treaty style

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

mrsniffler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

treaty style

Post by mrsniffler »

For all those treaty players out there how do u play?
i personally have things i do in all my games :)

1. i keep buildings VERY compact i dont waste any room
2. take advantage of all possible wall space
3.pump army after getting spies ( if i do ) so enemies spies is exxpensive
4.triple tc ASAP as soon as i hit age 3
5.almost NEVER have villy cards. Every single card counts ( imo )
6.get church exp upgrade for 1500coin ( for factories ect.)( age 3 or 4)
7.Main goal get into enemy walls
8. secondary help ally if needed
9.get all possible upgrades from market ASAP
10. target weakspots
11. Half my attks are distractions to diverte the enemy from my real goal

tell me what u guys think love to see ur input :D
been kicked from clan
mrsniffles out
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Re: treaty style

Post by GeneralMichael »

For me i am similar strategy for treaty.
1.Keep things close and all my mills and plantations either next to my starting tc or next to something that is next to my starting tc
2.When there is 20 min left i start to build the walls and have a minimum of 3 walls. i try to build more if i can.
3.I try to get spies before there is 10 min left (unless i am india, or france). if I can't then i will wait till after the treaty,when i have atleast 3000 gold more than needed, then i try to upgrade all units to imperial that i might use.
4.I rush to age 3 then build 3 town centers asap
5.All my cards either increase my gather rates or makie my units stronger
6.Get the church upgrade at age 4 or in age 5 after i have built a capital and have researched all the eco upgrades.
7. Try to get into enemies walls as i am building a fb and making more walls at around half map and even farther up so the enemy has a hard time trying to raid
8. Help ally if he needs it
9.Get all wood upgrades from market and the vil hp upgrade.
10. Look for weak spots example if he has 2 walls connecting hit where they connect since when attacking buildings your units have area attack on buildings so if i am attacking a wall i attack that tiny little part of the wall so i get the 2 big sections to come down with the tiny part
11. Depending on the civ i am attack one side as i build a fb on the other side and build up a secret army there to rush as the enemy has his units on the other side of his base. Though for certain civs like spain and portugal i can usually shove then enemy back easily with a head on attack(especially with spain got to love how you can get 10 missionaries to boost nearby units attack by 63% and increase mortares rate of fire).
12. If enemy is an asian civ take down wonders since they can not be rebuilt. Especially japans shogunate.
13. If fighting japan kill daiyamos and shoguns since they can make units faster than military buildings and boost nearby units

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: treaty style

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I don't really play 40nr any more. I am not very good at building walls, and 40nr is all about walls...LOTS of them. Plus I usually don't have time for 40nr games; they tend to last, uh, quite a while :-P

But I do play 20nr and 10nr. My strategies are similar to yours, without the walls, of course. With Germans in 20nr, I go to Age 3 ASAP and build 3 TCs. Villie distribution is essential here to get it done in time, because the clock is ticking. I send land grab and Germantown Farmers and put up 3 mills after my TCs are up, keep 30 vils on food, then switch over to massive wood-gather for all my housing and military buildings. Meanwhile I will have about 11-13 SWs on coin for a constant coin flow supported by market upgrades. I am in Age IV by 16 min at the latest, then I get a doppel/horse or heavy artillery/uhlan or skirm/culv/uhlan army together for my push. First thing in Age IV I buy mercantilism to get both factories and another Age IV card (usually uhlan or doppel boosts). Church upgrades for infantry and cav training are handy, too, especially for doppels, which train slowly.

As Brits in 20nr, I do not go to Age 3 right away. I send Va. company for a very fast manor boom up to about 42 vils, then I switch to food/coin gathering. I have enough wood for 3 TCs, then I go up to Age IV by about 15 min. My Brit army depends on food, so land grab gives me 4-5 mills by the end of treaty, with both upgrades. My army usually consists of 50-60 redcoats, 8 Highlanders from advanced church plus 5 shipped rockets and about 10 hussars. Mercantilism is a must as soon as you hit Age IV for both factories.

In 10nr with Germans, I have two options: (1) Merc FF; or (2) FI. If I expect a revolt, I go FI; it really works. Merc FF is good when I expect a battle with big colonial armies. Jaegers, veteran uhlans and landsknechts, with good micro, can pwn anyone. Plus the Age 3 shipments are really OP and can reinforce you fast.

I have't done much 10nr with the Brits yet, but I have been experimenting with a straight-up dual rax musket spam with manor boom to save food for military. By treaty end I have about 40 vils and 40 card-upgraded muskets. We'll have to see if it's worth developing further!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)