Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference

Post by Cyclohexane »

DOWNLOAD HERE: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference
VIEW ONLINE: On-Line Version

Download Details: Click Here

Simply click the link above and click the download file. You do not need to be a member to download but consider joining. We are always looking for friendly active members:
POST HERE TO JOIN
Please do not bother if you are rude, cheat, or immature.

Short Description
This is a comprehensive spreadsheet covering all of the major aspects of the real time strategy game, Age of Empires III, the War Chiefs, and the Asian Dynasties expansion packs. Anyone serious about learning this game needs this workbook.

Description:
I have completed the Quick Reference Guide for TAD. I posted this a few weeks ago for the clan I am in, N3O and made a few changes based on their comments. Originally I made a huge list of changes I made from the TWC to TAD Guide but it is so long I doubt there are many in the ADD age that will read it all. My advice is to look through every sheet as if it is new because I pretty much changed everything a little and some things a lot.

This Guide answers all of the common questions and a few you never thought to ask. In general, I tried to group the worksheet tabs in categories and in alphabetical order. I also started coloring coding the worksheet tabs for easier grouping. I can find anything in the guide within a few seconds, just look for key words. The following topics are covered:

• AOE3 Quick Reference Guide (Cover sheet with useful links)
• Table of Contents
BUILDING GUIDES
...Buildings – Defensive Structures
...Building Summary
BREAKEVEN CALCULATIONS
...Breakeven – HC Shipment
...Breakeven – Native Big Button
...Breakeven – Unique Church Techs
• Consulate Summary
• Experience Guide
FIRE PIT GUIDES
...Fire Pit Summary
...Fire Pit-Travois & Gift Dance (a mathematical comparison)
• Healing and Repairing Guide
HOME CITY SHIPMENT GUIDES
...Home City Shipments – Asians
...Home City Shipments – European
...Home City Shipments – Natives
...Home City – Trickle Shipments (Villager equivalent calculations)
• Map Summary
• Market Analysis (compares advanced market and all Asian unique markets)
MINOR NATIVE GUIDES
...Minor Natives, Temples, & Maps
...Minor Native Technologies
• Politicians, Councils, & Wonders
RESOURCE RATE GUIDES
...Resource Rate – Gathering Times
...Resource Rate – Livestock
...Resource Rate – Shrine
...Resource Rate – Sacred Field
• Revolution Summary
• Starting Conditions
GENERAL STRATEGY GUIDES
...Strategy – House Placement
...Strategy – Defend a Rush
...Strategy – Town Center
TECHNOLOGY INFORMATION GUIDES
...Technology – Arsenal Upgrades
...Technology – Church Summary
...Technology – Resource Summary
• Treasure Guide
UNIT INFORMATION GUIDES (every unit in the game)
...Unit Classification
...Unit Classification & Counters
...Unit Train Times
...Units – Consulate
...Units – Guardians
...Units – Mercenary Statistics
...Units – Minor Native Statistics
...Units – Pet Statistics
...Units – Revolution
...Units – Aztecs
...Units – British
...Units – China
...Units – Dutch
...Units – French
...Units – German
...Units – India
...Units – Iroquois
...Units – Japan
...Units – Ottoman
...Units – Portuguese
...Units – Russian
...Units – Sioux
...Units – Spanish
MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION
...Misc – Acronyms, & BB Code
...Misc – Cheats
...Misc – Damage Capacity Summary
...Misc – Default Hotkey & Taunt
...Misc – Level & Single Play Edit
...Misc – Power Rating System
...Misc – Random Notes
...Misc – Reading Players Scores

For those of you who do not have Excel, here are some free viewers:

Excel Viewer 2003
This is a free Excel viewer that allows you to view but not edit.

Open Office
OpenOffice.org is a multiplatform and multilingual office suite and an open-source project. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute.

For those of you who do not have Excel, do not want to download a free viewer, but still want to access the spreadsheet, I have converted it to an .html file on my website:

On-line AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference

I would like to warn you that it does not look as good. The interactive features (i.e. calculators) do not function in this version (due to the .html). It was either have all the cells formatted and no interaction, or interaction with no formatting. Since the majority of this spreadsheet requires reading but no inputs, I decided to keep the formatting. It is sad Microsoft forces you into those choices but those are the only options I am aware of.

All in all, I should have been paid for this. But don’t get me wrong, it is not perfect, but I did strive for perfection. Go over it with a fine tooth comb and let me know of any mistakes I may have made. Please post all of your comments, error corrections, and general praise here.
Last edited by Cyclohexane on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Re: AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference

Post by Cyclohexane »

I posted in the General Section because we do not have a General Strategy Forum yet. I can move later but I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. I put a ton of work into this and got a lot of help editing from N3O members. Many things have changed since I posted in the members only section. Download the new and improved version

Thanks!

For my convenience:

Age Community

Age Sanctuary

Game Replays

Heaven Games
Last edited by Cyclohexane on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

I plan to link you from my unit chart. That chart gets LOTS of hits so it should bring in some good traffic.
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""MNBob""]I plan to link you from my unit chart. That chart gets LOTS of hits so it should bring in some good traffic.[/quote]

Thats cool man, thanks. 197 downloads the first day, not bad.

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Man, just look at the visitors to the site!

Visitors:
01: Downloads
02: Downloads
03: Downloads
04: Downloads
05: My Account
06: Downloads
07: Downloads
08: Downloads
09: Downloads
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""RascalJones""]Man, just look at the visitors to the site!

Visitors:
09: Downloads[/quote]

This website is on par with the best AOE3 websites out there thanks to a lot of work from a few guys. I'm hoping a few active friendly members will take a look around before leaving.

For someone as proud about their son's checker playing abilities, you sure have a strange and humorous signature.

NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Great job Cyc. I added it to our news earlier. Thanks again for giving N3O some great advertising. We'll be sure to give your guide and MNBob's spreadsheets plenty of exposure. I noticed someone already added it to useful links. Over 250 downloads in just over a day.

The only reason I knew it was released was because of the big jump in traffic. I looked at the site stats, visited some referrers and spotted it.

Thanks for the plugs.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Top bombing!!!
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""][quote=""RascalJones""]Man, just look at the visitors to the site!

Visitors:
09: Downloads[/quote]

This website is on par with the best AOE3 websites out there thanks to a lot of work from a few guys. I'm hoping a few active friendly members will take a look around before leaving.

For someone as proud about their son's checker playing abilities, you sure have a strange and humorous signature.[/quote]

They're not my words...just the quote I laughed hardest at yesterday. My daughter is developing mad paintshop skillz too. I'll have her design the next banner. ;)
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

I expected much more traffic based on this:

Heaven Games Download count

That is from a previous version where I got around 4K downloads (another 500 from game replays and I'm not sure if I even uploaded directly to Age Sanc for a count so I estimate around 5K). Either the game is losing popularity, the download manager counts differently (this website will not count downloads from the same IP twice and will not count again when revised so more accurate), or fewer people are interested. Either way, it is not bad, it has only been a couple days.

I would appreciate it if you guys would write some reviews (or at least rank it) since you have to be a member to do that.

NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I had already done both.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

How many times it has been dowloaded by now then?
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""lordandcount""]How many times it has been dowloaded by now then?[/quote]

Click on the download section, then click on the file for the stats. As of now (a couple days) it is 322.

As far as attracting new members, I think we got about 4 to 5 active, friendly members out of 5000 downloads from previous versions. Members come and go but good (mature) members are rare. We are fortunate to have so many!

Of course out of those 5K downloads, there was probably many repeat downloads (Heaven Games seems to be using an outdated forum tool) so I have no idea how many actual copies are in circulation. The tool MNBob installed on this website will be a very accurate count as long as no one sets up a mirror I do not know about.

I noticed there are a ton more visitors to that section (around 5,200) than actual downloads (322). I cannot imagine why this is the case unless:

1.) People decide it is to large of a file to download (slow connections),

2.) Worried there may be a virus on the file (.xls and .zip are known for such things)

3.) Not able to figure out how (not likely but you never know)

4.) To hard to click on two buttons (never underestimate the laziness of your average gamer)...

5.) The program counts every hit, including from the same IP address, while the actual download will only count each actual download (same member or IP from non-members will only count once).

As long as the links above keep getting bumped occasionally, new people will see it and the occasional gamer will want to join the best clan out there. It is currently on front page of Heaven Games and Age Sanc. Game Replays is really going down hill, they used to post it as front page immediately but they have not even updated their front page for TAD yet. I am guessing they had a few moderators jump ship. I was just about to skip posting on Age Community due to the typical maturity level over there and the complete absence of any moderator that cares about fan based downloads. If it wasn't so easy to copy and paste, I would have.

Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

I was reading through my Guide today to find some information on a strategy I was working on and got to thinking, this thing is freaking big! Sure there is a ton of information but takes a long time to scroll on the bottom to get to where you want. In the interest of general gamer laziness I added a table of contents (with descriptions). This table of contents is fully interactive and will take you to the guide of your choice at light speed. You then can click the return right scroll button and go back to the table to navigate. I don’t know why I never thought of this before and why no one has even suggested it. It is very useful!

Also, notice that MNBob placed a direct link to my Guide on his useful unit database (which pulls directly from proto with no errors and I used extensively during creation). Links to his work are also located in my Guide on the front page links section. Clan cooperation.

The download and online links remain the same, just a different version number. I deleted the old version so there is no confusion. I also split my “Revolution & Units” worksheet into two separate worksheets, “Revolution Summary” and “Units – Revolution”. This was just to keep things organized and all the unit worksheets together (makes more since with a table of contents), the content is the same.

Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

FYI: GR.org has portalized ur Quick Ref Guide