Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

WP on firepit immediately?

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Hi,

The most popular start for Aztec is building a FP ASAP and getting the WP to work (acts as 2 settlers on FP).

Is using the 100 wd for that firepit for something else and using the WP to scout/treasure hunt/heal the WC a viable start inplace of the popular one?

If so, any suggestions below on what the best use of that 100 wd might be, and, how one might most effectively use the WP. e.g., you might want to suggest shipments that might compliment this strat...
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: WP on firepit immediately?

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

kamikaze rushes could prob be better off building a 2nd house, but for all other cases, go with firepit and xp dance, shipment spam is needed as aztecs.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

Generally it's Firepit and XP dance, with 1 WP or 1 WP + 1 vil.

On maps like Yukon, however, it's worth not making it and using the WP to heal the Warchief and get all the big treasures, which makes up for the lack of firepit.

That's all I've seen done, and do myself.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

FP with wp on xp dance always. On maps with tons of treasures the xp dance allows you to get the 4 jaguars asap.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""LoN_Colossus""]Generally it's Firepit and XP dance, with 1 WP or 1 WP + 1 vil.

On maps like Yukon, however, it's worth not making it and using the WP to heal the Warchief and get all the big treasures, which makes up for the lack of firepit.

That's all I've seen done, and do myself.[/quote]

My problem on Yukon (when doing a fast rush) is running out of time and wanting to incorporate my WC in my rush, but there are so many good treasures to be had! Decisions, decisions :?
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

Cleeduz - Easy solution, don't be greedy :-P
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

just a thought, does russian team cheap priest affect wp?
- Dan
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

For me i do not build a FP right away and have the WP help my Warchief get treasures and build a small army. If my first couple charges fail or I am on the defensive and think I can hold of the first wave of enemy troops then I build a FP and put my WP on it and start having them make more WP. Then once I have 10 I set it to fertility dance (with 10 WP 1 tc can pop out a vill every 4 seconds). This leads me to getting about 30 vills on farms 10-15 on wood and 10 on gold. Then I age up and am able to easily out boom the other guy and overwelm him with my strong eco.

Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Thanks Michael. If you're under pressure, the FP is of use because you can produce Warriors from it to defend.

I was wondering if it might be advantagous to use your WP to collect treasures/scout/etc initially.

For example, if you do the FP XP upgrade immediately (you'll have 50 fd, 50 wd, and you'll often pick up the 50 gold from a treasure), can you gain more from a WC/WP combo than from having a WP (=2 settlers) collecting XP?

Advantages of using a WP in conjuction with the WC are:

(1) Increases your attack slightly. Particularly useful when you've whittled down a guardians health, and you're withdrawing your WC - so he doesn't get the last blow - to get the full XP aura bonus.

(2) Healing action. He can heal your WC or converted guardians so they're more ready to move onto the next treasure. Plus, you can take on greater treasures, e.g. ones with two guardians - and the accumlative damage doesn't stop you as much from continuing onto other treasures.

(3) In WC vs. explorer battles, the WP is more durable - than converted guardians - because of his 360hp. Plus, he can't get sharp shooted.

Anyway, it's hard to quantify this stuff compared to a straight XP gathering on a FP.

I think Colossus' point about specific maps is important. If it's Yukon, using your WP in this way could be the better option. Just cross the river and the pickings are plentiful. And, I'm not sure the argument that you need your WP on the FP so you can get XP ASAP to ship 4 Jags. Because, if there are lots of treasures around, you can get XP from killing guardians.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

how good are those 4 jags nowadays? they used to pwn everything but got nerfed a lot.
Are they still worth it on treasure heavy maps?
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]how good are those 4 jags nowadays? they used to pwn everything but got nerfed a lot.
Are they still worth it on treasure heavy maps?[/quote]They were nerfed so now they only tear guardians to shreds, nothing else.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Oh wait, that's their job :p Yes they're worth it.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

With enough treasures, the 4 jags will virtually pay for your next card (3 villies) and you'll get it very quickly.
Last edited by Shizle on Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Shizle""]With enough treasures, the 4 jags will give you your next card (3 villies) almost for free and in short order.[/quote]

True, I think the rec of Mac & Crz3n's recent game shows this. I never thought of adding that card until watching that game! 8)
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin