General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Viper is about to post FP 1.1 notes

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""etrips888""][quote=""cheesehat""]They even Nerfed UP civs OMG[/quote]

please point to where there are UP cvis being nerfed, cause I must have missed those...[/quote] i must have missed them as well
- Dan
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

I can't access age sanc at work - can someone post them here please ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""36drew""]
Aztec and boom don't go together. Their economy is usually poor but their early military pressure make up for it along with the firepit.

Keep in mind that in discovery you can have 6wp + 4 villagers on a firepit. This has the same effect as 8wp. This is still significant since normally most aztec players just race to 10wp and use those for xp/attack dance w/e until they hit fortress anyway.

Although sometimes it happens, you usually don't through 25 dancers on in colonial. (I've maybe only done it 4 times of the the 100 i've used a firepit).[/quote]

i think it's 6WP in colonial and 6(!!!) Vills, since the max dancers are set to 12(!) in Colonial. ;)
so maximum is 21 then in colonial, nearly as much as 10WP, but you have to put 6 vills in it, and you don't have to dance out an additional 4WP, puting 6 vills is done in seconds.

i'm glad they didn't overnerf the firepit, though i wished 7 WPs in colo :-P
and i'm glad about the india changes, 10sec without agra in colo is appreciated i just dont like the camel attack nerf to 25%

[quote=""deadhanddan""]+1 to what chaos said ---- their is a thread on agesanc regarding an ''apparent'' abus nerf , this is far from the truth , abus can now finally counter dragoons : which is very much needed , ottoman can now have free vills from mosque techs, doesn't matter an awful lot that prices is adjusted , vills come with them! can always send cheaper mosque tech card and uber boom , at least try out the patch and then judge it[/quote]

that's EXACTLY what i thought too dan, cheap mosque will be used in like 80% in game i guess
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

Mmm... a small nerf to my beloved lbows (reduction in range) but I am happy with increase HI counter. :)
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""GeneralMichael""]Ohh I was so happy that the dancer limit never went below 10 thinking I was safe and could still do my 10 wp dancing at fire pit, then I saw it... they changed the wp limit to 6 wp in age 2, 8 in age 3 and 10 in age 4. 8O :cry: This has just crushed my aztec boom. Though I am happy with spain getting a boost, though I am still waiting for thier fast age up to age 3 that way they can do a decent ff, They are the only 1 without a fast age up and in treaty games only spain does it take me till 30min to get max vills, all the others I have max vills well before 20mins[/quote]

Aztec and boom don't go together. Their economy is usually poor but their early military pressure make up for it along with the firepit.

Keep in mind that in discovery you can have 6wp + 4 villagers on a firepit. This has the same effect as 8wp. This is still significant since normally most aztec players just race to 10wp and use those for xp/attack dance w/e until they hit fortress anyway.

Although sometimes it happens, you usually don't through 25 dancers on in colonial. (I've maybe only done it 4 times of the the 100 i've used a firepit).[/quote]

I should have been more specific by boom I mean I usually am the last person in age 2(usually at 20-25 mins) and so I have 10 wp then set dance to fertility so I can pop out vills like crazy and get 40 vills on food then at that point I have enough resources to age to 3, and once there get a second tc and finish the boom so I have 40 vills on food and 30-40 on gold with 10-20 on wood, that way I can go puma and cyotes happy and then put them in stealth and surround the enemies army as it is preparing to attack and attack it

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]Mmm... a small nerf to my beloved lbows (reduction in range) but I am happy with increase HI counter. :)[/quote]

?? their range stays the same man :-)
just attack down by one
JBCaesar
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by JBCaesar »

really interesting... :-)
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]Mmm... a small nerf to my beloved lbows (reduction in range) but I am happy with increase HI counter. :)[/quote]

just attack down by one[/quote]

Yup, the bonus means that IMO it is really a boost, not a nerf.
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""Roger_The_Rogue""]Mmm... a small nerf to my beloved lbows (reduction in range) but I am happy with increase HI counter. :)[/quote]

just attack down by one[/quote]

Yup, the bonus means that IMO it is really a boost, not a nerf.[/quote]

Lol. Some how I read "ranged attack" as "attack range". :roll: Ja I am happy with this change. ;)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

<3 patch. Some people say it's a lot of changes, but this many changes also brings fresh air to the game, let's not forget there aren't going to be any more expansions.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

There are lots of changes but many of them are intentionally minimal. For example unit shipment changes that decrease the shipment by 1.

If I had to list the most debatable changes I'd probably include:
- some of the train time changes perhaps were not necessary
- 5% french shipment bonus (I would have preferred to not do this just because I expected the reaction that it has received and I don't really think it was necessary.)
- Most of the starting unit and treasure changes. They really wanted to decrease the ability of some civs to harass and kill other civ starting units. This has got to be a competitive 1v1 complaint because it's not something I would have ever been concerned about.

But other than those the rest all fit together pretty well as part of a consistent plan.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yes I agree with you. Still, those who complain about the 5% on french have nothing to complain, they got some nerfs too like goons.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

I wonder why the -15% training time of thouroughbreds has been removed, I mean they weren't instant already after the church nerf
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

That's offset by the drop in train time from 60s to 48s.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""lordandcount""]I wonder why the -15% training time of thouroughbreds has been removed, I mean they weren't instant already after the church nerf[/quote]

No, they were not instant. They would train in whatever 90% of 60 seconds is.

Church = -50% train time
Card = -40% train time

In the new state of affairs they will still be able to train as fast as pre-patch, but not like the old days of 2 pop. ROFL.