Your most epic gaming memory?

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Your most epic gaming memory?

Post by 36drew »

Everyone has a few moments of gaming that must be vivid in their minds.

Moments that are epic in nature and worthy of a red carpet description.

So lets hear about your most epic gaming moments!
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Re: Your most epic gaming memory?

Post by cleeduz »

Whilst I am still new to this game, I recall early on that a fellow clan member took me under his wing. We would play almost nightly, sometimes I would send him recs to review, he would send back multiple pages of notes pointing out my pro's & cons. We probably played 40 games, with the same outcome, me losing badly.

Then one night I picked my map, Yukon would be the venue, I would use my Iros, against his stalwart Dutch. I did a quick reshuffling of my deck, preparing all the cards I would need for a "in-your-face" rush, as we had been doing semi-ff's and ff's the past few nights, and thought that this might catch him off guard. I had long given up the hopes of ever beating my opponent, now I merely would be happy to surprise him.

The game started with the ceremonious GL&HF and we were off, at the 5min mark my plan was going smoothly and everything appeared to be in order, I entered his base with no sign of military, just villagers tediously performing their assigned tasks. I began to pick them off in great numbers, still there was no military, no colonial militia. I began to ransack his barracks when finally skirmishers began to appear, and with them the arrival of CM. We exchanged ruthless volleys back and forth, and somehow I began to realize that I was winning the fight, actually winning the battle against my experienced and well mannered mentor. The game ended as his TC fell and "Victory is yours!" flashed on the screen. I had done it! I finally won a game against this seasoned adversary.

Then I received messages in the chat window about how he had just gotten home from the club just before our session, and was pretty well tanked and had also chose the wrong deck. I didn't care that he was not 100% or "in top form", I would take the cheesy win and taunt him about it for the next few weeks, in my mind it was still what he would call "Quality".

Thanks buddy (you know who you are... ;) ), and I always appreciate your time and friendship.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

A win is a win is a win!
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

Home from the club? Well tanked? I'll bet I know who that is... :-P

That is great though. Must have felt quite accomplished after that many games. I can't even remember the last incredible thing that happened to me. I did always enjoy having 20 enemy jans in my base and having 6 MM, 8 X-Bow shipment, and 5 muskets come out all at the same time surrounding them. Ah, good 'ole nilla.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Beating A Colonel In Rated ::/
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

Me beating that guy in the top 20 with a puma rush :p Also winning a game whilst asleep. Hard to decide which one was a better win ;)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

been a few epic games that stick out in my mind but most recent one for me would have to be a clangame not too long ago where 3 of us revolted! i was slinged into age 4 and revolted by 9 minutes , thought my team had the win until 2 players on other team followed with their own revolts.... i wish we had rec'd that game - militia and gatling guns all over the place
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this is a very nice thread drew.

my story(just naming aoe3 memories):
damn there are too many to actually name them, but lets start with those tons of rated 3v3 and 2v2 me and dan played back in september to november, or the games i played with you n3o guys when i was new, those were really epic me being new, being in a team with macabee, kaiser_von_nuben, indybrit, strokeyblofeld, l&c, tatltael, lazy_tuga the 1v1 vs dan when i met him back in august where he wanted to show me that iro kills japan on es patch ("i can age a whole minute before you!!") i was so prepared to get myself owned but in the end i won lol, 2 funes were my friends here(map: great lakes summer version), or when in a 3v3 where were totally lost and a guy revolted ( i didn't know what revolt is back then) and made us win the game with his 10imp huss and cm coming all the time, or the game where i pissed off tatlael so badly in a 5-man-FFA that he just didn't wanted to fight any further(even though he was winning clearly, some of the screens of this game are posted in funny screenshots thread i think)

the most epic games are those when the currently winning player or team somehow falls behind and loses in the end, say the tables turn, best with back and forth battles, i seem to find these games more entertaining than one player doing everything perfectly and overwhelmlingly destroying his opponent

thanks for the games people and to all other ppl playing with vs me^^
there were really some games where i got goosebumps because of the epicness xD
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I think my most epc gaming memory is a 3v3 in RTSL we played a few seasons ago, we lost the match but we were huge underdogs and could have almost caused a big upset, I think we had a review for that game too, sounds sad that my most epic gaming memory was a game we lost but I'm not that good a player and it was also a really fun game. :)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Thats what its all about jim, having fun. ^^,

The Op Vent Moments are the best though :P
CaptainZion
Conscript
Conscript

Post by CaptainZion »

Two memories stick out in my mind. I am sure some of you had this experience. Aoe 2 expansion: I was online at i think its called ig zones or something. They took up carrying the game online after msn zones stop carrying it. Well any who, I was doing a 4v4 archers blood game. For those of you that do not know archers blood is basically you got a tower and automatically spawn archers, the more kills the faster your men get upgraded to give you the advantage. So we start the game an hour in we start to gain an advantage but then one of our teammates has to go so we are down one player. We pull together and after 4 hours of playing straight come up with an epic victory. This is the most vivid memory of gaming i have.

Also on the xbox 360 console me and my brother were playing halo 2 in separate rooms. In team doubles slayer. So as like most halo games we started to beak the opponents. but then it just got out of hand i tell you. we are up by five and need two for the win. My brother is a total noob so he hides. I know he is hoping they don't find him. they start taunting because he is hiding and what not. So there i am with the shot gun and gernades in hand. i stick one across the map and then drop a level into the middle ( the map was midship) and then play ring around the rosey with a guy around the pillar and i hope up and over and BAM got the kill. My brother runs out of the room cheering. We just ran around the house chanting praise about how awesome that game was. and to this day we still talk about our epic halo 2 match.
Vini, Vedi, Vici I came, I saw, I conquered

Proud Member of the N30 clan. It is more then a clan. It is a brotherhood. CaptionZion
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Too many to name, yet almost all of them are rated.

The 3v3 with Kaiser when his video card went caput and we still won.
The 2v3 where it was previously a 3v3 where we were the underdog and won about a couple weeks ago.
Several games w/Rufio.
A 2v2 with Mr_Pale_Horse where we beat a China player when they were OP and we let him straight FF.
Beating Rambo098 in the 1v1 tourney about this time last year.
Playing alongside a Brig in the GameReplays 2v2 tourney last year.
The 3v3 clan game where me, Lazy, and Drew (aka the ultimate SEXY TEAM) versus Sporting, Cammel, and Choco a couple of weeks ago and we beat them (yes we were 8-10 PR disadvantage).
The 1v1 that I won that made me a 2nd Lt (I think this was the last rated 1v1 I did).
Back in Nilla I used to play a custom map called "LOST" where you start with an explorer and a caravel and you have to find treasures to get a tc and get going. I remember one particular game that lasted about 1 1/4 hours where I was a big participant.
Losing to Lazy in the 1v1 tourney whilst he was sicker than a dog about this time last year.

Yes, I think all but 1 are while I was in this clan. GL HF.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Haha yeah iv had some good Memories on the 360 Rainbow six vegas clan matches are so OP.

And If You think there are immature/rude people on ESO.

My best ever win was on R6V:
it was the end of the season on gamebattles and we were tied in 1st to another clan.
Well every one on their team camped (or tented ;) ) their asses of like little girls, hiding behind bookshelves, doors you name it they wer their. and they wouldnt come out. and out of a 20 minute game there was 5 minutes left and they had a clear lead, and we had no kills.
But after Killing one person and waiting for him to respawn every 30 ish seconds we had the lead. and eventually won. the flaming was so OP you could not believe There was more was more use of the sentence. trucking, james blunt. than you have ever heard in your lives.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""deaconferal""]Home from the club? Well tanked? I'll bet I know who that is... :-P[/quote]

Im not liking the generalisation or the tone in people's voices here :-/ lol like a certain person goes out clubbing, drinking and generally making a fool of themselves :oops:

Yeah I couldnt come up with any fake reason for that game theyre the only ones that came to mind at the time, the truth is you beat me fair and square with a strat I was not expecting at all, great job buddy! And I still think that playing regularly you would increase in skill dramtically!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

I once played a 6 player free for all in Lordpatric's FFA league on heavengames. I managed to win and i revolted!! Dutch banks and factories spamming highlanders from the saloon is rare but fun.

Beating Sporting Lisbon in 1 vs 1, doesnt happen often enough though.He has probably forgoten by now it happend so long ago.