Macattack

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Macattack

Post by Macabee »

Here's a really good example of a new little rush I've worked on with Aztecs. Some have seen this already in team games but this is the first recorded 1v1. Thanks to Joe who asked to see this rush. It's fp 1.1

Mac
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Macattack

Post by IndyBrit »

I'm a believer in advance :P but I'm going to take a look.
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

The LB and mass tower+wall boom!

gg mac.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Oh, is this the one with the maces that do X5 ranged damage to uhlans ? 8)

And who said anything about the Aztecs being nerfed ::/

Thanks for posting, Mac.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

awesome , will watch, i have been wondering how 1.1 aztec can be played and want to learn\know how to defend myself against this
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Oh, is this the one with the maces that do X5 ranged damage to uhlans ? 8)

And who said anything about the Aztecs being nerfed :/

Thanks for posting, Mac.[/quote]

i say their nerf was a bit too big :/

joe turtled too much here, i think with your build you can attack him fast and sweet, but the idle time in which the warhut will start building bothers me a bit, though as you age 10secs later now even with the messenger it seems fine

actually you were very aggressive, which surprised me cuz i thought you'd be going back and forth alot more

in fortress age they can abuse their wp again, with 8wp and 5vills on the pit it's the same as before, one could also sacrifice soem vills in colo, wher the limit is 6wp and 6 vills) a bit better than 8wp

the firepit nerf is not a good one imo, instead of reducing the amount of dancers they should havefixed the formula, which bonuses are too huge, later in the game their firepit is the same as before lol

i'm happy you still stick to aztec maca, i thought you were in grief now^^
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Lol, I died laughing when I saw Joe's town. That was one imposing sight!
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

gg mac and joe, maybe the 3 huss card ( to raid mac) might have helped joe. thats some army at 7 mins mac
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

would help if brits have a 3 huss card :)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Joe, you should have just built a tower.... :-P

GG guys
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
scoop10
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by scoop10 »

i could have sworn brits had the 3 huss card........... :oops:
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

They have 6 Longbows and 6 Muskets, no Pike or Huss shipments
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

watched and enjoyed the record, do you find this works vs a stronger rush. ie Germany or Iros?
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]awesome , will watch, i have been wondering how 1.1 aztec can be played and want to learn\know how to defend myself against this[/quote]

A way to defend against this? Please tell me what it is 8O

Massed maces are extremely hard to beat. There are clearly the game's premiere RI; it makes little sense to go all cav against them to start, since they can mass way more infantry than you can mass cav. Plus if you waste all your resources on cav (especially hussars, which knock out vil production and train very slowly), they just send the BB or 6 pikes--GG.

Joe had the right idea trying to turtle. I can only beat the Aztec rush by immediately walling off, sacrificing a market and praying that I can just take enough steam out of their shipments that my superior econ can then turn the tables. But if I make one micro mistake or misclick in the initial struggle, it's over. The best way to win is to just mass RI and hide behind the walls. Cav comes later, and that's the deceptive part. You would think you should counter massed maces with cav, but it is not the right choice early. You WILL lose your cav against the maces if you build it right away.

Fighting with vils is also a good idea, since massed maces do not have siege to kill the TC. In this case, it didn't make a difference because they killed so many vils before they could get to the TC. But in other cases, upgraded vils can stop maces by popping out and shooting, or meleeing. If you have a market, go ahead and get blunderbuss and great coat. It's worth it, especially with the Brits who will always have a huge number of vils.

Minutemen are essential, too. But now that pumas are no longer "siege troopers," they will not go down as easy, and MM don't stand a chance against 20+ maces. Their ROF cuts them down by the time they fire their second volley.

All in all, this is a hardcore rush. If Aztec got nerfed on paper, I have yet to see a nerf in practice. I think the Germans stand a better chance to stop this rush because they have better shipments than the Brits, and they get free cav every time, which helps pressure the maces. Beating this rush means answering the shipments shot for shot. If you just train units, you won't win. Without shipments, it's mathematically impossible to match the Aztec numbers by 7:00. I have a special British deck for Aztecs, and it's the only one with 6 LB and 6 musket in it. When you are fighting the Aztecs 1v1, you can't worry about market upgrades and resources. You just need to cling on to dear life with as many units as possible... FAST.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

War Dogs ftw :p