Funny Mis-interpretations + Typos

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Funny Mis-interpretations + Typos

Post by Hydrovert5 »

So I'm sure most of you here have mis-interpreted a unit's name or someone's message or command before.

List here the ones that stick in your mind the most.

One of my most OP typos was when I asked Joe4holly to attack Lazy's cav with his 'pies'.

And a unit name I misread before that was quite hilarious at the time was 'Naive Scout'.

And another funny moment was when I was playing a team game with a Brigadier a few months ago. I said 'let's go' to my team. Nobody moved. I then said 'CHARGEEE!', and the Brigadier did...

He charged his cavalry right into an army of halberdiers. (D'oh)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Funny Mis-interpretations + Typos

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

yup, i think it was with kristop

he typed Fail elephant and corrected himself, i just said
"no need to correct man, no typo really, they DO fail^^" :-P

plus, there was one with Deadhanddans French Explorer, he didn't know what "hand" means on french and ended up with a complete wrong word which sounded :roll:
he corrected it though
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

LOL Hydro: I can see how a naive spy would not be very effective. After all, spies need to know a thing or two about people and the world in order to do their jobs well :D People would just walk all over a naive spy; a naive spy would ask for directions when he is supposed to be under cover. He would stick out like a sore thumb.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]LOL Hydro: I can see how a naive spy would not be very effective. After all, spies need to know a thing or two about people and the world in order to do their jobs well :D People would just walk all over a naive spy; a naive spy would ask for directions when he is supposed to be under cover. He would stick out like a sore thumb.[/quote]

LOL. Oh man I've seen a lot of funny typos. Kinda related in my earlier days I finished a game and a guy said WP. I asked him what it stood for and he said "White Power."

I was kind of like what the hell, and just left the game... well several more WP's later I was beginning to think the AOE community was some kind of white supremacy group. Then someone informed me the real meaning of WP. LOL.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]LOL Hydro: I can see how a naive spy would not be very effective. After all, spies need to know a thing or two about people and the world in order to do their jobs well :D People would just walk all over a naive spy; a naive spy would ask for directions when he is supposed to be under cover. He would stick out like a sore thumb.[/quote]

LOL. Oh man I've seen a lot of funny typos. Kinda related in my earlier days I finished a game and a guy said WP. I asked him what it stood for and he said "White Power."

I was kind of like what the hell, and just left the game... well several more WP's later I was beginning to think the AOE community was some kind of white supremacy group. Then someone informed me the real meaning of WP. LOL.[/quote]

Heh, that gave me quite a laugh.

Another one that just sprung to mind. I asked some guy who was playing as the Spanish where his cavalry was, and he replied that he was training some 'War hogs'.

They would have been OP too - shame... ::/
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]LOL Hydro: I can see how a naive spy would not be very effective. After all, spies need to know a thing or two about people and the world in order to do their jobs well :D People would just walk all over a naive spy; a naive spy would ask for directions when he is supposed to be under cover. He would stick out like a sore thumb.[/quote]

I was kind of like what the hell, and just left the game... well several more WP's later I was beginning to think the AOE community was some kind of white supremacy group. Then someone informed me the real meaning of WP. LOL.[/quote]

LOL
i dont even come close to beating that but one thing I do remember was in some game people always used omw, which a friend told me was oh my word. So whenever someone would say it I would always respond, whats wrong!! Took me a long time to realize it was on my way..
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

One of the most annoying typo's for me is "pwn". People use the letters "pwn" instead of "own", and it all started when someone made a typo.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

FTW used to have an entirely different meaning when I was in high school. Today, "for the win", back then, "%*$* the world". Used to think Ages was a very vulgar community that said very strange things.

Then later, I learned that was true but not for the reasons I thought. :P
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""][quote=""36drew""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]LOL Hydro: I can see how a naive spy would not be very effective. After all, spies need to know a thing or two about people and the world in order to do their jobs well :D People would just walk all over a naive spy; a naive spy would ask for directions when he is supposed to be under cover. He would stick out like a sore thumb.[/quote]

Heh, that gave me quite a laugh.

Another one that just sprung to mind. I asked some guy who was playing as the Spanish where his cavalry was, and he replied that he was training some 'War hogs'.

They would have been OP too - shame... ::/[/quote]

Ohh that reminds me of my early days online right after TWC came out I was still playing vanilla and I used spain as my main civ, though I was only a private then so I loved to sneak my war dogs around the enemies army aqnd have them take out a cannon before my enemy realized what was killing his cannons

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

pwned rocks, and it sounds much much better than owned!
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

the P really does add a lot to the word haha
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

It just shows how people on a lot of forums are sheep. A recent trend is the "epic fail" post. Whenever someone gets a chance to write it in a post.... there it is!!!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

No way! Epic fail isn't just about posts!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]No way! Epic fail isn't just about posts![/quote]

see?
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ Epic 2 say the least