Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sioux Tips

Post by Aravinthan »

Hi,
This is my first ever Strategy posts.
Ok has most of you guys know, its been a while I haven't played on AOE. Due to a lot of projects, season ending of our hockey season(we are in finals even tho we finished last in the season lol), studies( last year of high school but I was accepted to college in Computer Sciences YAY). So yeah, I will most probably get alot of free time , so I want to get into the mood.
So I decided to give tips to beginners of Sioux and at the same time refresh my strategies.

Ok here goes( oh please leave your comments, it will help not only me but the others also)

1. If you dont do this, then please change civ. KEEP YOUR WC ALIVE!
He is a key part of Sioux strategies, any strategies.
Sioux War Chief is really a nice one and it merges well with what ESO wanted to give Sioux. Which is Speed. THe WC helps alot. As he is pretty fast, you can use that to your advantage in many aspects. For exemple you see through the fog of war a nice treasure that your ennemy is gathering. You can wait our of the ennemys sight, and at the last moment you rush in and steal it. It is really annoying but fun xD .
The other usefulness of the War Chief is his Speed Aura. Your raids become even more deadly, you run, kill villagers then flee even before your ennemy had to take a zip of his beer. It gives your ennemies nightmare, ask Kaiser lol

2. RAID. You have to raid with Sioux or else you lose. Unless you are going for a fast rush. Sioux has really a weak eco. To compensate that, you have to make your ennemy eco lower. You don't even have to kill villagers. Just the fact that your ennemy knows that you are raiding, it makes him more nervous and it forces him to make mistakes. If he knows that you are raiding, then he will tend to go for plantations and farms even though that there is till some hunts/mines left. Which allows you to take them and at the same time take the map control.

3. THe Evening Star Card. It's a must in your deck if you are thinking of going cav. What it does? It transfroms all of your axes to Rifle Riders. Which is cool as normally RR(Rifle Riders) are available only in 3rd age. Your ennemy sees your Axes, he makes muskets or even funnier pikes? No problem, transform them in RR then with the help of your WC( again he is helpful) hit and run.

I will add more later on, I have a hockey match soon. Its our 2nd game we lost our 1st one 19-18 in shootouts which lasted 20 mins lol
A master Piece done by cleeduz
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Sioux Tips

Post by danno527 »

nice i just started playing souix more frequently so this is helpful. I have never used the evening star card. Ill give it a try. Also what is the best thing to do vs HI civs like Otto and INdia? defensive cetan and Teepees with your WC and axe shipments raiding?? that is what i usually do.

19-18 in a shootout what was the score at the end of OT? That is nuts. I have never heard of that kind of score in 5 on 5 hockey. In some 3 on 3 games ive been around the 20 goal mark. I just played in a 3 on 3 tourney last weekend four games on saturday and one on friday night. My legs were killing me at the end of the weekend. insane fun though.
deaconferal
Honorary Member
Honorary Member
AOE3 Nickname: Deacon

Post by deaconferal »

Otto is a match-up where evening star really shines. Counters hussars AND jans, and most people probably haven't come to terms with abus yet to use them. If they DO have them, jus ttime it to run in, mob his abus, then switch into RR and kill everything else. I always had great success with it against them, not sure about india though.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

good post aravinthan , with rifle rifer you must take caution if you do use evening star card, do not let your rifle rider near anything that is classified as ranged infantry ( except muskets ) , and do not engage cav archer/dragoon units ( rifle rider have both the rangedcav+heavy cav tag so skirm/bow/abus and cav archer/goon have bonus vs. them ) with rifle rider , everything else is fair game
- Dan
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

good tips, i would also add that the Sioux Warchief is a treasuer grab lamer, since he takes the treasures faster than any other explorer^^

plus i see more to the evening star card, it can be used as a bluff anytime, your opponent never knows when you will use it, he can just anticipate

i use french tirailleur card in many decks, not that i need it that often, but one never knows :-)
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

Thanks for your comments guys.
Ok so lets start my responses:
@danno527
1. What to do vs Ottos and India?
Ok that is really a good question. And you said the answer yourself. Cetans wiht axe riders riding. Although with Ottos, you should go axes and when u got around 15, switch to RR and keep making axes.
Against India, I would say try a fast rush. Use the fast age, make sure you got the 7 cetans and 7 warclubs cards. Make sure you get a warhut before you age. As soon as you age send 7 cetans and make alot of warclubs to take the agra fort. It is really tough for sioux to play against india. But if you can catch the ennemy before he gets his agra you got a hell of a chance.
2. Lol I know, its 5on5 hockey on ice. I had 15 goals in that game. But I had a weak season only 25 goals and 10 assits, 35 points in 26 games. And in the playoffs only 10 goals and 4 assits, 14 points in 10 games. So I guess with that 15 goal night it makes up xD
Oh and we won the second game 10-9 in OT. I scored 5 goals lol

@decaonfearl:
You are absolutely right

@deadhandan:
Thanks for mentionning it dan, I complety forget to mention that.

@Aaryn_GenD:
Yeah, thats a nice thing too. Your ennemy excepts you to go, RR and makes LI, you come attacking with Axes.... Nice Food lol
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

The evening star card is definitely essential. Surprisingly, though, a lot of players do not have it in their decks. When I see that, I go HI all the way against the Sioux. If they build a stable, they are toast; nobody builds cetans, and muskets just walk over everything else.

I would say the pistol merc card is important, too. That card can really be effective when played right and matched with axe riders.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]The evening star card is definitely essential. Surprisingly, though, a lot of players do not have it in their decks. When I see that, I go HI all the way against the Sioux. If they build a stable, they are toast; nobody builds cetans, and muskets just walk over everything else.

I would say the pistol merc card is important, too. That card can really be effective when played right and matched with axe riders.[/quote] funny you bring the pistoleros up kaiser , while i was reading the patch notes for 1.1 i saw that CIR now affects renegado , both of which sioux has ( new ways card + age 3 renegado card ) :twisted:
- Dan
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

Lol kaiser , I guess you rememberd our game xD
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Aravinthan""]Lol kaiser , I guess you rememberd our game xD[/quote]

Yep, ruminator tried the same thing on me and I was ready with walls and xbows ::/
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

evening star has ruined many games for me lol
but i think sioux are a very fun civ to play and there are some good tips here! just curious tho, what do you usually do against china?
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

china well whenever i played as china people who used sioux would mass bowrider with a small pack of axe rider and pick my army apart until my 9 pike card was used up, that usually spelled out GG for me :(
- Dan
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

Against China, I would suggest, as dan pointed out, Bow Riders with soem Axes.
Bow Riders can kill all their age 2 units except chu ku nu and axes can take care of those. But you would need good micro and a really good age up, as if china takes you before you got 5 bows and 5 axes.... it wont be fun.