Yes, you CAN beat Japan!!!

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tatltael
Major
Major

Re: Yes, you CAN beat Japan!!!

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""Cammel""]Taken down plenty of PR32-35 Japan players I don't see what the hype is about, seriously.[/quote]

maybe you were playing noobs that just had inflated PR ? :idea:
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Tatltael""][quote=""Cammel""]Taken down plenty of PR32-35 Japan players I don't see what the hype is about, seriously.[/quote]

maybe you were playing noobs that just had inflated PR ? :idea:[/quote]
Yes, loads of them, clearly.
Or maybe you aren't playing vs them right.
Who cares, I've thrown my thoughts out there.
EDIT:
Just an actual response to that, logically - if I was playing a bunch of PR32-35 people who assuming they were playing Japan and had "inflated PR" as a result of the laming, what PR are the Japan players you are facing? Are they PR40 or something and actually playing at PR35 level or do you just have a harder time dealing with the "noobs"?
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

perhaps laming japan carries a person only so far and that wall hits in around pr 33 ? whatever the case is yeah i think you must be playing the stupid @#$ japan noobs because the ones i play are massing club ashi and yumi faster than anything else - the combination of these units means the counter system flies out the window, massed yumi WILL beat cav, sorry.

most of the jap. players that im going up against are playing along the lines of starsky's style, the player i happened to come up against twice recently, but i dont think thats the point. japan can rush, wall up, whatever.

*Or maybe you aren't playing vs them right. <- no.
rufio_eht
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by rufio_eht »

beating japan with india, it just seems like u can get 12 sepoys in the base if everything goes right right at about 5:00 minutes. correct me if im wrong, but i dont think japan is generally unable to counter this at this point. i agree what was said earlier that vs aztec, cav is pretty strong, but i dunno, theres alot u could say about that. iro seems alot like india, id say even easier to get tomas in there, with a really strong cav shipment to back them up.

as far as the inflation thing goes, i think that is on a sliding scale not only as you examine different pr, but as time goes on. for a long time ive generally considered playing japan to be roughly the equivalent of playing someone a full named rank(ms, lt, capt etc) above their actual. but the other day i had a 1st lt jap player on my tm who did not understand that his yumis need to shoot ruyters instead of skirmishers.
"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." --Peter York
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""HuggyPierre""]A TP FF with germans worked well for me vs Japan.[/quote]

Yes, this is good, too, although a massive Japanese colonial army with consulate and cards can fend off a few German fortress shipments, I've discovered. Personally, I like the semi-FF option: bug them with 14-19 xbows, hopefully knock off a few vils, send 3 SW and 700 coin to age, switch to gold gathering from wood gathering, then mass veteran skirms and uhlans. TP helps massively with the shipments.

Lately I prefer the straight-up colonial option just so I can avoid having to contend with an unharassed shrine econ. When you FF in any variety, they have at least 8 minutes to shrine with impunity. I don't like to give them that freedom :twisted:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Tatltael""]perhaps laming japan carries a person only so far and that wall hits in around pr 33 ? whatever the case is yeah i think you must be playing the stupid @#$ japan noobs because the ones i play are massing club ashi and yumi faster than anything else - the combination of these units means the counter system flies out the window, massed yumi WILL beat cav, sorry.

most of the jap. players that im going up against are playing along the lines of starsky's style, the player i happened to come up against twice recently, but i dont think thats the point. japan can rush, wall up, whatever.

*Or maybe you aren't playing vs them right. <- no.[/quote]
Okay Tatl when I was making the comments about playing Japan noobs when I'm facing people the same PR as you I wasn't so much serious as offering an alternative to getting into a silly arguement, but that's unavoidable so I'd like to say your arguement doesn't seem to be founded on logic but on sadness or frustration or whatever from losing.
Look at the times in which a player can have x Yumi and X Clubmen and also consider the very limited amount of clubmen, and that pure LI would have the advantage in such a fight.
Massed Yumi vs Cav? - Maybe if you have literally mass yumi vs few cav, but resource for resource no.
Also I'd like to see the logic behind this "pr33 wall" for japan laming.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

"pr33 wall" that was just a guess - i wasnt trying to argue though. what would be the point?

uhm, besides. massed yumi beats massed cav, yumi upgrades go through the roof, and with the ROF- they will beat cav, go figure

"your arguement doesn't seem to be founded on logic but on sadness or frustration or whatever from losing." again, i never made an argument :/ why are you looking for conflict across the computer screen?
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Tatltael""]
"your arguement doesn't seem to be founded on logic but on sadness or frustration or whatever from losing." again, i never made an argument :/ why are you looking for conflict across the computer screen?[/quote]
I'm not, but I found what you wrote provoking.
Also, our talking is quite clearly an arguement, or a debate, but either way - it is.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

PR is overrated. Generally. At least mine.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Logic or no logic, people's emotions run high over Japan because the balance problems make true countering difficult in the current patch. Massed Yumis have devastating potential, as I wrote in Soccer's thread "How to Fix Japan." Once they reach a critical mass--and upgraded--they beat everybody, including cav. Well, maybe not a gendarme charge in Imperial, but if they're in fortress with cards and consulate and you have Age 2 cossacks, your horses are toast. Only heavy artillery will clear the way, and that's not a guarantee, either, becuase you need about 3 heavy cannnons...50 yumis can overwhelm most small artillery forces before they can get more than 1 or 2 shots off.

Also, I didn't read anyone's comments as producing an "argument" in the bitter sense of the word. I have a very broad definition of that word, ie, "any series of statements intended to establish a proposition," so by that meaning we "argue" all the time... and it keeps our minds fresh!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

i want someone to boost cetans :[
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I want an overall boost for RI vs musks.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]I want an overall boost for RI vs musks.[/quote]Then musks would become useless. Kinda like FF now.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Depends on the boost. I just don't like musk/hus beating pike/xbow :\
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

problem with musks is that they dont fit in the rock-paper-scissor system...

I'd reduce their range to 10 as only nerf
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle