You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

President Barack Obama

Post by KingKaramazov »

Discuss.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: President Barack Obama

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

on a global level, the best man won imho.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
dragonshinobi
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by dragonshinobi »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gg Mccain ;)

but prop 8 in CA is winning :(
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

Congrats USA.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Discuss????? I'm sick of the name.... I don't even live in the US and it's all I've heard about for pretty much the last 6 months. I'll be glad when it's all over!!!!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Two things.

1. Jimmy Carter just got his 2nd term
2. We get to do this all over again in 4 years and nothing changed
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

God Bless Obama.

I don't agree with him on probably about anything, but he's my President and these are tough times. I hope he's one of those guys that grows to his historical challenges like Lincoln or Truman. Not sure what my blessing counts for, since I'm agnostic. :P
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Well congrats Barrack and if Obama can do half the things he promised, the US will be a far better country for most of it's citizens.

But most of all I hope this is the end of Politics a la Bush/republicans. Politics based on on we vs them feelings. Politics based on fear of anything that is different. Politics dividing the people within the US and the countries of the world. The white religious conservative anglo america vs all the rest. That group, loosing it's dominance in the world and the in the US, rallied behind Bush and made the world a worse place in those 8 years. It's a shame how even John McCain was made to walk that line.

With the next election, I want to see a republican candidate that has a positive view on the world and how to change it according to republican values.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

[quote=""IndyBrit""]God Bless Obama.

I don't agree with him on probably about anything, but he's my President and these are tough times. I hope he's one of those guys that grows to his historical challenges like Lincoln or Truman. [/quote]

Ditto

One thing for sure, it should be fun to listen to Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh today.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Based on history he should do poorly. Most Presidents that come from the Senate do with very few exceptions. No offence to anyone, but I don't want to be just like Europe. This is America.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

[quote=""luukje""] The white religious conservative anglo america vs all the rest. [/quote]

Racism at its core.

I'm a little bit glad because one of two things are most likely to happen. The first, I hope that everything goes extremely well for the country. That would indeed be wonderful. The second, if he does not live up to the hype of hope, all the new young or newly participating voters might get a first hand experience of being let down by their politicians and recognize that government can't solve most of our problems.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
Heyco
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Heyco »

lol The whole world knows that now xD
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""luukje""]Well congrats Barrack and if Obama can do half the things he promised, the US will be a far better country for most of it's citizens.

But most of all I hope this is the end of Politics a la Bush/republicans. Politics based on on we vs them feelings. Politics based on fear of anything that is different. Politics dividing the people within the US and the countries of the world. The white religious conservative anglo america vs all the rest. That group, loosing it's dominance in the world and the in the US, rallied behind Bush and made the world a worse place in those 8 years. It's a shame how even John McCain was made to walk that line.

With the next election, I want to see a republican candidate that has a positive view on the world and how to change it according to republican values.[/quote]

Luukje,
Needs a new thread, but the Dems are competitive (in my opinion, far worse) on the we v. them politics and the fear of anything that is different (did you see the "if you don't vote, another church will burn" ads a few years back?). I think it's shameful that white people are blamed for all of the ills in the world. White people, like people of other races, have contributed some great things to this world as well.

Your post is about a positive view of the world, and in it you viciously bash whites and republicans. Do you not see that? Did you not see any of Obama's attack ads against McCain?

I tire of the one-sided claims to virtue of the Dems and their supporters.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I for one, am disappointed.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and he does wonders for our country. But I must admit, I did puke in my mouth a little bit, upon hearing the news late last night... :(
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

[quote=""cleeduz""] I must admit, I did puke in my mouth a little bit, upon hearing the news late last night... :([/quote]

What news? Are you pregnant? =p
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York