Verses Storm_Saint Iro on Sonora

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Verses Storm_Saint Iro on Sonora

Post by Palehorse »

Really need some help with TWC civs; I see them so seldomly I forget what works. Followed this game up with an IRO Major on the same map; got dusted. Finished the night with a win and got my Master Sergeant :D

GG Storm_Saint :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Verses Storm_Saint Iro on Sonora

Post by Soccerman771 »

Ok, I finally watched this for you.

Recommendations for general game-play:
Move your vils through your TC. can save you 10-20 seconds on your age time. You'll need that against Iro or Azzy.
Try to herd more hunts to your tc. Not bad on the one to the southwest, but you had 2 more you probably should have worked on getting back towards your TC. This caused you to go to berries @ 10 mins when there was plenty of food on the map. :(

I think your deck needs a little work. Cheaper rax is an utterly useless card. Even in team games where it's 4v4. ATP is a much better card (esp for this map), or put in 6 rods for age II or hussars.
Ok, you sent 3 vils first card then archaic inf. Not that bad of a choice, but your eco was a little off to do that. You needed more wood vils on age up if you are aging w/500 food. Get enough for 2 rax, then ship 700 wood as third card, two rax full on with x-bows. Probably should have gone cav sooner as those aenna just ate you up.

You had extra wood, and could have invested that into TP's. 4th card should have been 700 food or 5 vils, IMO.

You didn't scout his FB until it's too late.

Against Iro's try to play defensively. Once the initial push is over from the 500 food he spends in the big-button rush it's pretty much gg..(disclaimer - this doesn't matter if you are playing sporting lisbon).

You had 800 wood, but were housed...

You played unction but didn't have a church and were losing villies. 4 vils, 700 food or CM would have been much better choices. It was pretty much gg at 12 mins. I've had bad luck making war dogs in this patch. This food is usually much better invested in proper military units.

You built a market but didn't take the upgrades..

I've seen you play better. :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

Listen to him, he's got his ESO picture as an Iron Troop, and they are FRICKIN AWESOME.
They should be avail in the Saloon on some levels, or are they?
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Ok, I finally watched this for you.

Recommendations for general game-play:
Move your vils through your TC. can save you 10-20 seconds on your age time. You'll need that against Iro or Azzy.
Try to herd more hunts to your tc. Not bad on the one to the southwest, but you had 2 more you probably should have worked on getting back towards your TC. This caused you to go to berries @ 10 mins when there was plenty of food on the map. :(

I think your deck needs a little work. Cheaper rax is an utterly useless card. Even in team games where it's 4v4. ATP is a much better card (esp for this map), or put in 6 rods for age II or hussars.
Ok, you sent 3 vils first card then archaic inf. Not that bad of a choice, but your eco was a little off to do that. You needed more wood vils on age up if you are aging w/500 food. Get enough for 2 rax, then ship 700 wood as third card, two rax full on with x-bows. Probably should have gone cav sooner as those aenna just ate you up.

You had extra wood, and could have invested that into TP's. 4th card should have been 700 food or 5 vils, IMO.

You didn't scout his FB until it's too late.

Against Iro's try to play defensively. Once the initial push is over from the 500 food he spends in the big-button rush it's pretty much gg..(disclaimer - this doesn't matter if you are playing sporting lisbon).

You had 800 wood, but were housed...

You played unction but didn't have a church and were losing villies. 4 vils, 700 food or CM would have been much better choices. It was pretty much gg at 12 mins. I've had bad luck making war dogs in this patch. This food is usually much better invested in proper military units.

You built a market but didn't take the upgrades..

I've seen you play better. :)[/quote]
Soccer reviews harshly.. but he means everything he says :) and is damn sure right about it.. ;)
Palehorse
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Palehorse »

Wow, now I will have to watch the record :oops: . Thanks for the input :D
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Cammel""]Listen to him, he's got his ESO picture as an Iron Troop, and they are FRICKIN AWESOME.
They should be avail in the Saloon on some levels, or are they?[/quote]

+1
you can only unlock the iron troops with a card (a chinese)
or
if you're lucky, there is a treasure with 2 of them, get those in age I and go kill vills :twisted:
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle