You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

What if Samurai faught a Viking

Post by GeneralMichael »

Ok this is more of an AOC topic but, it is a cool show. So tonight I stumbled across a tv show called the deadliest warrior. It took warriors that never met because of where they lived and or time and saw who would win. In this episode the results show Samurai has a slight advantage. Samurai vs Viking Watch out for the yumi archer. I feel sorry for whoever got hit in the eye by one of them. Ohh and the episode was split into several sections on youtube
Unfortunately in the next episode the ninja was destroyed by the Spartan.

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: What if Samurai faught a Viking

Post by deadhanddan »

haha yes Micheal that show is great!!!! the first episode i ever saw as apache vs. gladiator , i was surprised at the end fight. but samurai vs viking was cool , that yomabushi club the samurai fought withon that episode made the consulate clubs in TAD look like pipsqueaks
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Very entertaining, there was something like this for the deadliest animal as well.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ Yes I watched that showall the time. RTP2 ftw

out
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

very good show. and dhd the first one i saw was also the apache vs gladiator. what times is the show on? i want to watch more of them.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I haven't seen that show yet, but I would guess that a samurai would pwn a viking. Samurai were disciplined, clear-thinking sword-masters trained in the art of war. Vikings, on the other hand, were red-bearded brutes who usually got drunk before battle and prevailed by just charging in and flailing around with axes, nail-studded bats, clubs and other blunt objects. In a 1v1, the Samurai would carve up one of these dudes in a heartbeat.

The exchange would go something like this:

VIKING : Urrrrrgghhh! (Charges at Samurai)

SAMURAI (calmly dodges ill-aimed club swing) : Hadachini! Ee-zay-o-kam!

VIKING : Urrrrrrrbbbbhh (falls into two pieces)

(SAMURAI bows, then meditates)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

I wanted the Viking to win. Japan OP.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Lol there's no way possible for the viking to win. I think they even exaggerated on some of the viking attributes. (like, it doesn't matter that the long sword is über heavy and big when the samurai could parry it and "outplay" him with the katana)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Lol there's no way possible for the viking to win. I think they even exaggerated on some of the viking attributes. (like, it doesn't matter that the long sword is über heavy and big when the samurai could parry it and "outplay" him with the katana)[/quote]

vikings got one advantage.. they are berserkers

meaning they hurt themselves to be in fury, wielding their weapon like there's no tomorrow
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""adeadmanrunning""]very good show. and dhd the first one i saw was also the apache vs gladiator. what times is the show on? i want to watch more of them.[/quote]
it is on every Tuesday at 8 p.m. e.s.t. spike channel
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Lol there's no way possible for the viking to win. I think they even exaggerated on some of the viking attributes. (like, it doesn't matter that the long sword is über heavy and big when the samurai could parry it and "outplay" him with the katana)[/quote]

vikings got one advantage.. they are berserkers

meaning they hurt themselves to be in fury, wielding their weapon like there's no tomorrow[/quote]

Well, they both fight to death. While the viking's in fury, the samurai plays it cool and smart :p
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""adeadmanrunning""]very good show. and dhd the first one i saw was also the apache vs gladiator. what times is the show on? i want to watch more of them.[/quote]
it is on every Tuesday at 8 p.m. e.s.t. spike channel[/quote]
Also it is on saturday at 11pm and sunday at 2pm

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

I was a bit sceptical about this when I first clicked the link, but WOW. Awesome. When that dummy's head got severed by the Viking's long sword that was pawnage to the max. And why is it Yumi is OP in real life too????? :p

Wish they had these sort of shows in Britain...
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Ben is probably right about how the exchanged would take place.

GeneralMichael, I seriously just laughed extremely hard at "I feel sorry for whoever got hit and run in the eye by a yumi."
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]I haven't seen that show yet, but I would guess that a samurai would pwn a viking. Samurai were disciplined, clear-thinking sword-masters trained in the art of war. Vikings, on the other hand, were red-bearded brutes who usually got drunk before battle and prevailed by just charging in and flailing around with axes, nail-studded bats, clubs and other blunt objects. In a 1v1, the Samurai would carve up one of these dudes in a heartbeat.

The exchange would go something like this:

VIKING : Urrrrrgghhh! (Charges at Samurai)

SAMURAI (calmly dodges ill-aimed club swing) : Hadachini! Ee-zay-o-kam!

VIKING : Urrrrrrrbbbbhh (falls into two pieces)

(SAMURAI bows, then meditates)[/quote]

I don't think Vikings used much clubs or any other blunted weapons for that matter. They preferred, short swords, long swords, spears and a variety of axes. Some even used bows. Also vikings fought in a shield wall which did take some discipline, though many were drunk before battle as fighting in a shield wall is a terrifying prospect.

But you are right a Samurai would slaughter a viking 1v1, Samurai trained all their life for war and much more suited for fighting one on one being able to employ some martial arts skills as well.

P.S. just watched the show and it was pretty cool. I think the winner of this bout would be decided by the individual skill of each warrior rather then weapons or armour.