Ever spend a whole game in your tc?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I basically did this game!

Btw, I have to apologize to Cammel for accidently giving an early GG. But Flooky today said I resign too easily -- especially in one game where I didn't realize he had no hunts left.

Anyway, I almost resign after loosing my Fwd tc (port vs iro). Oh, and I don't have a deck designed for FP 1.0 either LOL. I have great age iii cards like team improved walls. No CM either LOL.

Might wanna watch in Fast Fwd for funniness.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Ever spend a whole game in your tc?

Post by 36drew »

Heres rec.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

hey sounds good but wheres the rec. :p
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

nvm lol. should have waited anouther 10 secs my bad. will watch.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Your constant raiding with such a small group of hussar really kept you in the game; his eco was about the same as yours most of the game. Good idea with throwing those towers up to keep the TC alive and take out units quicker; I wouldn't have though of doing that in such a situation.

Well played by both sides. Cammel probably would have won if Drew didn't make it onto the water.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""KingVint""]Your constant raiding with such a small group of hussar really kept you in the game; his eco was about the same as yours most of the game. Good idea with throwing those towers up to keep the TC alive and take out units quicker; I wouldn't have though of doing that in such a situation.

Well played by both sides. Cammel probably would have won if Drew didn't make it onto the water.[/quote]

At one point I have 3 hussars with a collective HP of about 100. LOL.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

Several times.

I was actually playing a 3v3 the other day, and this Lieutenant Colonel dude on the other team only sent 5 hussars to my town, and kept hacking my vills apart when I was fighting his team's army.

When my teammates had like, 40 Longbowmen and 25 Uhlans...

I had, err...

12 musketeers.

That pretty much lost us the game...
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

Q: Ever spent a whole game in your tc?

A: everytime i play dutch :(
- Dan
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

just viewed game , some good raiding there drew ;) i was surprised to see that you didn't play CM, but then again i refrain from sending it as well most games , well played drew :)

man that was nuts, if i were playing against you i most likely would have been pulling out my hair in fustration from trying to understand why that lone hussar with 11 hp was alive and raiding for over 8 minutes w/o dying rofl, that hussar must have had an angel on his shoulder
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]just viewed game , some good raiding there drew ;) i was surprised to see that you didn't play CM, but then again i refrain from sending it as well most games , well played drew :)

man that was nuts, if i were playing against you i most likely would have been pulling out my hair in fustration from trying to understand why that lone hussar with 11 hp was alive and raiding for over 8 minutes w/o dying rofl, that hussar must have had an angel on his shoulder[/quote]

Yes, Drew's hussars are blessed by God (or Allah if he is playing Otto ::/ ). It always amazes me how he can sneak them in, kill a woman or two, then break away before your pike guards can come close. Meanwhile, you take your eye off the main action and your army stumbles into his and you get pwned :o

In response to the question about living in your TC, Ports do it extremely well. I remember a Sporting rec in which he perfectly allocated his vils into his 3 TCs (10 in each, with colonial militia) and basically shot an Indian guy to death with TC fire and loads of MM. At the same time, the villagers enjoyed their down-time in the TC, sipping Portuguese sweet wines and a spot of imported Earl Grey tea from their British allies :D In between sips, they stepped up to the window, took potshots (doing 135 damage) and down goes another sepoy.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Hydrovert5 »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""deadhanddan""]just viewed game , some good raiding there drew ;) i was surprised to see that you didn't play CM, but then again i refrain from sending it as well most games , well played drew :)

man that was nuts, if i were playing against you i most likely would have been pulling out my hair in fustration from trying to understand why that lone hussar with 11 hp was alive and raiding for over 8 minutes w/o dying rofl, that hussar must have had an angel on his shoulder[/quote]

Yes, Drew's hussars are blessed by God (or Allah if he is playing Otto ::/ ). It always amazes me how he can sneak them in, kill a woman or two, then break away before your pike guards can come close. Meanwhile, you take your eye off the main action and your army stumbles into his and you get pwned :o

In response to the question about living in your TC, Ports do it extremely well. I remember a Sporting rec in which he perfectly allocated his vils into his 3 TCs (10 in each, with colonial militia) and basically shot an Indian guy to death with TC fire and loads of MM. At the same time, the villagers enjoyed their down-time in the TC, sipping Portuguese sweet wines and a spot of imported Earl Grey tea from their British allies :D In between sips, they stepped up to the window, took potshots (doing 135 damage) and down goes another sepoy.[/quote]

Sounds like the old western Texas...

The Alamo, anyone?
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Great game. Very entertaining guys! Drew, well done for hanging in there, I think you must have wanted to quit loads of times, and if it wasn't for the scores you may have done. Very close game indeed!!!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Hey Drew, what's with all these nail-biting near losses to Cammel? Are you guys just pulling my leg here for suspense :D

I'm going to watch this tonight and have another steak dinner and a beer to go along with the entertainment presentation. 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

man cammel came so close to spotting that first dock pretty early. Might have been gg if he had, cause I don't think drew had a rax up yet to stop him from getting it down. Crazy game tho
JKL4LiF3
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JKL4LiF3 »

deadhanddan leaves fast. :P :)