Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

2 games of 36drew vs Sporting_lisbon

Post by 36drew »

Game One:
Otto (drew) vs. Japan (sporting)
Yucutan is the map. I go for my classic move of taking both sides of the sea and eventually get a 4 dock sea boom going after my first two produce some ships. I send 3 hussar to harass -- they can't really do anything vs. Japan, but they come in handy in the first battle. I go for jannisaries to guard my tc while I boom. Sporting shrine booms and sends some fishing boats as well. Eventually it becames spahi/jannisarries/falcs vs ashi/yumi/those anti-art cav dealies. After a few pushes his tc falls and it's gg shortly after.

Game Two:
Otto (drew) vs. Ports (sporting)
Saguenay is the map. I am ofc expecting him to go sea and I actually decide to go for an early tp rather than a dock. I collect some wood to make a dock and ship caravel + make one, since 3 cara > 2 cara. It kind works and i'm able to hold him at bay on the sea all things considered, but land is another story. I don't really know what to make since his hussar are causing me some grief. I age and go for cav archers. It just doesn't work and although I hold in there okay for a while since my sea harass buys me time, his tc boom is just out of control awesome. He comes in with mams/besterios/organs/goons against spahi/cav archers/falcs... no chance for me and very wp by sporting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: 2 games of 36drew vs Sporting_lisbon

Post by IndyBrit »

Very nice, this will be must-see video. :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

ggs Drew!
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

on yucatan:
sporting plays japan way different than other players^^
late consulate, late combatcards, the decks suggest more, but i think he only uses ~2 of them

i liked sportings early game as japan, collecting the berry bushes instead of rushing onto the orchard, the orchard is placed more defensively and later in the game, 8 vills per bush sucks :/

you could have built that one house drew, for the experience points, but i think you wanted to have a faster age up there
and too bad that your adv church card was useless at the beginning, the cm too, since he already backed of from your tc

yabusame are a great unit, more focused on taking artilelry down than cav :-)