moving some vills off of wood to other res
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

ok I have posted a rec now and if someone could watch it I would really appreaciate it.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]it's nice to age up with 17/18 vills and fast age-up, you'll age-up early and have a good eco, dismisses the 2 skull knights though[/quote]

I never liked the fast age up for aztecs, its kinda pointless. It got used way back when the all-out rush was popular, shipping rods and so on while doing BB's, i doubt it still works. You could also get 10 WP out sub 6 min, but that is also history now.
Overall i like the warhut age up best, but 2 skulls are good if going agressive early.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

my personal fav is the WH colonial age up 3 skull knight ff. fortress shipments > colonial and most players almost always expect the aztec to rush instead of this
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]it's nice to age up with 17/18 vills and fast age-up, you'll age-up early and have a good eco, dismisses the 2 skull knights though[/quote]

I never liked the fast age up for aztecs, its kinda pointless. It got used way back when the all-out rush was popular, shipping rods and so on while doing BB's, i doubt it still works. You could also get 10 WP out sub 6 min, but that is also history now.
Overall i like the warhut age up best, but 2 skulls are good if going agressive early.[/quote]

chaos i suggested the fast age up not for rushing, as aztecs can't gather enough wood for the warhut plus houses etc.
i just meant it's a nice eco ealternative, mostly seen in team games
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

@ Aaryn: True, pumas are not what they were, but my uhlans still run away screaming: "Hilfe!" whenever I see them. And without the "siege trooper" tag, my Minutemen say: "Verdammt, der geht nicht nieder!" while 17 maces pelt them with rocks and 2 skull knights slam them in the head with nasty-looking nail-studded clubs.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

other way is 14 vill age then ship 700w as soon as you hit age 2 for houses and war hut. then 9+8 mac ect
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Does ur mommy know ur up this l8 posting on the internet young man?

out