You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: FAV movie!! :D

Post by RascalJones »

Army of Darkness is "really old"?

It came out in 1992!!!!!! That's only 16 years ago!!!
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]American Psycho is an oft-misunderstood classic. I absolutely love it. I think it is actually extremely funny, though it doesn't appear so at first glance. It is about how ridiculous it can be to blindly chase success... and the "insanity" it can lead to.

I love the scene where they compare business cards in the conference room. It is one of my all-time favorites. A lot of my satirical writing is similar to that.[/quote]

Is that the one with Cristian Bale?
If so yes that was a rather entertaining film.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Considering I was one year old when it came, I think it's rather old :p
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]

Considering I was one year old when it came, I think it's rather old :p[/quote]

Meh, I was in 9th grade in 1992 8O
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

It's all a matter of PERSONAL likes so there's no wrong or right.

I listed movies that aren't the best movies but are some of my favorites.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Some of my all-time favoriite "bad" movies....

1 - Iron Eagle A Top Gun wannabe, I love it for the cheesiness and the great 80's rock n roll sound track
2 - Cliffhanger - LOVE this movie, it's SO bad, but I can't turn it off whenever it's on. John Lithgow is so over the top as the bad guy.
3 - Armageddon - another "classic" that I can't turn off if it's on.

With October and Halloween approaching, I have to mention one of my favorite old classics. "The Raven". It has Vincent Price, Boris Karloff, Peter Lorre, and a VERY young Jack Nicholson. It's a horror-comedy. Great stuff. I love old Vincent Price movies.

Speaking of Vincent Price, if you liked "I Am Legend", check out "The Last Man On Earth". Same story, but with Vincent Price in the lead role. Great movie.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

at the moment?

lmao
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

The big lebowski is such a clasic! awsome dude
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Right. I had 2 get out of my chair and head 2wards my DVD collection 2 update my contribution 2wards this thread.

HOW THE HECK did I not mention the movie SE7EN ????????? (filme noir ftw)

HOW THE HECK did I 4get Goodfellas?????????

damn I feel bad about that.

more classicals I have: Papilon ( not quite in the top 100 but still a must c), Untouchables, Dances with Wolves (still makes me cry everytime i c it), DUNE (not much more 2 say about that 1), Platoon ( go Oliver go).

right thats it. Ahhhh hang on. One more thing. I have a very serious opinion about movies in general. I also dislike most european cinema. I truly hate Portuguese movies. But!!!! There is 1 guy from Bosnia that totaly rox. His name is Emir Kusturica. This guy is genius. Defies modern thinking. Truly amazing. His best work is called Black Cat White Cat.

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/173456/ ... t/overview for the review

Pls pls pls search it on youtube, many diferent parts 2 b found. If u have a "proper" video store with a "decent" sized european collection pls rent this movie. It is simply the best the 7th art can give us.

Thank you for reading this

Have a great day

out
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^Seven was a pretty good movie.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Seven was pretty good. Not phenomenal, but pretty good. I wasn't really satisfied with the ending.

But most movies with Kevin Spacey in them are really good. He's one of my favorite actors, up there with John Cusack and Edward Norton.

I know movies like the Goodfellas and The Godfather and Scarface are technically good cinema, but mob / gangster movies tend to bore me for some reason.

Speaking of movies with Kevin Spacey, how about American Beauty? Great movie.

Oh...and I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Office Space yet. Easily one of the funniest movies ever.

And speaking of really funny movies, how about Monty Python's The Meaning of Life? I think it's funnier than both The Holy Grail and Life of Brian.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Monty Python movies are top class, I think I like 'Life of Brian' the most, but all are great.

Talking bout funny movies: AUSTIN POWERS - Yeah baby !
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

I tell you what, I was watching I Am Legend again last night 2nd time i ever watched it, and the part with the dog, tore me up, just as much as when I did it the first time, being a dog owner myself, Will Smith really portrays that part of the film incredibly, such love and devotion for the animal and you get a sense that the dog is his only companion and without Sam, the character would not have lasted the 1003/4 days or however long he lived, it just really hit home

And anyone that says I Am Legend is a bad movie, that Will Smith can't act etc, most probably doesnt/hasnt owned a dog, and put themself in his character's position, which I'm fairly sure that everyone who has seen the film, will have pictured themselves as the last man etc.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Seven was pretty good. Not phenomenal, but pretty good. I wasn't really satisfied with the ending.

But most movies with Kevin Spacey in them are really good. He's one of my favorite actors, up there with John Cusack and Edward Norton.

I know movies like the Goodfellas and The Godfather and Scarface are technically good cinema, but mob / gangster movies tend to bore me for some reason.

Oh...and I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Office Space yet. Easily one of the funniest movies ever.

And speaking of really funny movies, how about Monty Python's The Meaning of Life? I think it's funnier than both The Holy Grail and Life of Brian.[/quote]

Yes! Monty Python rules...sheer brilliance. At the time, critics were put off by Meaning of Life's dark, pessimistic tone, but that's the reason I like it! Humor can be just as funny if it reveals sad stuff about the world. And the "Every Sperm is Sacred" musical number makes me ROFL every time I see it. Also, the part where the accountants turn into pirates and "sail upon the wide accountant-sea" is hilarious. File cabinets as cannon FTW! :-P
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Seven was pretty good. Not phenomenal, but pretty good. I wasn't really satisfied with the ending.

And speaking of really funny movies, how about Monty Python's The Meaning of Life? I think it's funnier than both The Holy Grail and Life of Brian.[/quote]

office space is one hell of a funny movie, i watched it on Sky a few weeks back, another one is grandmas boy. anyone seen it?
"anyone can get past a attack dog, but who messes with the king of the F***ing jungle"