What if Samurai faught a Viking

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: What if Samurai faught a Viking

Post by blayzer13 »

Yeah but samurai's have that whole honor thing where if they start to lose they off themselves, so there could be some viking victories with that.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

[quote=""Highlander999""]I was a bit sceptical about this when I first clicked the link, but WOW. Awesome. When that dummy's head got severed by the Viking's long sword that was pawnage to the max. And why is it Yumi is OP in real life too????? :p

Wish they had these sort of shows in Britain...[/quote]

Britains television shows are great compared to the dutch ones, we can see evrything you american and british see, only about 3 years later. (well some of our shows are good but that are very few)
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Well I don't even have a TV, so I don't know why I am moaning :p Bloody TV licnese. Over £100 just to watch TV. Hmph
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Highlander999""]Well I don't even have a TV, so I don't know why I am moaning :p Bloody TV licnese. Over £100 just to watch TV. Hmph[/quote]

Wait you guys need a license for a tv?! 8O

[quote=""blayzer13""]Yeah but samurai's have that whole honor thing where if they start to lose they off themselves, so there could be some viking victories with that.[/quote]

At that point they would already have lost, so the honor thing would not really affect the results I think

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""][quote=""Highlander999""]Well I don't even have a TV, so I don't know why I am moaning :p Bloody TV licnese. Over £100 just to watch TV. Hmph[/quote]

Wait you guys need a license for a tv?! 8O [/quote]

I love the reaction you get when you tell people this. Yeah, a wonderful invention by the government to steal even more money of us... Not even like you get any good channels, you need to have Sky if you want some quality, i.e. sports, movies, documentaries
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

TV licenses, eh? I didn't know they did that. There is a National Health Service to finance, after all...

I think a TV license in America would push the obese couch-potato class into revolution; and that is a very large class, in both senses of the word :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Yeah, I mean the NHS does look like it only has a few hundred quid spent on it, but you would be amazed at how much they say they actually spend ;)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Like, ofc you pay for cable tv. Otherwise you have the standard 4 tv channels available to everyone (for free, I guess).
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]TV licenses, eh? I didn't know they did that. There is a National Health Service to finance, after all...

I think a TV license in America would push the obese couch-potato class into revolution; and that is a very large class, in both senses of the word :-P[/quote]

I think it would make many Americans whine and cry lol, personally we have a tv in every bedroom and livingroom (4 total) and I hardly watch cable, only for family guy which I mostly watch online anyway.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

down with t.v. licenses that just sounds excessive as all get out. tomorrow is the newest episode of deadliest warrior ''pirate vs. knight'' weird match up but looks interesting none the less. for those living outside the u.s.a. it will most likely be on youtube for a short time. if you get a chance watch the episode '' ninja vs. spartan ''
- Dan
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Ok some of these match ups seem a little ridiculous. Pirate vs Knight? Come on. Which century Knight are we talking about? Ones in mail or plate? Either way I doubt a cutlass would penetrate either. You expect an untrained, undisciplined pirate to take on a plate amoured tank trained from birth to kill? I'm sure the show will say the pirate has skills, but your average pirate wasn't trained in combat, where as you average knight was highly trained.

The only way the pirate would win is by using firearms and then the contest just doesn't make sense. Why not have a Greek phalanx take on a panzer division in that case? Lets see if this Greek spear wall can stop an oncoming tank.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

One of my friends loves ninjas and was very upset to see the ninja lose to the spartan.
Though for the knight vs pirate match up it does seem very uneven since the pirate is using a blunderbus(not sure if it is spelled right) Just in the preview I can see the pirate has great advantage since he has a gun. Sure early age guns were not very accurate but he is using an early age shot guns, and all guns pierce armor, so close range = death and knights are slow in all thier armor so he will have a hard time jumping out of the way

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

the show is about combat yes , i thought as u do, ''how in the hell can an apache take on a gladiator?'' then i saw that episode , and it rocked! even with the apache's flint knife and bone club he was able to cream a fully armored & highly trained warrior and put him in his place. in the episode of samurai vs. viking many thought the samurai would plow through the viking yet the viking to his credit won nearly half the matches , this pirate vs. knight episode will be judged on mainly sword fighting and speed vs. protection
- Dan
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""]One of my friends loves ninjas and was very upset to see the ninja lose to the spartan.
Though for the knight vs pirate match up it does seem very uneven since the pirate is using a blunderbus(not sure if it is spelled right) Just in the preview I can see the pirate has great advantage since he has a gun. Sure early age guns were not very accurate but he is using an early age shot guns, and all guns pierce armor, so close range = death and knights are slow in all thier armor so he will have a hard time jumping out of the way[/quote] remember that a gun such as that is a single shot weapon , and knights also had ranged weapons such as crossbows/bows which had about double the range,reload, and accuracy of early period firearms. the fight will come down to hand to hand combat. which will prevail? mobility+speed vs armor+training . i'm looking forward to this episode :)
- Dan
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

I guess your right dan, though if the knight uses a cross bow then it is almost like the pirates gun where it takes a while to load, though the blunderbus for amo you can use stones off the ground.
Good thing there is sience PSSAs tomorrow, I don't have to be in to scholl till 9:15 I think. :D So I can stay up to watch pirave vs knight since it is on at 10pm tonight