Haven't played in forever, a question...

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Haven't played in forever, a question...

Post by RascalJones »

...no, not about jumping back in and playing regularly (although that would be fun, I have other commitments that keep me from playing a bunch).

My question is. What % of games include at least one player using Japan? It looks like they're EVERYWHERE in the stats pages.

Seems like that would really suck some of the enjoyment out of the game, if every other game you were playing against Japan. I remember when Germany was strong in Vanilla, before the big War Wagon nerf, but every game seemed to have at least one player that just FF'ed and spammed WW's. VERY sleep inducing. And, to a lesser extent, Iroqouois early on before Forest Prowlers got nerfed....or FF in general got nerfed.

I don't know how anyone can get excited to log into ESO, fire up Quicksearch, and just "know" your opponent is going to be Japan (or India?). Yes, I know clan games make a big difference, as it's all in fun...but to play 1v1 over and over against the same civ...

Like I said, I haven't played in a long time, and maybe I don't know anything (which is likely, just ask my wife - or kids), and I hope no one gets offended by this. I DO want to play again, but things are so hectic, I know that I'll never be able to devote the time to "getting better". (Although, I do think I need to practice some, a buddy of mine and I have a traditional Thanksgiving Throwdown on the Plymouth map).
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Re: Haven't played in forever, a question...

Post by djdan »

Ermm well I dont QS so I wouldnt know in there but many of the games I play from Game Broser actually not that many have been Japan, I think in my last 10 RATED games 2 people have been Japan, and I've played 1v1 2v2 and 3v3 so its not that many.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I'm in a similar circumstance, not enough time to play and do play QS every so often.

Actually, I don't run into that many Japan or India players, maybe I'm just lucky.

Also, I have noticed that in TAD using QS, it takes 3x longer to get a game compared to 'nilla. I have been getting away from QS lately as I have had better luck finding games in the browser. :D
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]I'm in a similar circumstance, not enough time to play and do play QS every so often.

Actually, I don't run into that many Japan or India players, maybe I'm just lucky.

Also, I have noticed that in TAD using QS, it takes 3x longer to get a game compared to 'nilla. I have been getting away from QS lately as I have had better luck finding games in the browser. :D[/quote]

I've had similar experience. If there's no clan games (1st priority), comp stomp game, then I go for the 3v3 rand lt + games..

Rarely do you see people wanting to lame at this point. Most of those people cannot get a game because of inflated rank, or that's the only civs they know how to play and people just won't play against them.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I long ago stopped playing TAD QS. I think once you get past 2d Lt or so, most QS will be India and Japan, at least it was when I stopped several months ago. Even in team games there will always be some Jappos in there. In truth, I still play some QS in vanilla, but there I find the civs more balanced and it's relatively easy to find a match. You will get a bigger diversity over there.

N30 rocks because you can essentially count on "No Japan, No India" in our massive clan matches! You gotta love that.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You need a killer strat to go on qs otherwise you don't play, you're played.
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

At my level ( pr 24) i find about 1 out of 5 games i s vs japan in QS... other than that it is pretty even i QS.
lordandcount
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by lordandcount »

At my level (pr 25) I find 1 out 5 games not playing vs japan or india, but I could also have just some bad luck :)
NEO_CrAz3n wrote: L&C is sorta the N3O police.
I'm the most annoying officer
Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Highlander999 »

That is quite strange. I used to never get India (I'm a Captain) I used to get Japan about 25% of the time, but I used to always seem to get Brits or Germany
danno527
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by danno527 »

i would say india is rarer in qs cause it is a more difficult civ to play. i play vs brits more than india i would think.