Goals Thread

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Goals Thread

Post by 36drew »

I was thinking that it could be a pretty neat idea to create a goals thread for N3O. Perhaps even a spreadsheet of some kind. I know everyone has goals and that setting a target usually helps people achieve them (could be getting a 1700 1v1 cuetech or a 20 PR or 1st Lieut... etc).

It would be neat if everyone set a goal in the next couple of weeks and put it in the chart with a deadline. Then to see people achieving their goals and what went into it. And I know that the N3O clan would be great in helping others achieve their goals too -- the advice here is second to none.

What do you all think?
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Goals Thread

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

I think its a good idea. Like you said it would be a good way to see how everyone is getting on with the game. Also actually writing down your goals helps you focus more and help you get where you want.

My goals are to master one of the new TAD civs. I found my self hoping between civs in the last month or so of TWC and I think focusing on one civ will really help my game. To reach captain in under 100 games and to do so by playing mostly team games is also one of my goals
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Getting colonel and getting back to 2100 ELO in TAD. Lofty aspirations, but hey! Gotta shoot high. :)
Groovy.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I want to get to 1800 ELO in TAD, and I want to make Captain. All by playing 1v1 only, of course.

Once I reach that goal, I can start thinking about possibly going higher.

P.S. This is a good idea. We have a lot of players with potential, if we get to some goal setting and helping each other out I think a lot of the sergeants / lance corporals / master sergeants in the clan could be 2nd and 1st Lieutenants.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

I want to play team game and feel like I actually contribute something other than my units as sacrificial xp to the enemy.

Seriously, anytime I play with clan members in a team game, I feel like the "dead weight" that my teammates are constantly forced to carry.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I got to 1st Lt in AOE3 playing Ports. I'd like to be a 2nd Lt once my comp issues are taken care of.

My goal this week was to get my firewall issue squared away. Completed!

Great idea Drew!
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I like this idea. My goal would be to get over 1700 in team SP, and also to get some team strats orginised and practiced to a stage that I know exactly what I'm doing. I also want to master Japanese.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

I want to be a 1800 elo captain without laming. I was 1775 and almost captain with dutch in twc and the same with otto in vanilla (I choose otto as my first civ cause they ere easy when I was a noob, and ducth once twc got out, I was never laming on purpose).

But if I could reach that goal with ports, wouldnt that be something?

SO my first aim is to improve micro, thats where I am losing games to better players on.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

reaching captain sounds like a nice target (1v1)
now finding the time to achieve this is another story
the coming weeks are filled with family & friends visits, xmas and new year crap etc... Guess it will be for february, unless I get lucky!

so Drew, u started this, what are ur goals? PR50? ;)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

mmmm id like lt+ and shoot for elo 1700? gotta get un rusty first though lol
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Maybe captn and staying over 50% win percentage. Learning more micro habbits to the point that they are more second nature.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I'd like to get my overall cuetech up to 2000. I'm not sure what an appropriatte timeframe would be to achieve it though. One thing I need to do is a pick a civ and stick with it though.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Mines basically same as strokey's seen as i dont play much 1v1s anymore, i prefer team games, and i know that 1700 teamp sp elo is reachable for me as last night i think i got it up to 1630, may not b a lot to some people in this clan but damnit its an accomplishment to me :-P
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Well, so long as we're talking about goals, I recently reached 1800 while 'practicing' in TWC quicksearch.

While rising in rating in TWC is not that big of a deal these days, I've actually never been rated 1800 in any of the age games so far. So in a way that was a quasi-goal of mine that I achieved. :-P

Of course, being 1800 in this game, especially TWC, is a much different matter than being 1800 in AoM....but oh well, doesn't matter. ;)
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Napolean912
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Napolean912 »

My goal would be to get my rank back where it was in AOE3.. 1st Lt! Also, I want to steal Strokey goal to master the Japs!!

Good idea.