President Barack Obama

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Saint
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: President Barack Obama

Post by Saint »

Hes better than McCain.. I mean that guy is old as dirt and if anything happens to him we get that dits (albiet Smoking Hot) Palin women as president.....Think About that!
aka~Rubber_Chuck
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Indybrit: politicians are polticians and in election time I'm pretty sure democrats will run some ads that are pretty negative to their opponents. Generally speaking I dont think democrat voters and politicians are in any way superior to their republican counterparts.

I'm talking about campains and the policies starting since 1980 and even more since 2000 George W. Bush. where the Bush family, their advisors and some republican leaders have been very deliberately campaining on negative issues and abusing the conservative values of their traditional voters to get to power.
Deliberately pointing out social, cultural and religious differences, thus creating a majority of "normal" americans voting for them and "others" that are not 100% american. They have been doings this in election campains and even worse, Bush did it in his policies. They even took it abroad, the infamous "axis of evil". Or deliberetaly overestimating terrorist and foreign threat, bringin fear to US nation.
They gained short term election profits. Abusing that power for the benefit of their supporters and eliminating some old enemies. But alienating americans from each other, alienating the world from the US, putting muslims vs christians,etc... They gave terrorists all ove rthe world even more reasons to hate the US and modern western world. And in my opinion, some of them must have known what they were doing was wrong and still they did it for their own benefit.
In my opnion, they did a lot of damage to true republicans, and I am not comparing you or soccerman or any other with the words and acts of these people.

When I listened to John McCain speech, I saw him regretting all this and very deliberelaty crossing over to the newly elected president.

I might have been a bit over the top in making my point, but I do hope republicans find a way to translating their conservative values to positive ideas, plans and actions for the US and the world, like you and soccerman almost always can.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

No doubt it is a historic moment, whether he flops or flies. We are entering a perplexing new era in American politics; and Obama is inheriting a horrible to-do list. I don't know how he'll rise to challenges of this magnitude. The world economy is on the brink of ruin, there are two wars going on and bin Laden is still at large. I wish Obama all the luck in the world in solving these problems. Perhaps youth and a fresh perspective are exactly what we need at this point. I just don't know. But I do like the idea that Obama will attempt to be more multilateral in his foreign policy. The fact that he was elected last night will make many Europeans feel good about America again... I understand this really means little to many Americans, but it is fact.

I was genuinely impressed with John McCain's concession speech. I have enormous respect for John McCain. He served his country and sacrificed more than Obama ever did. He has always stood for bipartisanism, rapport and civility in Washington, and I hope he can bring those values to the new Congress and the new Administration. I think McCain's campaign managers sabotaged McCain's natural strengths: Moderation, civility, tolerance and experience. I had a feeling that McCain was forcing himself to attack Obama in the Karl Rove mean-spirited style, even though that is not what he wanted to do. In his concession speech, however, we saw "true McCain." Problem is, you can't really run for President if you stress how much you promise to work with the opposing party. After all, it's a Team A v. Team B kind of deal, and you can only praise Team A if you're on Team A. I find this unfortunate, but so it goes.

John McCain could not have picked a worse time to run. He was blamed for Bush's missteps and an economic crisis totally beyond his control. Plus he was up against nothing short of a cultural phenomenon in Obama, who also happened to be 25 years younger. That is not a fair fight.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Well it looks like the Democrats have control of the white house and most of congress. So they are pretty much in control of America especially since the several members of the supreme court are pretty old so Obama might get to put on new judges. Looks like we get to see how well the Democrats can run the government when they can't be stopped easily by the republicans.
Also during my Internation Relations class my class saw that in Bucks county PA we have more people here than there are in Alaska.
Last edited by GeneralMichael on Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

oops misread something 8)
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""]Also during my Internation Relations class my class saw that in Bucks county PA we have more people here than there are in Alaska.[/quote]

I lived in Bucks before I moved to Florida. Where are you from in Bucks County? I was in Morrisville for 12 years.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""][quote=""GeneralMichael""]Also during my Internation Relations class my class saw that in Bucks county PA we have more people here than there are in Alaska.[/quote]

I lived in Bucks before I moved to Florida. Where are you from in Bucks County? I was in Morrisville for 12 years.[/quote]

I am from Hilltown. I have no idea where morrisville is I know I heard that name before. Thoug I just found which way was Souderton and I am still foggy on North Penn and Quakertown

cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""rufio_eht""][quote=""cleeduz""] I must admit, I did puke in my mouth a little bit, upon hearing the news late last night... :([/quote]

What news? Are you pregnant? =p[/quote]

lol, you want to help me pick out names, it's yours! :-P
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""GeneralMichael""]Well it looks like the Democrats have control of the white house and most of congress. So they are pretty much in control of America especially since the several members of the supreme court are pretty old so Obama might get to put on new judges. Looks like we get to see how well the Democrats can run the government when they can't be stopped easily by the republicans.
Also during my Internation Relations class my class saw that in Bucks county PA we have more people here than there are in Alaska.[/quote]

Yeah, the control almost everything. Here's something I heard earliear.

The Democrats now have the ball - try not to fumble!
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
dragonshinobi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dragonshinobi »

[quote=""RascalJones""][quote=""IndyBrit""]God Bless Obama.

I don't agree with him on probably about anything, but he's my President and these are tough times. I hope he's one of those guys that grows to his historical challenges like Lincoln or Truman. [/quote]

Ditto

One thing for sure, it should be fun to listen to Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh today.[/quote]

yup :D
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""GeneralMichael""]Well it looks like the Democrats have control of the white house and most of congress. So they are pretty much in control of America especially since the several members of the supreme court are pretty old so Obama might get to put on new judges. Looks like we get to see how well the Democrats can run the government when they can't be stopped easily by the republicans.
Also during my Internation Relations class my class saw that in Bucks county PA we have more people here than there are in Alaska.[/quote]

Yeah, the control almost everything. Here's something I heard earliear.

The Democrats now have the ball - try not to fumble![/quote]

George Bush fumbled the ball for the Republicans now the Democrats have it. Though they better watch out for an interception too