Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: What I would like to watch.

Post by lordandcount »

k, you have skype/msn?
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Not yet though I will get a head set for the computer soon. I'll try to get one by this weekend

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Both "parties" would literally set up their units in the agreed locations and on time. (Would be rude to show up 4 a battle l8. This is why Portugal never had real wars. We´d b l8 4 half of them. And thats not very gentleman like.)
That's why the civ is misconcepted, we didn't have real big wars because we nearly always went for an ''all in'' rush. Ports always sucked at booming :p
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

Generalmicheal, at what times (gmt) are you on
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""LaZy""]The whole NR thing makes me feel better about myself. It clearly shows that there are many people out there that have even more time 2 waste than I.

I dont play NR. The point in NR is......??????
From a historical POV, and Kaiser will surely correct me if Im wrong, most, memorable and often even decisive battles, where pretty much NR. Both "parties" would literally set up their units in the agreed locations and on time. (Would be rude to show up 4 a battle l8. This is why Portugal never had real wars. We´d b l8 4 half of them. And thats not very gentleman like.)
After having a very formal verbal confrontation with both "parties" sending in either messengers or representatives, or the big boys themselves occasionaly, and the "terms" and "conditions" would be politely set. Agreed upon or not.

So, I believe the whole NR and HM thing 2 b a waste of time but very realistic. Just wanted 2 make sure we´re all on the same turf on this. Thank u 4 ur time and have a great day.

out

PS Al Queida should do a little NR next time round. This whole guerrila tactics is 2 OP. I guess we can call old bearded Bin a LAMER. Raiding vills with petards is simply sad and should be nerfed in the next patch.[/quote]

LOL good post, Lazy. In the 18th Century, for sure, commanders used to "parlay" before and during battles to negotiate where and when the fighting would start. So I suppose that is at least partially reflected in NR. But NR is more like a "turn-based" wargame rather than a real-time one. Everyone masses all their forces just right, then fights the battle. In RTS, it's a frantic hunt for exposed villagers from the get-go, which puts it on a different footing altogether.

I used to play early RTS games where it was just fights, with no econ (ie, Close Combat back in the 90s). That explains why I do better in battles than in defending the women and children, chopping wood and filling my settler wagons with fresh deer steaks :-P But I think I'm getting better in the econ regard, thanks to all the clan games ;)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

[quote=""lordandcount""]Generalmicheal, at what times (gmt) are you on[/quote]

I believe i am in the -5 gmt time zone I live on the east coast of America and i think almost all of that is -5 gmt. Though thanks to the snow lazy this week I the earliest I could do the game would be saturday morning or sunday afternoon since now my last waterpolo game is pushed to thursday night and so i had to switch hours with somebody so I work till 10:45 friday night. Then I work again saturday night.

Ohh and lazy for me the historial aspect I like to think of for nr is that It would be like 2 colonies are set up then one of the countries decides it wants more land so it attacks the other so then they are competing for survival. The nr part is like a fast forward version of when the colonies are seting up. An example of this could be like britain set up colonies down to around georgia I believe and spain set up as far north as florida(i'm referring to the east cost portion I know spain had control of california and all that). So lets say maybe spain wanted to go farther north or britain wanted to go farther south. Well since the colonies are already set up now spain has to have it's colony attack one of britains and the britains can attack back. And there you have the part of the game once the treaty ends

GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by GeneralMichael »

Well lord and me finally got a match in. It was he was france and I was spain and we played against france and germany. I think I should have been portugal. we might have won then
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheSandwich
Conscript
Conscript

Post by TheSandwich »

Thanks a lot guys...i gained a ton of tips.

I really appreciate it.

Thanks again.
TheSandwich
Conscript
Conscript

Post by TheSandwich »

I watched it once, then i tried again and it said "the record game is invalid." Any ideas on why it didnt work?