A 2v2 rec of 36drew and Ceasar.

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

A 2v2 rec of 36drew and Ceasar.

Post by 36drew »

Map: Texas
Match: German/Otto (us) vs. France/British (them)

This game was simply nuts and unbelievable. We loose an early fight. We loose our FB, we loose villagers to raid, and Ceasar looses his tc yet we somehow manage to comeback and win.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBCaesar
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: A 2v2 rec of 36drew and Ceasar.

Post by JBCaesar »

was a great game xD I really enjoyed this game.
I would watch it N3O... ;-)
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

Very good watch. After having the TC razed, Caesar took some chances with his vills exposed, but you guys made sure to keep them distracted in their home base. Going to 3rd age for the pwnage shipment spams worked amazingly.

Good rec,
-Vint
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Was a great game! Drew you played so great here. I loved the fact that you put your hc waypoint to your tower, because it was closer to your gatheres. Also your scouting was really nice to watch. I always forget it when some minutes are gone. You abused your Art Foundry and it's placement between that rocks pretty well. Did you plan it by placing it there or did you just realized it, when they pushed you?

Just a little thing: I used to play that combo (germans /ottos) with a mate for over 100 team games back in nilla and twc and some in early tad days, too. I don't know, how it is now, but placing this Art Foundry too offensive costed us several games. You're pretty toasted if they do a musket rush. On the other hand it was texas and you faced a Brit player, so it was probably right, to risk it.

Like Caesár said:
I would watch it N3O... Wink
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]Was a great game! Drew you played so great here. I loved the fact that you put your hc waypoint to your tower, because it was closer to your gatheres. Also your scouting was really nice to watch. I always forget it when some minutes are gone. You abused your Art Foundry and it's placement between that rocks pretty well. Did you plan it by placing it there or did you just realized it, when they pushed you?

Just a little thing: I used to play that combo (germans /ottos) with a mate for over 100 team games back in nilla and twc and some in early tad days, too. I don't know, how it is now, but placing this Art Foundry too offensive costed us several games. You're pretty toasted if they do a musket rush. On the other hand it was texas and you faced a Brit player, so it was probably right, to risk it.

Like Caesár said:
I would watch it N3O... Wink
[/quote]

Great attention to detail to notice the changing of waypoint to the tower to be closer to gatherers. The art foundy was half there by dumb luck. We both wanted to secure that gold mine actually and it just happened to be in the right spot at the right time.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

very good game to watch , that battle of the fb was intense , i didn't expect them to to both go cav, could have gone either way but better micro by both Drew n Caesar decided the game - gj guys :D
- Dan
James246
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by James246 »

Downloading now. I'll watch it later.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

was fun 2 watch. I think u guys made a lot of damage 2 the frnech player at the start, however, and yes i turned fog off, they were just gaining time in order 2 defend u away effectivly. I believe that u both didnt play as a team until Caeser lost his TC. From there onwards u made little 2 no mistakes military wise as a TEAM! Huge risk with chopping down 1k woof 4 3 TC Otto boom when ur ally is getting his TC razed. Nice comeback though. U won that game, as KingVint stated due 2 OP Fortresss shipments that u used, again, as a team.

out
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Great game, guys. I agree 100% with Lazy's comments. The teamwork really kicked in Age 3 and it was fantastic.

Pike/abus is a strong combo and it would have been better if it got going just a little faster. Doppel/abus is even better, I think, as long as you get going fast (ie, train 4-5 and ship 3). In this game, even a small number of doppels would have kept the cav at bay much better than the pikemen. Still, these guys did the right thing by going double cav when they spotted the arty foundry.

Those black riders were great, along with the mamelukes and spahis. Very nice.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)