Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

German Renegado Rush

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

copied from AS forums, but I thought it might be interested to know about it:

Discovery Age
- Pretty standard, collect 800 food while maintaining a constant villager production.
-Age up with 400 wood politician (click age-up at appx. 3 minutes)

Transition to Colonial
-Leave 4 vills on food, send the rest of the vills + SW on chopping wood.
-You will collect a total of 400 wood, where you spend 200 on houses ASAP, and save 200 for a Saloon. (I usually build my houses just infront of my most exposed goldmine to shield my miners)
-Once you've built two houses and have 200 wood to spare, you send all your wood choppers over to coin, save one SW.
You now have appx 4 vills on food, 1 SW on wood and the rest on coin.
-Leave TC waypoint at coin.

Colonial Age
-Build a Saloon in your base and send Palatine Settlements ASAP
-With the 400 wood crates from age-up you build two houses, and a Barracks or a Stable. The one~ SW you have on wood will chop wood for a market and more housing.
-Start training Renegados, and don't waste your free uhlans from the Palatine shipment.
-The following three shipments will be 9xbow/5uhlan/3doppels in no particular order. Against Russia I recommend uhlans, against Japan I recommend xbows etc.

I advice not to attack before you get your first millitary shipment. Once you have 10 Renegados, let's say 9 xbows and then 4 uhlans you should be able to be a little aggressive. Continue to send military shipments to supply your army. The 4 Landsknecht(?) shipment is viable in your deck, as you'll eventually have an overflow of coin - and Renegados need some good anticav. You'll also be amazed that it will not take long before you have the economy to train both Renegados and a few doppels/uhlans at the same time.

When you get the upper hand and your Renegados stop dieing, you'll soon get pop'd 200/200. That's a good sign that you should start thinking about age3. You no longer need resources for any military, so focus on advancing in age.

That's where the fun begins. If you haven't won yet, 9+8 uhlan shipment combined with merc spam from saloon will do the trick

Try it out for yourselves and maybe adapt it a bit, as I'm writing this out of my short time memory. May be some errors in it I don't know, I tried to remember as close to 100% as possible.
I learned this strat after being beaten by it, and studying the recorded game. If someone knows this strat better than me, feel free to correct eventual errors.

Edit: Oh yeah, Renegado micro is extremely important!
Only have two/three Renegados shooting at the same unit. Attack-move is useless here, so use your mouse like a crazy person.
Then you'll see the effectiveness with +20 +20 +20 +20 +20 +20 +20 appearing all over your screen as your opponents units dies like flies.

works on:
Rockies
Great Plains
Bayou
Carolina
California
New England
Great Lakes
Andes
Texas
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: German Renegado Rush

Post by murdilator »

Looks quite fun and interesting. Maybe the person who wrote this guide might want dance hall in their deck, to make renegados 0.67% their population (1.5x population effectiveness).

I have heard that it is quite OP, and german outlaws are being considered to nerfing (indirectly, such as the SW gathering 1.00 Coin and expending 0.75 coin from a mine). However, they are UP for other civs, so most likely that they will be balanced; less attack but less population. Maybe 4 population, and 28 x2 attack would be good.

regards,

murdilator
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
GreenDude
Captain
Captain

Post by GreenDude »

I think I'm going to give this a go. See how good it is.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""murdilator""]Maybe the person who wrote this guide might want dance hall in their deck, to make renegados 0.67% their population (1.5x population effectiveness). [/quote]

you don't need dance hall as germany since you got palatine settlements ;)
that's why it is like only germany which does this. plus palatine supports pop for all units, decreasing the renegados pop from 6 to 5 is not really useful :/

i've seen that in the game vs Kon on Great Plains, and i loved it. mostly good if the other team has a whole lot of musks
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

brits should be good too with outlaws, i remember we once had a clan challenge to max out on 200 pop asap, and i had 200 pop around 8.30 i think using loads of outlaws
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]brits should be good too with outlaws, i remember we once had a clan challenge to max out on 200 pop asap, and i had 200 pop around 8.30 i think using loads of outlaws[/quote]

ye but germany is predestined for it :D
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Top strat, too bad it's for germans since they don't really need it :S
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Works good, i saw it a month ago where someone did this to me.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

been alot of talk on agesanc about the infamous renegado rush, some nerfing it by making renegado weaker, some making them more expensive, some altogether want to make them weaker, more expensive, and able to train out of multiple saloons, either way it is dealt with i feel german renegado days are numbered with any future fan patches that are released
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Yes, it's fun, but kind of an outdated strat. Not only that, it is difficult to mass renegados quickly because they train extremely slowly; even slower than hussars, I think. They have very low HP, so even their counters can overwhelm them early. That said, if you can cover them well in the beginning, they are formidable. But Germany's other abilities are so much better than this strat. You can't upgrade renegados, they house you to death and they do not deliver that much bang for the buck the way dual rax xbow/pike/uhlan does in mid-colonial. You only get one saloon, don't forget. You can build as many barracks and stables as you want, and with the German economy behind them, they stay busy :D "Aufgabe?"
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Pigz
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Pigz »

I know I'm a little late to the discussion, but my friend did something like this on Indochina. He used dutch, and since you get a free start saloon he built houses and a bank and spammed wokou pirates and thugees and killed me with those and ruyters. After he beat me I tried it out with german, and it works alot better that way, but it's about the same as the original post: age, send palantines, SWs to gold and your set, especially with the free uhlan. Try it sometime, it's pretty nice.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Thugees are beasts.

Have you seen the VOD DAMNIT vs Victor_swe?

Thuggee semi FF, fruiting OP
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

On indochina germany starts with trainable Renegado's from the salloon. It's pretty strong.