N3O broke ESO

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

N3O broke ESO

Post by Palehorse »

This was a really fun, but horribly laggy game, that IIRC ended as an OOS after several drop screens. Moreover, calculating the results of the conflagration not only OOS'ed the game, but apparently crashed ESO, repeatedly over the next couple of days.

The sides at the last battle:

Kaiser (Dutch skirms/Hal/Falcs)+Nitro(coyotes/puma/SK)+DeadHandDan(Doppels/Landknechts)

vs.

etrips(French Hussars)+Pale(Hussars/Lancers/Falc/Culvs/Wardogs)+Indy(longbows)

At long last, ESO has computed PI to the last digit, and the winner is ???

http://www.agecommunity.com/stats/GameS ... =ZS_Custom
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: N3O broke ESO

Post by IndyBrit »

That game was clearly undecided, but I guess they have to declare a winner. I had the most wood by almost a factor of 2, and the least gold by almost a factor of 2. We don't need those high-falootin' gold troops. :D
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I had a 3:1 K/D ratio with 5 falcs aiming at the LB mob as the OOS hit :D

This is the first time I have ever seen an OOS reported at all !

Were you just kidding that the whole server went down because of our antics? 8O
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

all my poor hussars kept getting gobbled up by those dopps. The lag really didnt help them run away lol
I didn't know this game went OOS though, I remember my wireless cut out and I thought that was the end, but apparently not.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

as we all know the servers have had problems the last couple of days and many oos occured because of that
once the servers are fien again, this won't happen anymore :-)

what a coincidence that i didn't play the last couple of days haha eso knows when to crack up and when to behave royally when the humble me is entering... :roll:
NitroZ
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: somegreekguy

Post by NitroZ »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]as we all know the servers have had problems the last couple of days and many oos occured because of that

what a coincidence that i didn't play the last couple of days haha eso knows when to crack up and when to behave royally when the humble me is entering... :roll:[/quote]

we all know that u tried logging into ESO that night and broke the servers with ur OPness
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]as we all know the servers have had problems the last couple of days and many oos occured because of that

what a coincidence that i didn't play the last couple of days haha eso knows when to crack up and when to behave royally when the humble me is entering... :roll:[/quote]

I was just going to say that! Aloysius, the janitor-turned-server administrator from Robot Lag-A-Tainment Co., Inc., recently wrote me the following email:

"Dear Mr. von Nuben,

In response to your inquiry concerning repeated AOE 3 server problems in recent days, I can assure you that we are working to rectify the problem. It appears that the server crashes and games go OOS from lag at any time Mr. Aaryn_GenD is NOT logged onto ESO. As you are his fellow clan member, I strongly recommend that you inform Mr. GenD that he remain logged into ESO at all times in order to preserve a wholesome game experience for all AOE gamers. Whenever he logs off, the entire server system disintegrates. I wanted to write personally to Mr. GenD, but modesty prevents me from directly addressing the man personally responsible for all AOE server function. If you would not mind, please pass this information to his Excellency as soon as is practicable. You can tell him that he does not need to play 24 hours a day; he just needs to stay logged in. Thus, all games will function without lag. If there is anything we here at Robot can do for you or his Excellency Mr. GenD (please name the price in British pounds sterling; we know he does not work for free), please let us know at once.

In the meantime, I will continue pumping water from the ESO server. Today I noticed that a raccoon built a nest in it, too. I will need to clear him out, as well as all the branches, mulch and twigs he brought with him. There is no heat or plumbing in the building, which makes the job difficult, but I am a determined man. Additionally, I have no legal right to be in this building, since it has been padlocked and declared a public hazard. Every morning I need to crawl through a gap in the plywood boards over the windows to get to work. Nonetheless, I am sure that with your help, as well as the cooperation of Mr. GenD, we will speedily resolve the server issue and return the AOE multiplayer experience to its high station in the world of PC gaming.

Yours very sincerely and truly,

Aloysius
Custodian/Server Administrator
Robot Lag-A-Tainment Co., Inc. (Bankrupt as of January 2009)"
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

ROFL @ Kaiser, that's just OP!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

!!!! perfect write-up kaiser

it was so op i could barely read nitroz post ;-)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

rofl br8....thats what I like 2 c :)

out