Re: What if Samurai faught a Viking

Post by etrips888 »

to me it seems that pirate-viking and samurai-knight would be better matchups
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

just watched pirate vs knight and i have to say i'm disappointed in the end fight. they gave both long range and close combat to the knight , with pirate having only mid range weapon , yet in the end fight the knight doesn't use his long range weapon (crossbow) until he is like 3 feet from the pirate and only manages to shoot him in the leg. the morning star flail the knight uses doesn't even hurt the pirate. ( in the weapons test the flail completely owns anything it comes into contact with ) the whole show was awesome until the end fight where the knight doesn't even use his best asset and was played out as to the pirate's benefit :mad: next week's episode is yakuza vs. mafia and if they don't screw either one of them in the end fight it should be most entertaining episode ever ( hopefully )
- Dan
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Yeah I know, though i was surprised to see the pirates only weapon other than the sword that can get past the knights armor is the blunderbus, which can misfire. So I don't know how the grenado was in the top 2 for kills since it didn't really do anything to the knight other than knock him down

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]next week's episode is yakuza vs. mafia[/quote]
this is a bit off topic and idk if anyone of you care for the simpsons, but this reminds me of a certain episode where the Italian and Japanese mob end up fighting each other in the simpsons yard as the episode ends..just so funny
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Joe, the fight had to go that way, the Pirate won in the program so they had to compensate.
IMO a grenade exploding next to the knight would kill more often than not, I mean come on he isn't literally covered head to toe in Plate, and the Chainlink areas would be penetrated by shrapnel.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

yes the grenado was cool , but for it to be effective it has to explode within 4 feet of a knight , and penetrate a vital portion of the body not covered in plate mail. in the show they performed weapon test with pigs surrounding a suspended genado and discovered that the blast only sent shrapnel out horizontally and altho it as powerful , a fully clad knight would most likely survive the blast if he was anywhere past 4 feet of the lethal blast radius. the only weapon the pirate had that was absolutely effective enough to outright kill the knight was the blunderbuss, problem with that is the range is extremely poor and often misfired. every other factor in the fight was favoring close combat with either the spiked flail or halberd which was a kill stroke with only a single hit, yet in the show the knight hits the pirate 5 times with the flail ( never uses the halberd ) and doesn't even wound the pirate , only knocks him down :(
- Dan