Goals Thread

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Re: Goals Thread

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Drew, my Ports vs. you. They're my best civ.
Groovy.
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]My interpretation of lame is not specific strats. I would class "lame" as winning with no skill. This may sound a bit strange to you and it might be hard to explain but that is what I class as lame.

For example: 3v3 you attack and get pushed back, they wall up big time, you wall up a little while still trying to push but you can't get in their base and they sit back and mass cuirs and opri and then run riot through your base.
Ok, perhaps you should lose this anyway, but it is still lame.

There is no skill in this, no micro required, no management of any kind is needed. This is LAME. When something like this happens there really is not much you can do and it sucks![/quote]

Oh really? I seem to recall a 3v3 on texas where we were beaten back forced to wall up made it to age 4 stopped 3 attempts at a trade monopoly sneaked an FB in the back of the enemies base and lammed redcoats and opris in their bases. That was immense fun. Especially because the guys we beat were so damned ****.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Here's a goal ---> To stick to one civ for a month.

Can I do it? Today is 12 / 11 / 07
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Also, besides sticking to one civ (I've decided on India...wish me luck) for at least one month, my goal is to play an average of 1, ideally 2 rated games a day.

So by January 11th I hope to have played between 30-60 more rated games than I currently have.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Blackadderthe4th""][quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]My interpretation of lame is not specific strats. I would class "lame" as winning with no skill. This may sound a bit strange to you and it might be hard to explain but that is what I class as lame.

For example: 3v3 you attack and get pushed back, they wall up big time, you wall up a little while still trying to push but you can't get in their base and they sit back and mass cuirs and opri and then run riot through your base.
Ok, perhaps you should lose this anyway, but it is still lame.

There is no skill in this, no micro required, no management of any kind is needed. This is LAME. When something like this happens there really is not much you can do and it sucks![/quote]

Oh really? I seem to recall a 3v3 on texas where we were beaten back forced to wall up made it to age 4 stopped 3 attempts at a trade monopoly sneaked an FB in the back of the enemies base and lammed redcoats and opris in their bases. That was immense fun. Especially because the guys we beat were so damned ****.[/quote]

Yes, but what made it fun was the fact that they walled up heavily and started laming, we somehow managed to beat them though. This was one quite good comebackthough.
That WAS an awesome game though, we almost lost that several times.........
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

good luck KK
playing india will be hard... sticking to it even harder ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yes but sticking to one civ is something I've never been able to do, plus I figure that it's only a month, not forever. Heheh.

Also, there are people all over the top 1000 playing India, so it's not impossible. :D

And it's a fun civ anyways.

It'll be tough though.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Poor Macavity!! Now everyone is playing India just a few days ago he was one of the few dedicated India players.

I did the same thing before I switched to India, went and did a little ELO research to see if anyone was actually winning with them and top players are doing well.

HOWEVER I find almost no instances of 1v1 vs. China after december when a few of the Lamer strats become widely known. Top players tend to backburner India and play Dutch or Spain when faced with some of the lamer OP civs like Aztecs and China.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

aztecs op????
erm are you thinking of the same aztecs??!!
man it was funny I decided now to take brits in 1v1 and ports in team games

i played unrated vs a 2nd lt (me serg), and he was spain, me brits. He rushed at like 5.30ish with pikes/rods/dogs and i beat it back with musks, continued to make and send musks and he attacked again, and army+ tower + tc fire easily beat him back. In the mean time i was boooming upped another rax and started for lbows as he was going more xbows..anyway I went a battered his fb and was starting on his base when he resigned and called me a brit lamer?!?!?!?!?! wth brits in 1v1 are like up...so if anyone can justify this pleease tell me!!!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

LOL Zorp really thinks Aztec is OP after I beat him a few times with them. :-P
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

Man, by the time I got to this thread it morphed into many things, but not a goals thread.

Here are my AOE3 goals:

1.) Make this website the most organized and most informative website on the net. I think we are already there but standing on the shoulders of other websites (i.e. links).

2.) Increase clan membership so we have someone on all the time. Eventually get everyone on Team Speak / Yahoo / Skype, etc. for fun team games. Of course, quality members over quantity.

3.) Update my unit comparison sheet for TAD (long term).

4.) Rating? I do not care, most of my games are clan matches and unrated. I played 1 rated game in TAD and that was against a jerk who was rude in a plantation game (wanted 1 civ at 100 so I could have 11 at 100). He was a 1st Luit, I got 6 levels in that 1 game.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

How is everyone doing on their goals? Is a another Ney Years resolution soon forgotten? Or have we achieved them?
---Also my goal is to get to 2nd Lieutenant playing only India. I am currently at 18.5 (only .5 to go).
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Mac, you're gonna be an India lamer until you reach 2nd Lt? ;)
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Macavity
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Macavity »

Takes a lot of fortitude to play an UP civ and succeed at it. Just wait till the patch comes out to fix them!
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

my aim is 2nd lt, and i hope with my new rush ida i can achieve it, i have also hit my highest rank in twc AND tad today :)