jap rush vs port

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

jap rush vs port

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

Man I hate jap lamers. No respect, especially since it looks like this game is done being patched. I take particular pleasure in stompin' these lamers, which isn't easy to do, with little ol' ports, and i did enjoy this one, fairly short game. He was really pissed, cryin' and whinin', even though he pulled his strat off smoothly, Ca3sar stomped him... heehe ;) long live AOE, and N3O.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: jap rush vs port

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Sounds awesome, Caesar! I will definitely enjoy watching another Jappo lose to a "UP civ." :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

GG Caesar. You really took map control away from him and own his ashis. I think you could have killed his HI even faster with your cassas by splitting them up and attack-moving with them; I noticed you just used focus-fire.

This was a solid win. It's great to see good Port recs. Might I ask why you did not take the sea? Were you concentrated on stopping his attack? Fishbooming takes time and resources, and a rush prevents you from enjoying either.

joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]GG Caesar. You really took map control away from him and own his ashis. I think you could have killed his HI even faster with your cassas by splitting them up and attack-moving with them; I noticed you just used focus-fire.

This was a solid win. It's great to see good Port recs. Might I ask why you did not take the sea? Were you concentrated on stopping his attack? Fishbooming takes time and resources, and a rush prevents you from enjoying either.[/quote]

Attack move with range guys ?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

attack move is OP with any unit that has a high attack, not just cav.
Ashis and abus guns rox with da move
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

hey kaiser, i learned alot from this game. this is an old strat of mine that has arisen again with changes. i used to ff with ports everytime, all my game play was based on that, but as my game play improved i found stronger ways to get to fortress and in turn a more consistant and actually faster industrial time. 62% of my games go to industrial, my whole approach to ports is getting to industrial, usually an age up from my oppenent. anyways, no matter how i cut this new macro approach to ports, i can't seem to get a hold on japan (also india, but i haven't even tried to tackle them yet, i just don't play them). my point being is that i don't believe that ports can compete with japs in the second, and as this game shows japs can come real quick, and strong. so staying in second and trying to water boom is just not the awnser for me. japs are just to strong economically and militarly. You gotta get ahead of them. Thoughs 4.5 speed ashi tanks are really only countered effecently with my 4.5 speed cassador's. After that i gotta worry about him building horses which is why i choose my 9 muskets. when i pushed his forward base with cassadors to lay ground for my fort i shoulda pushed him back further and layed that fort even closer but i was scared. My micro is pretty good but i still need work when it comes to spliting control groups up and being able to hit attack move each time, and at that moment i was more than anything trying to make sure my pack was inbetween his ashi's and that fort, while still walking away from his ashi's. i needed that fort to get up, for me it was the whole game at that point. i knew i had him if that fort got up, and he was stuck in second. Anyway's with this strat their is a point where i have to become really aggressive and push him so he can't build up, this is new for me with ports, so i'm learning how to really pressure so as to keep him in second and or at least slow him up while i get map and much needed food resources.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]attack move is OP with any unit that has a high attack, not just cav.
Ashis and abus guns rox with da move[/quote]

I can vouch for that :D :twisted:
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Nice discussion, Caesar. I can see why you wouldn't want to stay in Age 2 against Japan, even with a maxed-out fish econ; Port units are just ineffective in Age 2 against what Japan can mass.

Cassas are really awesome. After uhlans, skirms are my favorite AOE unit, and cassas are basically better skirms. They have more speed, way morre ranged resistance and pack a great attack. As long as they have protection from cav, they are just great. Do you ever use 5+4 shipped dragoons to protect them instead of 9 muskets?

I also noticed you didn't have 2 organ guns in your deck. Any reason for that?

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Abus guns overkill with attack move :(
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

kaiser ::/ yes i am enjoying discussing my thoughts with you, thank you bud. well let me say that this game was one of the first attempts with this strat and every game since i have learned more and improved upon it i think. i think my last ten games, at least, and hopefully my next ten games ;) (enjoying this), have been against japs. To start off with i'll tackle your question about goons (to protect cassador's) which will lead me to your second question about organ guns. japs will either come hard with yumi's or ashi's, as you know, and goons don't fair to well against either of them. so my choices are either 5 goons or 9 muskets. muskets, if i can upgrade quick enough, which i do now, fair ok against early ashi's but still get smoked by yumi's (but i got mams coming to deal with them), but i find i can keep these 9 muskets alive and backed up support wise better than i can if i go goons, which cost alot. Yumi's are powerful but they don't have crap for seige so if a jap goes mostly yumi, and forward basses like that, it can be a real pain to try and siege his buildings, so in a funny way i use organs as a seige weapon mainly now, which their still not the best at, and to focus on any ashi's. i believe you control a japs ashi's and you got ground control, you put him into his defencive stance. then boom like hell, and keep the pressure on. that's where i'm at for at least this moment in the thought process. it will probably change though in the next 10 mins, cause i'm goin jap huntin'. you at work?
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Abus guns overkill with attack move :([/quote]

Not if you cant get yourself parallel wit their army, then it can be a massacre, i tend to do a volley of attack move then manually drag delect the units to attack, I use my common sense to see that 2 abus 1 hit kill strels or russ musks, 3 abus 1 hit kill mace, 4 1 hit kill ashi i think etc, and i use it that way.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

it's true they overkill, but still a lot more efficient than most of us can micro

what i do is: use attack move, and select a few for extra micro (usually those in the back)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No, thankfully I'm not at an office these days. I am just writing from home, which is great.

That makes sense about muskets v. goons. It's all about the price. Muskets definitely give you more anticav for your dollar.

Also: I don't think you sent CM in this game and didn't wall off. Do you only do that if the situation warrants? This Jappo was a little slow in beginning his attack, so there was definitely time to go FF without much worry.

Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Japanese rush vs port

Post by Immortal_Warrior »

ahhh!!!! so want 2 watch this! but like all the other ones it says: A error occured while processing this page.
Please report the following error to the owner of this website.

General Error
The selected Attachment does not exist anymore

404 File Not Found: The File admin/port_whoppin_an_aggressive_jap_lamer.age3yrec does not exist.

[ Home ] [ Go Back ]

do u think u could email them?
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Japanese rush vs port

Post by Comadevil »

The broken downloads are fixed.
And for next time: Inform the admins and please don't post such errors in every thread, when they occur ;)