Otto spahi ff

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Otto spahi ff

Post by frenchfantom »

any1 got a way to beat the spahi ff? i mean when i play some1 who rly knows how to use it i lose. I won the last 1 because i caught him with my 12 cossacks when his spahis hadnt come yet but his falcs/abus/and hussars were out so i killed em all, after that spahis werent too much of a problem.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Fanpatch is your friend. If not on fanpatch, semi-ff for suvorov reforms should do.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

It's actually really hard if you're Russian. I'd say do some early harassment, then go to fort and send either manchu or highlanders.

But if he catches you around his base while you still have cruddy strelets and age 2 muskets, you're toast.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

suvorov... hm ok ill try that thanks.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

suvorov is the most awesome thing for russia on RE, other than being able to spam forts lategame
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]
But if he catches you around his base while you still have cruddy strelets and age 2 muskets, you're toast.[/quote]

so true
as soon as they hit age III, you got 40 sec (or 60 on fp) to get the hell out of their base
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

vs a spahi ff as russia , your best friend is either suvarov reform , a costly merc shipment ( both suvarov and mercs *can* be bad idea being as the ottoman will age alot faaster then russia w. an early trade post to help htat ff shipment spam kick in ) or my all time favorite the kalmuch ff!!

what u do is 700 gold as first colo card if u know without a doubt if the otto is ff'ing followed by 700 wood then church improvements card. the cool thing about this is that the remaining 300 wood is easy to collect while aging yourself and that as soon as you hit fort u can que the kalmuchs from church asap and they arrive much much quicker then a normal card would. kalmuch will chew spahi up as long as you hit and run with them
- Dan
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

This is a nice write up and in theory sounds rather straight forward, however, as Chaos stated earlier, the Ottos are simply 2 XP dependant for this 2 work flawlessly. The fact that u havent even got a TP, yet alone a church, will make u checking ur XP bar more often than ur eco in order 2 get that much needed shipment in. Dont 4get, if ur not fighting early on ur not getting any XP in and if ur not tapping it off a TP then ur BO, which is correct, will just take so much longer 2 b put into play.

Jim what are ur views on this m8? Uve been playen em 4 a while now

out
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

or you can abandon russia , play spain and do a quatrefuge ff , same card order as russian kalmuch ff

hahaha
- Dan
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Actually a no villager rush >>>>>>>>>>>> spahi FF.

As soon as he gets 700 coin you have your units there, and then he needs to gather enough food for age up and for spahis, pretty impossible with cossacks and musks and strelets around. ^^