First Cards

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: First Cards

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I am getting more and more excited about playing Brits seriously. To that end, I need to work on my Longbow skills. I have several decks that hinge on longbows (ie, they are not packed with musket-boosters). In colonial, I find that Longbow/pike is a strong combo with that great British econ to back you up. And later on, I really like matching longbows with dragoons as anti-cav. It appears that fully upgraded British dragoons do just as much damage as jinetes; the only difference is that they don't have the long-range shooting card (genitours). But with arsenal and cav damage cards (age 2 and 3), they have 41 attack at guard level.. very nice!

Big LB masses are simply awesome. Personally, I find there is little need for falcs if you have a 50+ lb army. Dragoon/LB/culverin can wreck any opponent.

Does anyone ever do longbow/musket? I can see that would be a good all-round army, too. What do you think? Obviously it's too burdensome to field early in the game, but later on it is certainly doable. Or longbow/hussar...but that, too, requires tons of every resource, which are not plentiful in the early minutes.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: First Cards

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I like lb + musk, but against some civs you need faster and better anti-cav (pikes)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle