Viper is about to post FP 1.1 notes

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Viper is about to post FP 1.1 notes

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I too don't get why the French got a 5% bonus to shipments.

French lategame curassier spam was never really a problem for me to begin with, seeing as most of my games don't get that far.

Only problem I saw was treaty curassier spamming in treaty, and it's not like any treaty players ever use the FP.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Excuse me, as a retired FFA insta cuir abuser I have to say that THEY WERE FRIKKIN INSTANT!

100%-50% church - 40% cav card - 15% thoroughbreds = -5% = 0% aka instant. That nerf did have to come. It's not like they were a normal and usual unit to be instant, they were the most OP unit late game to be instant (backed by 80 pop crazy eco).
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

Sporting the church was already nerved so they weren't instant already anymore
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Yes. But they also boosted regular cuirs train time a lot, which was needed early game, so they removed it from thoroughbreds.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

on some maps you can find native techs boosting training times with 20%, but i'm glad with the changes, it was rediculous (yet fun to do :p )
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Hydrovert5""]I too don't get why the French got a 5% bonus to shipments.

French lategame curassier spam was never really a problem for me to begin with, seeing as most of my games don't get that far.

Only problem I saw was treaty curassier spamming in treaty, and it's not like any treaty players ever use the FP.[/quote]

sorry hydor but I have to contradict you the currasier spam is easy to counter in treaty 40 when you know how, or atleast when your spain, portugal, japan or aztecs(my main treaty civs) With japan just bust out like 20 samurais and watch as those little horsies get slaughtered as they try to run past them(even more fun with 5 hatamoto :twisted: ), with ports go goon happy with some muskets, spain 10 missionaries and basically whatever you want as long as it is not artillery or light infantry, with aztecs, skulls or jaguars are just deadly. The biggest cav problem was with russia if you could not build up against edge of the map but even they can be stopped pretty easily

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

in treaty they can always back the gendarmes up with a couple cannons or skirm,drew posted a replay of a match between him and cammel , even tho drew had almost all gendarme he still beat cammel's sams back and won , sams as of right now wont kill gendarmes quick enough and gendarmes can run away and seige some other section of your base, altho this will change with sams boost and gendarme nerf this coming patch
- Dan
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

At the current time, China has no hope when versing gendarmes in treaty or games that make it to the later ages for that matter. With the new patch, opefully the +15 HPs Keshiks will be able to stop cav now (assuming the pikes that come with them are fully upgraded and carded).
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

French needed extra 5%. If anyone doesn't think so, play french for 10 games, and then switch to germany - you'll just notice germans were french on steroids.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""KingVint""]At the current time, China has no hope when versing gendarmes in treaty or games that make it to the later ages for that matter. With the new patch, opefully the +15 HPs Keshiks will be able to stop cav now (assuming the pikes that come with them are fully upgraded and carded).[/quote]

I disagree w/you.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""deadhanddan""]in treaty they can always back the gendarmes up with a couple cannons or skirm,drew posted a replay of a match between him and cammel , even tho drew had almost all gendarme he still beat cammel's sams back and won , sams as of right now wont kill gendarmes quick enough and gendarmes can run away and seige some other section of your base, altho this will changee with sams boost and gendarme nerf this coming patch[/quote]

Yes well the answer to that is the daiyamos and shogun. Just send them just out of your oppoennets building's los and make a giant army of msukets/ those club dudes with some artillery and you will be able to go through walls faster than the gendarmes can and then while doing that make some hatomoto so as the gendarmes are siegeing they start to drop like flies. Ohh and if the enemy is able to push back your army then move daiaymos and shogun to another side, since they are portable barracks/stables/castle/consulates that can train faster for all of those except consulates

JKL4LiF3
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JKL4LiF3 »

gendarmes r still op. when u have 40, not a lot of things can hold them off. and with their eco, they can still spam them fast, and with the throughbreds card, they r cheaper, so just a little bit more of defense, and it should be fine with the slower training time. but the ww is gonna be better. :D they will get a good age 3 ranged anti-cav unit now.
KingVint
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by KingVint »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""KingVint""]At the current time, China has no hope when versing gendarmes in treaty or games that make it to the later ages for that matter. With the new patch, opefully the +15 HPs Keshiks will be able to stop cav now (assuming the pikes that come with them are fully upgraded and carded).[/quote]

I disagree w/you.[/quote]

When the community says, "China has problems with mass cav" they apparently haven't heard from Soccerman. Expound upon that so we can learn something =)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""]
Yes well the answer to that is the daiyamos and shogun. Just send them just out of your oppoennets building's los and make a giant army of msukets/ those club dudes with some artillery and you will be able to go through walls faster than the gendarmes can and then while doing that make some hatomoto so as the gendarmes are siegeing they start to drop like flies. Ohh and if the enemy is able to push back your army then move daiaymos and shogun to another side, since they are portable barracks/stables/castle/consulates that can train faster for all of those except consulates[/quote]

complete distorted view of japan. Daimyos and the Shogun train very slow, you need to send Bakufu so that they train exceptionally fast. also japans artillery consitst of flaming arrows and morutarus, first sucks vs walls, second does not but therefore sucks vs infantry.
hf canceling the training of your units on a daimyo when your enemy comes near him, i don't think you will be fast enough to cancel and run away (speed penalty through melee mode)

[quote=""KingVint""][quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""KingVint""]At the current time, China has no hope when versing gendarmes in treaty or games that make it to the later ages for that matter. With the new patch, opefully the +15 HPs Keshiks will be able to stop cav now (assuming the pikes that come with them are fully upgraded and carded).[/quote]

I disagree w/you.[/quote]

When the community says, "China has problems with mass cav" they apparently haven't heard from Soccerman. Expound upon that so we can learn something =)[/quote]

i bet soccer meant the fact that keshiks won't do anything against cav, let alone gendarmes. they will still be weak, and that's what i think too :-P
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

LOL at China having problems with gendarmes lategame. So let me doublecheck, Gendarmes now upgrade from colonial and aren't instant anymore vs the old han nerf from 100% to 75%?? I think that old han kinda escaped the nerf bat.