PayPal Donations

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Re: PayPal Donations

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]Status (I'll check it later) is we are currently around $25 in credit (I think). We were at around £190 and paid out for another 3 years hosting in November when our first year was up. We don't really require any funding for the time being, but obviously if we find ourselves with $$$ in the account then we can do something with it.
Perhaps if we did have an excess in the account we could host a dedicated VOD site or something? There seems to be a lot around recently......[/quote]

Jim, are you referring to something simiar to File Front?

I still have plenty of space on my FTP site for hosting files, you couldn't stream them from there, but hosting files isn't an issue. There is plenty of space and it's free. Just a thought...

If there is any interest I can provide the log-in info. :D
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]
Perhaps if we did have an excess in the account we could host a dedicated VOD site or something? There seems to be a lot around recently......[/quote]

For this u can use this site because u have 750 GB webspace and 7500GB/month transfer free. Should be more than enough i think.
Or is hosting videos against rules of siteground?
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

It's not against the host rules. And yes, I ws talking about streaming VOD's. Are you talking about a sub-domain coma? Would this affect our main site at all speed-wise?
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Subdomain or creating a module

I think we will be more handicapped by the other sites on the server than we will be by a few vods ready for downloading.
The webserver seems to be still under heavy load.

and streaming of wmv is also easy. If u tell the browser to open the video he will open the player and the stream begins, at least it was so when i tried it the last time
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

This is intersting because it would open up the possibility of a much higher quality VOD. Instead of having to keep the file size small and reduce the quality, you could have a larger file size with better quality as it would be stored on the server.
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Ok, I checked our account, and the balance is a little higher than I thought (also due to donations since last checked).

Current balance: $48.91 (£31.39).
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Comadevil »

Well i will try speed of the server because downloads seem to be slow. When i download a rec here i have average 40kb/s