General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Will FP kill the game?

Post by Comadevil »

Making FP available via ESO is an illusion. First ES is dead, 2nd MS will never give a patch out they never tested themselves and i think there aren't many testers left or even someone who understands what the patch is all about.

MS has even annouced already that the developers of Flight Simulator can look for a new job.
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

It takes maybe 30-60 seconds to change patches. I'm not sure how that kills anything since everyone has the option to switch back and forth.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

One Question: Will they delete the Previous Fan Patch each time or ill they just add on where we end up with like Fan Patch 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, etc.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
jonesk
Private
Private

Post by jonesk »

With the next Fan Patch the Problem will get bigger, because not everybody who downloaded the Patch will download the other.
I think with the people who primarily play the fanpatch, balance is the biggest concern, so there is no reason why they would not download the next fanpatch.
GreenDude
Captain
Captain

Post by GreenDude »

[quote=""DrWho42""]Can anything be done to make the FP an auto download on ESO?[/quote]
:idea: Anybody up for hacking the ESO servers? :D I mean, we could switch it and make everyone get it? What do you say MNBob, if we could get in, would you be willing to switch the patch? lol :-P Seriously though, it is an option ;) China hackers does it all the time to the US goverment :twisted:
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

i am almost 95% of the time on the eso patch. there just isn't any games on the fp for a ms to play. the only time im on the fp is for a clan game. if it was automatic then it would be alot better for the community. and i have seen people say they wont download the patch because they like using the op japs or india.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

[quote=""djdan""]One Question: Will they delete the Previous Fan Patch each time or ill they just add on where we end up with like Fan Patch 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, etc.[/quote]
It's not quite that simple. I'll release another installer which will uninstall the current patch launcher and fan patch and replace it with the latest version. But anyone could make a backup of the 1.0 fan patch and copy it back after the new launcher is installed. But again, this doesn't really matter since people can easily switch patches and play whatever patch they want and are able to find a game with.

Re: ES forcing the patch through ESO
It just won't happen. First this wouldn't help anyway because they'd never keep up with our schedule. 1.0 was really a quick fix anti-laming patch to bring down Japan and India. 1.1 is really the first overall balance patch. If ES had chosen to work with the 1.0 patch they'd probably only be making it available around now which is close to when we hope to have the next patch available.