Order in Chaos

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Order in Chaos

Post by LaZy »

Once upon a time a young, from Belgium, man took upon himself the task of hoping into a big noisy tin can in order to cross half the globe.

Other than knwoing that he is still very much active with the game nothing is known about his daily routines, if his expectations are being met, if pictures have been taken or even if the GF is enjoying herself with him.

I, better yet, WE, want some news pls Chaos.

out
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Order in Chaos

Post by 36drew »

LOL. I'm really confused. We can't be talking about I_Chaos_I can we?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

hehe 8)

I often chat with those online so a bunch of ya are up to date, but for the sleepers, I'm doing great here in China.
We train usually between 5 and 8 hrs a days, 6 days a weeks. We are learning kungfu, taichi, qigung and some weapons (staff, sword...) Sundays are off. It's really great to be able to do that. Life is easy and simple, with only the basics and no real luxuary, but that's just fine. Atm we're trying to extend our visum, which turns out to be a bit harder than expected... :(
I play very few games because not too many are online and i tend to cause some serious lag ingame as well - sry for those who suffered it. Reading the forums tho is easier now that i have loads of spare time between training and eating.
Haven't made interesting pictures yet, but I'll get a few soon and post em.

live your dreams folks - it's a lot easier than it sounds!
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Thank u 4 that bro.

a) how many other westeners are there with u
b) are u all treated the same way
c) males and females?
d) are u able 2 do some traveling
e) special moments so far, both good and negative, martial arts non martial arts moments pls
f) are ur expectations being met
g) how the GF handling things
h) how long u staying for, Im not quite sure when u left and 4 how long
i) in Portuguese we have a saying that goes: " O sonho comanda a vida" which for all u fine people that slept through ur portuguese quotes lessons it means something like: "dreams control ur life". Looks like u have control over urs Chaos, since ur living ur dream. Thats something very special and Im happy for u.

out
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

a) there are many westeners in Yangshuo, its a very popular/touristy place in china - made a few friends but most are chinese people
b) westeners tend to get treated like tourists, but once they get to know u a bit, you're just one amongst the many chinese. really depends also on the purpose of your stay (business, vacation, student...). atm, there is only 1 other student at our school, so its quiet.
c) yes, afaik
d) budget is low, but we'll do some short trips in the summer time
e) no bad moments so far, good moments all the time. I blend in really well in this culture, so does my gf.
f) def yes
g) she loves it too, and has started teaching some english classes as well
h) initial plan was 1 yr, now we are thinking about staying here 3-5 yrs - if we can get visa's ofc
i) thx for caring Lazy, cheers!
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

g) as long as this stays the way it is ull fully enjoy the whole experience
h) WOW......thats simply OP bro.......Im a little jealous tbh.....although I am personaly blessed with my private life I feel nostalgia knowing that that kind of decision making is now virtually impossible for me. Its a choice I made and with which Im happy with though!
i) I do care, u know that, but my question is also somewhat selfish in the sense that Id like some first hand, non biased, info on what ur little corner in China is really like.
j) can u hook me up with a website so I can look into where exactly u are; the school n stuff

keep us posted bro and pls pls pls send us some pics every know and again. Im sure u have a camera with u or even ur phone has 1.

out
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yeah Chaos, it's nice to hear that everything is going alright!
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

martial arts? :? impresive if you whant to travel for that to china.

if you whant to know what's going in belgium: weather still sucks. today it even snowed. The same old same old political catfight is still going on ;) .

eh i think that's all lol ...

gl, veel geluk, bon courage, 8)
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

right now I'm thinking of chaos as this rich guy(like the monoply guy) since you are on vacation for soo long. I wish I could have the patients to learn all those fighting styles. I quit karate lessons after a month since I missed the test to move up a belt color because my mom was late to pick me up and so I arrived 10mins late and was told I would have to go another month before I could take the test. So I stayed for a couple more days where I was back at the very first lessons and became very bored

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""LaZy""]j) can u hook me up with a website so I can look into where exactly u are; the school n stuff[/quote]
I'm building a website for my teachers, they are really poor and don't know anything about internet and computers etc... I hope to have a basic website up soon, but I'm kinda noobish @ webbuilding

[quote=""wicked_assassin""]if you whant to know what's going in belgium: weather still sucks. today it even snowed. The same old same old political catfight is still going on ;) [/quote]
hehe, I really don't miss any of that

@Michael: I'm far from rich, actually, I live a very simple life. The only expensive thing was the one-way planeticket to china (about 500 euros)
Food, clothes, rent etc are all very cheap in China and with a little savings or a job as english teacher, you can do what u want here for a long time.
Any native english speaker can easily earn good money here by just teaching a few classes a day. Schools offer u free accomodation, food and often free visa and planetickets as well. If you're not bound to where u live, try this! For non-natives but with decent english knowledge its also no problem.
Also, martial arts is not about belts, don't give up so fast on it. No matter how basic an excercise it, you can never practise it enough times. Don't forget: your biggest enemy is yourself.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Good to hear your really enjoying yourself out there Chaos, you are truly one of, if not THE only person I have met that has followed their true ambition and love in life! It is a true inspiration!

Also, @ Lazy, if you wanted a few pictures of Chaos' trip so far, or wish to follow some of his recent(ish) activities take a look at his blog;
Chaos' Blog
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

i gave up on the blog thingy, that dutch site doesn't load half the time here :(

there a few few pictures here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/magic_pwns/
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

That is really awesome, Chaos. I must agree with Lazy that "your dream should command your life." I have tried to do the same in my life, and it feels good!

So how is the Chinese language coming? I speak a lot of European languages, but Chinese just strikes me as totally impossible. On the other hand, if I were tossed into the country and forced to learn it, I would probably get a good grip on it.

Thanks for the pics and the updates. The next time I go on a trip (end of this month) I will make a detailed photographic record. It is so important.

Nice work on the training, too! And I must say... you are almost as white as I am ::/ Must be that Northern European blood we share 8)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
yeedman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by yeedman »

By the way chaos (even though I talk too you every 10 days), could you please tell me what "visum" means.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Do you have to be able to speak Chinese to teach English in China?