People leaving!

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Aravinthan
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: People leaving!

Post by Aravinthan »

U can still be a lawyer... but just be arned as it is nto considered a proffesion... well u aint considered human so i guess laywer job suits u very well xD lol!! jk
A master Piece done by cleeduz
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Nighthawk22""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""] As someone who's been to law school and even practiced law, I can tell you firsthand that any lawyer who claims to be a "professional" is a fool. Lawyers do nothing that any average person can't; they just know how to cloak their language in impenetrable jargon and bewildering double conditional clauses with exceptions. And professionals are supposed to follow ethical imperatives. A lawyer's only rule is to make as much money as quickly as possible, and by any means necessary, truth or no truth. Principle goes out the window the moment you walk into a law firm; at that point, winning is all that matters.

For some reason, people look at lawyers as if they have some exalted station. This is nonsense--they are nothing but glorified servants. After all, it's the client who is in charge.[/quote]

I wanted to be a lawyer :cry:

lol, it still stands :twisted:[/quote]

Don't let what I've said about the "profession" turn you off from getting a law degree. Law school is very different from actual practice and it enriches you in ways you'd never imagine. It's a lot of work, but at the end of the day, you can rightly claim to be an "Argument Machine;" it is strangely empowering to be able to take any side on any issue and at least sound convincing! Plus, there are a million doors open to you if you have a law degree. I, for one, work for myself, make my own hours, serve no boss and bring home a good wage. AND it leaves me time to play AOE3 ! :D Now that's what I'm talking 'bout!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ Kaiser´s the MAN^^

Only thing that beats that is being a humble dentist in southern Portugal :D

out

PS I agree with the Law degree. I would absolutly adore having 1. The ability 2 stand for ur own rights within any possible argument and / or situation is more powerful than 50 Opris raiding ur fully operational TC´s
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Whats AOE3? how do I know you guys.

.............ZoRPrimE has left the building
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

Tim is back :)

1st LaZy, then Tatlael and now Zorprime. And people say this game aint fun no more. ROFL in ya faces.

out