Indians (Me/Mstr Sergeant) vs Japan (Mstr Sergeant)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Indians (Me/Mstr Sergeant) vs Japan (Mstr Sergeant)

Post by Macavity »

---This is one of my better games if I may say. I used several strats you might want to look at. Including the villiager to Japanese shrine to kill herdables and the use of spys to see what is coming before it gets here.
---Please review and critique.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Macavity on Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Indians (Me/Mstr Sergeant) vs Japan (Mstr Sergeant)

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I get recorded game invalid when I try to view it! anyone else?
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

Try it now
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Worked this time.
Start:
You build your homes behind the TC nice.
you collected starting coins I tend to skip that for every second of India ageup advantage. Good Cattle Herding and use of Mongol rider.

Noticed one of your explorers passed a 90 F and 90 W tresure by sufi mosk which could boost your age up and villie production due ot the fast age up sacrafice.

If you can learn to use the TC to spit units in and out it's like a speed booster on Mario Kart :D

You hit age 2 pretty far ahead of your opponent. Noticed that you didn't get villied queued until you had enough wood for 2. i think you were microing a treasure. I do tricks like while watching my explorer on treas I hit letter T and tap V until I have to intervene with what I'm watching.

You're start up is pretty solid, I'd want a few villies off food on wood/gold esp when sending 700 Food.

Nice handling of Flashez FB and addressing his new batch of ashi's as soon as they arrived.

Good aggression Poor Flashez was scrambling and quite ineffective to put his resources to good use. You sacked his home base rax/tower before it was built. You should stick around like Robert DeNiro in cape fear especially when he had very few troops nearby. Keep stopping in to see if you can ruin any plans midway.

I like the Chaminar Gate age up and you built gurkha and sowar mnsdbr units!! Very nice. Your age up Mahout went to BFE and ended up being steam rolled later. Gotta watch waypoints? I debate about the 2 siege elephants choice when playing India. Turned out ok for you here but they're a big liability unless you know you'll be facing artillery. I prefer the Mahout card and send them in from a flank or the Howdahs. You might try putting some zambruk or howdah next to your siege elephants in defensive mode if calv get that option??

I'm not sure if you do this but if you have any strong inkling that your opponent won't have a age 2 rush or an early one at that might try aging up with Kari mata to get resource edge.

When he took down your Mahout and TP I would have went for his home base. His army was so far away you could deal a heavy blow before that came. As it turned out he was still hurting from your earlier raid and didn't have much at home even after you went all the way up and down to his base. Really nice usage of Zambureks. Before you hit his main base may have been a good Idea to send one forward to look for his weakest defended side of base and direct your assault from there. This game you didn't really need it.

Was a good game you guys seemed well match eco was flash may not have been up to the task of producting military. I also noticed you had spent a decent amount of time before spending 2000F and 1000G or so on your age 3 armies. I know India's a micr/macro nightmare but if you can spend that money on armies before it piles up that high you'll be better set for tougher and tougher opponents. I know if I have that much in my coffers kingkara's going to be knocking on my door with Xerex's army asking for a donation the hard way!!!

Good Game Macavity thanks for posting.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

If KK shows up, just beat him down with your OP Germans!
Groovy.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Huh? What do I have to do with this game? lol

Oh, and everybody look who has a nice new dutch flag on their Skwizz signature....
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey