Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Looking for help with Iroquois

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]

I'd really like to see someone mentor cleeduz. Any takers? Anyone getting cleeduz to Sgt level play Supremacy in a month gets 10MB extra storage space. Get him to Master Sgt. and it'll get ya 20MB.[/quote]

I wouldnt mind helping him out, time difference may be an issue, im currently a sargeant (nearly Master Sgt.) but have beaten Master Sgt's and 2nd Lieut's before.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Thanks Tubruk, I could use all the help I can get. :D

Rufio also offered to help me out, he's on a lot when I am.

I'll look for you on ESO, I think I mainly need to work on early and overall game issues. I've only played 30 or so rated games and 10 unrated, I thought things would start to click for me by now, and in some areas they have, but my overall game skills are lacking.

Thanks again
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Np,
i should be on Eso in about 2 hours i have a driving lesson now.
2 Hours of driving around an island in the rain, how fun :(

ye anytime im on just send me a message :)
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

[quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]

I'd really like to see someone mentor cleeduz. Any takers? Anyone getting cleeduz to Sgt level play Supremacy in a month gets 10MB extra storage space. Get him to Master Sgt. and it'll get ya 20MB.[/quote]

I wouldnt mind helping him out, time difference may be an issue, im currently a sargeant (nearly Master Sgt.) but have beaten Master Sgt's and 2nd Lieut's before.[/quote]

Likewise, I've been meaning to post to say I'll help, if I see you on i dont mind giving you a hand, if you post some recs as well of your games, I'll have a look at the iro one, and make a few notes, but i need mroe so i can get a general jist of what you may be going wrong on.

Whats civs are you thinking of playing?

And Roger dont worry about the extra space I wouldn't know what to do with it :D lol
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Thank you everyone for your insight and tips, I truly appreciate you taking the time to view the recordings. :D

CrAz3n -- I will change the screen res right away. I never had any problems with it turned up but thought it might cut down on possible lag.

Chaos -- Good tips, I think you are right, I need to practice the first 8 or so minutes, again & again... I think this will help me get more comfortable and feeling a bit more in control.

Rufio, Tubruk & DjDan -- Thanks for your offers to help out, I appeciate it will look for you guys on ESO.

I'm going to practice with Iroquois solely for a while, and will post a new recording soon. Then when I am more comfortable I plan to use/add the British and Chinese civs (long term goals), right now I just need to clean up and speed up my general gameplay. :D

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]Then when I am more comfortable I plan to use/add the British and Chinese civs (long term goals), right now I just need to clean up and speed up my general gameplay. :D[/quote]

I can help you with China and Brits when the time comes.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Clee, let me know if the screen res helps.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]some points about this rec:

* your first vil is at 20 sec because you send 4 to hunt and 1 on crates.
it should be out at 7-8 sec, put 4 on crates and 1 on hunt to achieve this.

* it hurts to see an idle TC: produce vils non-stop until you got 15 or 16

* your treasure creeping needs some practice, but this is considder low priority. When fighting wolfs or small guardians, u can most of the time just fight without needing to run away. Iro chief rox. Check some replays and try to understand how others do it.

* when you click the age up button, think about building your 2nd longhouse. You got housed rather often: work on this, it's very important.

* when shipping military, put the drop-off point at your warhut, saves walking time.

* around 8.30, when you moved in with toma & kanya, the game was yours. He had no military and only 16 vils (all in TC). So what went wrong:
1- you were sieging 4 diff buildings instead of taking down the rax.
2- no reinforcements during the fight, although you had enough resources for 10 or 15 extra toma. You did make some, but a bit too late.
3- didn't look at the battle for half a min and that's when his 5 ashigaru shipment came out + minutemen, result: you lost your army
4- all the new tomas/aenas went in small batches to his TC and died outnumbered. When a battle is lost, retreat and mass again. Try not to move in with less than 15 units

the rest i watched on fast, as it's of no real importance.

Your first focus should be on improving the very start of the game and master some basics like getting hunts closer, q'ing vils, not getting housed etc. That's easy to practise vs comp offline, just restart the game after 5 min and try again until it becomes an habit.

Second part should be improving the battle. Think about the mass, reinforcements and priority targets. Don't fight lost battles and keep your focus where it's hot.

overall you know most of these things, you just lack game experience, which will come, don't worry!

cheers[/quote]

^ Is the only thing I disagree with. I like to creep/harass as soon as I get 5 units + warchief. Early crackshot can really mess up early mass of the enemey.
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""36drew""]

^ Is the only thing I disagree with. I like to creep/harass as soon as I get 5 units + warchief. Early crackshot can really mess up early mass of the enemey.[/quote]

In this case, I set my military waypoint from my warhut inside the opponents base and after the battle was lost (I forgot to change waypoint) and I still had 5 tomas at a time walking into his base. :roll:
I agree early on that 5 tomas + WC (which I didn't have at this point) works well to raid/harass. Mine was just a stupid mistake and I think I lost 15 Tomas before I realized... D'OH!

I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""36drew""]^ Is the only thing I disagree with. I like to creep/harass as soon as I get 5 units + warchief. Early crackshot can really mess up early mass of the enemey.[/quote]

I see what you say, but with 'moving in' I meant really pushing, trying to take down building etc... Just a general remark, creeping and harassing will be to hard to handle for new players without neglecting essential things.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]Clee, let me know if the screen res helps.[/quote]

CrAz3n -- The screen res does help. I maxed it out and started playing, I didn't notice any lag, but I played Socceerman771 recently and he noticed it lagging so I may turn it down a bit or turn off some effects.

I haven't really noticed any lag, although I'm running a mac (on ESO server) with a wired connection. I'll mess with some off the graphic settings and try it out.

Thanks again for the tips. :)

Soccerman771 --- Thanks for taking the time to help me out on ESO, I was really nervous to play you, and I will definatley protect my vills better! 8O

NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I'm glad it helped. I know it helped me when I was playing.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Any time, buddy. Your rank says private, but I think your at least Corporal, maybe Sergant. There's about 2-3 things you can do to get that rank up and after that it's speed and practice. Remember to have fun. That one thing has helped me more than anything else. I play more relaxed and let the game flow. The nervousness will subside as you get more games under your belt.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th