bodet (ms) vs lt col

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bodet (ms) vs lt col

Post by adeadmanrunning »

well i lost but i didnt go down without much of a fight. he was giving me some pointers after the game but my comp froze before he could help much so i was hopeing i could get some help. the matchup was germans vs azzys. i went azzys on mongolia.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Re: bodet (ms) vs lt col

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

The recording goes out of syn on my computer before the end but, potentially you could have won that I reckon. Do accept these pointers from an amature!

Same as before, your deck needs Coyote Combat in it. I think the Coyote combat card is more important than the age 3 Coyote upgrade merc shipment even though it's only an age 2 card. And, I'd get rid of one of the age 1 wood upgrades.

On the game itself, again you're loitering with your WP. You did scout a bit with him but soon he was standing around doing nothing. If you don't want to commit the 100 wd for the FP I'd recommend just keeping him with your WC. His healing role alone really boosts the WCs treasure collecting stamina.

Unusual seeing him sending MM so early. On that map, I guess the TCs are close together and it looked like he could one shot your settlers with them. Dangerous. I don't think you should chase MM with SK - especially on someone that level. Even with 0 health MM can shoot and run SK. With 0 health MM are seriously fragile and you can even use your settlers to kill them.

Anyway, even after that, when you massed your army and he decided to leave his base with all those Ulhan I was thinking to myself, actually, bodet's position is looking really stong here. The L C only had a stable, and, the army you'd gathered looked like it had the potential to kill his shipped xbow and then Puma him to death. When you went in, I was a bit worried you were getting sidetracked by hitting settlers before his army, however, even then things looked good. Well done using the Puma to focus on his stable.

But then... the game goes out of sync for me, so I don't know what happened next.

gg, having watched you, you might even get me forwarding more and using the 2 SK age :).
xavior13
Conscript
Conscript

Re: bodet (ms) vs lt col

Post by xavior13 »

i agree totally, no point in fortress coyote card imho. upgraded coyotes in colonial should kill xbows/uhlans just fine, add 2 mace shipments to that and micro. bye bye pike. then u win =D