Hallchr looking to join

Interested in joining N3O? You can find all the information here

Moderator: Global Moderator

hallchr

Hallchr looking to join

Post by hallchr »

Good afternoon everyone reading this topic. I know that I was not invited but I frequently see member of your clan on and they seem like intelligent strong players that I have always appreciated. Now I know that the odds of me being able to join are slim but nevertheless, I would like to try. I am 18 years old and will be a student at Indiana University but the unfortunate events have kept me from being a student there thus far. I will go further in depth about these events if you want me to but for now let's move onto my aoe3 skills. Now I am only level 26, a captain level. Although I know this is only a middle rank, neither noob nor great I also know that I will improve. I'm going to be in college around second semester starting January so it is around that time frame that I will have much more time to play. My current elo is 1994.5 which is irritatingly close to 2k but whatever. Now I hope this introduction has been brief enough for you all so I shall partake of my leave. Have a present evening.
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hallchr looking to join

Post by LoN_Colossus »

Applying all over then?

You need to make a choice halls, N3O will let you in ASAP whilst we won't (because thats how this clan works). If that helps you make a choice.
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Are you in Nerve as well?
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

hallchr:

We're focused on how you play the game and your attitude, not how WELL you play the game. Your PR and skill is easily top half around here.

If you are mature and enjoy playing, you are welcome here. If you want to get mad OP skills you can do that here but some other clans may be a better fit for you.

And IU FTW... I would like to hear that story some day. PM me if you think an IU grad that knows a few people down there might be able to help or if you just want to share. (Can't help you if you live in Antarctica and have no boat, or some other such insoluble problem)
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""hallchr""]Are you in Nerve as well?[/quote]

LoN_Colussus is in Nerve only - he's a welcomed guest over here. :D
LoN_Colossus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by LoN_Colossus »

[quote=""hallchr""]Are you in Nerve as well?[/quote]I am in NerVe, head recruiter. Not in N3O, I just post in different clan's forums as well.
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

That makes sense. I do indeed enjoy playing the game and I really have no idea what gave you the idea that I didn't. I'll P.M. you the story.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""hallchr""]That makes sense. I do indeed enjoy playing the game and I really have no idea what gave you the idea that I didn't. I'll P.M. you the story.[/quote]

I wasn't assuming anything, just laying it out there for you. I didn't have the idea that you did or didn't enjoy the game, although I would assume you do or you wouldn't be here.

Some people are more interested in having fun, some in getting high ranks, some have a mixed view, etc. :D
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

I am probably someone interested in getting a very high rank because I am an ultra competitive person. It's been a problem all my life.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Yeah but you sound like a person that if something doesnt go your way you wouldnt flame them, like Indy says we aint about how good a player is, its their attitude to their play, for example someone who joins the clan but unwilling to play clan games or unwilling to play unrated would not fit in our community very well, but those who, post regularly(not spamming useless nonsense, thats my job), always willing to play a clan game or unrated clan game ie 3v3/4v4 will fit in very well in our community Kaiser is an excellent example of this, I dont like to point out individual usually but he is without a doubt one of the best participants in our clan!

Anyway where are my manners?! Welcome to our clan, the N3O community! It will be good to have you aboard! Hope to see you around eso soon for some games maybe!

Dan
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

i know your story
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Dan, you're too kind ::/ I try my best to play when I can, although these days time has been tight.

Hall, I can't add much to what has already been said. N30 would be happy to have you. We have a good number of 1900+ elo players, but rank and rating are not the most important thing to us. That's not to say you can't be competitive while playing for N30; we just put an emphasis on having fun and approaching life (and games) with a respectful, positive outlook. If we win, we're happy. If we lose, we don't tear each other's heads off; we just smile and play another :-P If there's one thing N30 members know, it's that AOE 3 is game. To be sure, it is a game we all love and study, but a game nonetheless. If you think this is the environment in which you'd like to play, then you've come to the right place.

Whether you choose to join us or not, best of luck with your career at college! I hope you find a good fit in an AOE3 clan, too.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

I really have no idea where the idea that I am a hyper competitive person who cares nothing else but if I win came from but I can not stress enough that it is completely false and unjustified. I am very polite and when we lose, i'm not going to lie it does bother me internally, I never flame anyone or start cursing at people. I have never done that and never intend to. If I was only playing the game because I enjoy winning I would not be playing it at all. I usually lose in my unrated games which I play way more of. I only recently started playing rated games again but I have stopped playing rated games two days ago. Most every game I play is unrated.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""hallchr""]I am probably someone interested in getting a very high rank because I am an ultra competitive person. It's been a problem all my life.[/quote]

^^ I think this is maybe where they got the idea that you were "ultra competitive".

No worries, as others have stated earlier Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy the clan games and the community. :D
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Welcome hallchr. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here. You're welcome here. You sound like a good guy to me and others.

We play RTS league, have our own league (currently just finished the first season) and a intraclan tourney once or twice a year. We're very well organized and have great officers. If you're interested in the clan leage for season II, I think there's still time to sign up.

We also have a Ventrillo server and many of the guys use Vent in team play.

Welcome aboard!
Craz
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n