Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

N3O League - DJDan Vs Strokeyblofeld

Post by djdan »

Well the time had finally arrived where I had to face one of my main British rivals and was bound to be one of the toughest match-ups I had faced in the league, with Stokey playing Brits since year dot! lol

Game 1

Strokey - British
Vs
DJDan - Dutch

Map - Carolina

Winner - DJDan

Well I decided to opt for the strat I used against Indybrit which was go quite defensive and get my banks up asap, I also opted for a strokey style play in carefully placing where I put my buildingsto cover my rax and tac whilst providing a defensive position for my skirms, Strokey kindly killed off a couple of treasure guardians for me so I could collect it, it was very considerate of him. He harrassed me with the muskets early sending 6 muskets as his 2nd card i managed to fend these off with my 4 skirms and then managed to spam skirms against his muskets and pikes against his cav, and it was pretty much gg after that.

After watching the rec, I could probably conclude thats you've played better games Jim, you didnt look on top form, maybe from recent illness, maybe from the new strat you were trying but I saw the tc was idle for quite some time at parts and then 4 vills after collecting crates were idle, and maybe couldve mixed in longbows as you had a lot of excess food, and a lot of wood at one point, but I dunno I'm not a Brit player so not sure how good longbows actually are vs skirms.

Game 2

Strokeyblofeld - British
Vs
DJDan - Ottomans

Map - Yukon

Winner - DJDan

Well this was the game Jim was least looking forward to, as I've managed to upset a lot of people with my otto strat, but this game was the more epic of the 2 lots of little skirmishes and a couple of big battles in the game. I managed to kill off his explorer early which was good as he was unable to scout my building placement, also this meant I was able to collect most of the treasures in the top region without being disturbed or looking over my shoulder in case Jim was there to steal some, and I managed to bag a scout which helped a lot. An early scout of Jim's base falsely led me into thinking he was booming with his house placement. I manage, after a few attempts to take down Jim's fb and push him back into his base and manage to put his vills on mills early which proved to be advantageous for me, anyway I go for a silly all out assault on his base and next thing i realise I have no units lefts so pulled what I had left out and began to remass, I age send the all powerful mam shipment which really turned the game in my favour as I managed to take out the longbows and falcs with them and then after a couple of battles, Jim realises its gg from there!

The second one is definately more worth a watch imo

GG's buddy and gl with the rest of the league!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: N3O League - DJDan Vs Strokeyblofeld

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

carolina:
lol @ the simultanious crackshots, poor black beer, it never had a chance ;)

strokey, why going musks vs dutch? longbows are the way to go (with some pikes)
Dan, as dutch you must pay more attention to your hunt, you had 2 big hunts that could have been herded behind your TC
excellent micro with your pikes/skirms, you won the game right there in that first battle.
Maybe add 3 hussars and 8 pikes to your deck, they help a lot

Yukon:
Starting with 40 & 125 wood treasures next to TC = blessing for otto :)
Dan, try using military waypoints, so you don't have idle units sitting at your rax
dont forget the villy cap upgrade in the mosk when u reach 25 vils
excellent use of the 3 hussar card

gg
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]carolina:
lol @ the simultanious crackshots, poor black beer, it never had a chance ;)[/quote]

I know I thought it was me that crackshotted it until the blue +10 same up lol then i thought id stay out of his LOS lol

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Maybe add 3 hussars and 8 pikes to your deck, they help a lot[/quote]

Yeah I added the 8 pike card to my deck right after the game, ill consider the 3 hussar one maybe instead of the 600food/wood card

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Starting with 40 & 125 wood treasures next to TC = blessing for otto :)[/quote]

Yeah this certainly made up for not having the extra 100 wood crate at the start

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]Dan, try using military waypoints, so you don't have idle units sitting at your rax
dont forget the villy cap upgrade in the mosk when u reach 25 vils[/quote]

Yeah this was just poor memory skills again, forgetting the waypoint and mosque, I think I built them mosque then waited forever to actually research the upgrade lol.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I know chaos, he aged earlier than I expected and I didn't expect to find any units in his base. Then I thought after that about changing to hussar and just got in a mess. I played pretty bad in that game tbh, thinking too much about my new strat idea.