No end in sight

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

LaZy
Honorary Officer

No end in sight

Post by LaZy »

An impressive detailed account of who was pulling the strings with regards 2 the mess still ongoing in Irak told by the people that could have made a diference.

click here. U need a torrent client like Vuze or microtorrent to downlaod this viruz free Avi video file.

out
EDIT: imdb summary
Last edited by LaZy on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: No end in sight

Post by Soccerman771 »

Care to give a breif synopsis?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

done bro, my bad

out

PS watch it soccer ull like it. It is rather 1 sided but well made I found.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

If I read it right, it basically says that the US knew how to take over the country, but did not know how to run the country once we had "control"....

I do have to say though, that if any country could have done it "right" it would have been the US. I have never understood why we didn't have a plan to replace the government with a legitimate one directly after we toppled Saddam. Did it take less time to "win" the war than we thought it would?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

I think Bush was just trying to finish his dad's legacy so the main mission was basically taking out Saddam. I think he left the details up to the other staff members who really had no idea wth we were attacking Iraq for anyway. At least Poland helped.
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

Among the lies told by the Bush administration was the one told by Rumsfeld when he said the occupation would be measured in months, not years. When the early edicts like dissolving the government and de-bathification were announced it was further proof that they lied all along.

Mac
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Macabee""]Among the lies told by the Bush administration was the one told by Rumsfeld when he said the occupation would be measured in months, not years. When the early edicts like dissolving the government and de-bathification were announced it was further proof that they lied all along.

Mac[/quote]

Go back 200 years and find me an administration that hasn't lied to the American people.
jtackel@hotmail.com

LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Thats not the point. Its not a question of "2 lie or not 2 lie". Its a question of "lets lie but get away with it". Or at least "lets lie and let the lie stand for 50 years until the Top Secret logo is removed from the files".

This documentary, 2 keep the post from heading down the beer ally, clearly shows that there is no real intention of getting the country back on track. People were nominated. Lots of people were nominated. Lots of good hard working people were nominated 2 get that country back on track. Problem is they should have planned things with a little more time. The real problem is that these same people were simply not allowed 2 fullfill their functions. Its this fact that is worrying.

out

PS the movie is from 2007 so it will be in most DVD stores 4 rental (although u can "rent" it from the above mentioned link)
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Available on netflix for all you netflix users.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Have u seen it then Rascal?

out
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Nope. I just looked it up to see if it was available.
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""Macabee""]Among the lies told by the Bush administration was the one told by Rumsfeld when he said the occupation would be measured in months, not years. When the early edicts like dissolving the government and de-bathification were announced it was further proof that they lied all along.

Mac[/quote]

Go back 200 years and find me an administration that hasn't lied to the American people.[/quote]

Hmm, I can only go back 200 years. I guess that rules out Washington I suppose, since 1809 is the earliest I can go.... Off hand, I can't think of any lies told by Lincoln, do you know of any?

I think it's notable that the bush administration lied to such a pathological degree, that catching them telling the truth is truly an outstanding feat.

Mac
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Lincoln had some lies involving slave abolishment in northern states if I remember correctly.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""hallchr""]I think Bush was just trying to finish his dad's legacy so the main mission was basically taking out Saddam. I think he left the details up to the other staff members who really had no idea wth we were attacking Iraq for anyway. At least Poland helped.[/quote]

So did Iceland.

I am AFK until Tuesday, but I will have to check this out when I get back to my Chicago supercomputer. :D

As far as lying in government goes, it's all part of the trade. Machiavelli is the man when it comes to determining whether it's advisable to break your word. It is a question of pure, brute power. Unfortunately, all too often every ethical principle dissolves when placed under sufficient pressure, or eliminated by payment of a suitable price.

If it is more profitable to lie, there will be lies. If it costs more money to tell the truth than to lie, there will be lies. This is simple cost-benefit analysis, not subtle ethical reasoning. Sometimes it is less costly to tell the truth if a discovered lie will cost more in the long run. But in that case, the motivation to tell the truth is not principle, but the desire to avoid financial loss.
Last edited by Kaiser_von_Nuben on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

Wow Sporting I am super impressed. Yes, in fact slavery is technically still legal within certain parts of the United States, which is really ironic since Lincoln is one of the presidents that Obama looks up to most.

Honestly, as I poke my head around outside this little shell bubble of a world that I live in, I really don't know, and by that i mean know, all that much. To quote the fantabulous Al Pacino, I'm no judge and jury. I think that to say anyone is definately a liar is a pretty large step to take. Maybe Bush honestly believes he was doing the right thing, maybe even rumsfeld too. In the same way, I hope Obama is trying to do the right thing and I believe he is.

What I do know is that I lie an awful lot, even when I don't really need to, in order to get things that I want. If I was in a place of power, I'm pretty dam sure I would do things in much the same fashion to some degree at least. maybe that makes me an evil ba$t@rd

So on the one hand, I think it is important to try to put leaders into power who do the right thing, but if we all spend more time worrying about what a few people are doing right or wrong, then we completely ignore what we ourselves are doing right and wrong. There is a lot of stuff we can not control, and even fewer things we can fix by pointing fingers. But the ripple effect of an individual acting in service to those around him spreads like nothing I have seen.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York