Lieutenant

Biggest injury!!

Post by mrsniffler »

ill name a timeline of my life injuries xD

4 years old- chizel stabbed my foot ( got stitches

age 5-7( not sure) - smash head on table got stitches

age 5-7 - smash head on a lock xD

age 13- break right legg( stepped in ditch ) got cast for 7 fcking weeks

age 13( later taht year)- twist left legg very badly got cast ( ditch AGAIN ) cast for 2 weeks

age 14+ - who knows thats gona come next? xD
been kicked from clan
mrsniffles out
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Biggest injury!!

Post by Soccerman771 »

5 years old - got thrown off my dad's back trying to play "horsie" when he didn't want to and had been warned several times. Broke my collar bone.

6 years old - had my head stuck in a ceiling fan while it was moving. Got a nice little trip to the emergency room and knot on my head about 1/2 inch thick the size of a 1/2 dollar.

9-10ish - was playing "baseball" by myself in the backyard when I hit a tree with the wooden bat and it backfired and I hit myself in the head. ^^ same size knot on my head.

When I was 20, I got a bunch of massive chest pains over a couple of days. Went to the emergency room and they said it was pericarditis. Cardiologist wanted to make sure that it didn't do any damage so I had an angiogram done. Not fun.

Largest injury of all. 26 years - wife got pregnant. 9 months of severe trauma.

(one could argue that the head injuries caused some long-term damage, as evidenced by some of my game-play)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Aravinthan »

10- knee injury(hockey)
12- wrist injury(hockey)
14- again the same knee injury(hockey)
14-(2 months later) Was on a breakway,deked the goalie so badly taped the puck in and I went flying on the metal post and then smashed on the boards. My right arm and my left knee.....
16- During my BB midget hockey camp, well...... left arm then during CC practice(i have been cut cuz of my injury) my right wrist......
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazy »

I've never broken any bones, knock on wood. But I've had my fair share of gashes, random slices from work and home, pretty bad sprains and such. The one i can remember vividly is when i was younger. I walked in front of a wooden swing when my cousin was on it. As you can guess, there was a little lag and i couldn't micro out of the way. I what was a wooden plank with weight and speed, straight to the face, left me looking like a bloody mess, huge cut straight down the middle of my face, black eye, bleeding lips, cuts. Nobody shipped surgeons, so it took awhile to heal, and I came out of it with no scars er nothing
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Well where to start, I dont remember ages but lookijng at my scars ill type them as i see them.

right Calf, shot in the leg with a homemade bow and arrow, by my brother.
left hand on the index finger(adjacent to the thumb nail) randomly stuck a piece of glass in my hand still got a massive scar, wontever go.
left knee, chunk of flesh cut out, playing pile up on flagstones, in primary school.
Fractured right wrist trying to jump over railings at school, my mum didnt believe me and made me play badminton the very next day lol, i loved the sport, but not with a fractured wrist took a week to convice her to take me to the hospital boy did she feel guilty after the x ray lol.
cut my head open, at college, friend slammed door on head, still unsure why lol, was about 1.5-2 inches big so not huge, but big enough, I'll always remember walking through the college(i had to walk from one side to the other to get to the medical dept) which isnt good with blood spurting out everywhere with nothing but a bit of wett tissue to try and cover it, even then they didnt get ambulance, had to get a friend that lived local to take me to A&E lol, my main worrywasnt the cut on my phone, my phone wasnt working lol, that was my main worry, trying to get that to work again.
ermm then in the last year, minor hockey injuries, the biggest bruises, swolen cheek, that lasted a good few weeks everyone thought i got in a fight lol that was fun lol the amount of stories i made out of it haha
another one the guy hit the ball it hit my foot could put my shoe on for a week! looked like i had 2 ankles on the outside of my foot, that was so fun, trying to drive home after that game lol.

As you can see each injury comes with a story lol thats what makes injuries worthwhile, the stories you get out of them!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Nothing major has happened to me yet (only a matter of time before I'm knocked off my bike mind), but reading through these threads random injuries spring to mind.

Got a a fair few scars from climbing fences and getting caught on barbed wire.
Stuck a compass through my thumb one science lesson.
Burnt my hand on a bunsen burner another lessen which left a scare a long my finger.
Got a jab for something or other on my arm and my friend helpfully thumped me on on it causing the protective seal that formed there to burst, bleeding profusely and leaving a huge round scar.
Football to the groin when I was 13. It was blasted close range and I was down for about 30mins.
Got a rugby ball to the groin when I was 15. The guy was fumbling the kick so I managed to close the gap before he got the kick away and he ended up kicking it right into me but I managed to catch it and charge past him and scored a try before collapsing.
I've been lucky so far. I remember trying to stand on my bike whilst going down a steep hill that went disastrously wrong and walked away with barely a bruise. Now I think about it I'm not sure how I didn't break my neck doing that or at least end up in the pond at the bottom of the hill...
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

Age 9/10 - Fell and busted my 2 front teeth out.
Age 20 - ran my hand into a masonry saw at work, lucky I didn't lose my finger, only "grinded" the skin off. The scar is about 1.5 inches long, and 1/4 inch wide. It was too big to be stitched up. Had to let it heal on its own.

Several other cuts on my left hand, and 2 years ago I had a cyst removed from my lower back....not really an "Injury", but required surgery, and I've got a gigantic scar in the place where many women get the infamous "tramp stamp" tattoo.
mrsniffler
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by mrsniffler »

whoa u guys respond fast :D

love to know i can count on u guys to post stuff :)
been kicked from clan
mrsniffles out
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

Never broken a bone before.. just lots of stitches from my childhood stupidity.. (Playing SuperMan and hitting the coffee table and etc..)
Roger_The_Rogue
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Roger_The_Rogue »

I has so many injuries as I was involved in many sports. :D Well, my biggest injury is clearly the shoulder one that put end to my rugby playing days. :( I was tackled in air at the kick off and landed on it. It is still broken but is now healing bit slowly.
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Leg is spelt with 1 "g"
I am invulnerable.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Before listing my injuries (I will include serious illnesses, too) I must observe that everyone's posts remind me of Hamlet's lament about "The Thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to." Just by living, we are exposed to millions of physical risks. It is really scary if you think about it.

Age 5 : Rode a bike off a small cliff. Luckily did not break any bones, but got own up pretty well and very shaken. I think some bushes and underbrush broke my fall.

Age 6 : Jumped off a jungle gym and landed on my elbow, fracturing it. I needed a sling for about 2 weeks, as I recall.

Age 20 : Came down with mono and was laid up in bed for about 3 weeks. Drank lots of fluids and eventually developed immunity to the virus.

Age 25 : Came down with a liver disease that made my skin turn yellow for about 2 weeks. Slept it off; and stayed away from spirits. :-P

Age 27 : Developed a condition called "labyrinthitis" that damaged my inner ear. For a few weeks, I lost hearing in one ear and my balance was completely off. Even now it's not completely better. But it's testament to the human body's resiliency that I have almost totally compensated for it and I can do everything I used to do without trouble.

Since then, I have largely steered clear of both accident and illness. Knock on wood it stays that way! I did not include the dozens of little sprains and pulls I've suffered while working out for the past 10 years :)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I lost track on # of phisical injuries :s

Worst was probably a complete blackout for several hrs, after drinking way too much.

DO NOT ABUSE ALCOHOL !! <-- no joke
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

age 5 - dislocated 2 fingers
12- broke arm playfighting
15- broke collarbone and dislocated my shoulder, falling off my bike. as well as recieving serious head trauma (btw i can remember the incident lol)
16- got jumped and suffered a cracked skull, broken jaw and was in hospital for a week.

and then nothing for over a year lol but atm im fine apart from a few jaw complications.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

ohh and its not really an injury but scared the absolute sh** out of me,
while on safari in south africa we went for a walk accompanied by rangers ofc but a lioness approached and grabbed hold of my leg, with its claws digging into my calf i was absolutely petrified, (i was 14) and all the ranger said was "hit it on the nose", i was like F*** that!!