General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

emperoral
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: the great WAR

Post by emperoral »

Who won adder or luukje lol.

Personally i think if the germans kept going at the Battle of Britain for a few more days week at most we would of been out the war. giving loads of time and more troops for the Russian advance. Russia also had to contend with Japan on their east coast until they attacked the US which also gave them loads more troops for the German advance but still think a German outcome.

But anyway does anyone know a Russian fighter plane in WWII can think of German,American,Brits & Japan but no Russian?

US at war well how could we forget the mighty Panama conflict no commerical interests there does sound familar?

Oh and last of all who was the most evil Hitler or Stalin? Think Stalin killed more innocent people believe it or not.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""emperoral""]Oh and last of all who was the most evil Hitler or Stalin? Think Stalin killed more innocent people believe it or not.[/quote]

Hitler was more evil. He had hatred for the Jews (and many other peoples) in his heart. Stalin was a paranoid freak that killed people who opposed his power or who he thought was a threat.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

But anyway does anyone know a Russian fighter plane in WWII can think of German,American,Brits & Japan but no Russian?

There was the LaGG-7 and the early MiGs, but plane for plane they were seriously outclassed by the Luftwaffe. There were some German aces with over 300 kills--mostly poor Russians.

Oh and last of all who was the most evil Hitler or Stalin? Think Stalin killed more innocent people believe it or not.[/quote]

Tough call, of course. I agree with Soccer that Hitler was more "purely evil" than Stalin. But Stalin did awful things, too, such as starving 4 million peasants in the Ukraine by seizing their farms and refusing to distribute the harvest to feed them. That eliminated the "threat" from "bourgeois farmers."
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

how about this one: the most constructed military plane ever:sturmovik
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-2

Stalin probably killed more people but the immorality of the Hitler killing machine - an industrialized destruction of an entire people based on prejuidices and the fear of everything different - puts him above Stalin in terms of being evil.

@emperoral: as history cant repeat itself we will never know who won. Im more in favor of my scenario but Adders is almost as probable as mine.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Who was more evil?

I believe they both passed the threshold beyond where it matters. Somewhere about the Ted Bundy level, debates about overall level of evil-ness really don't matter anymore. What decisions can be made on the basis of any difference in their evil-ness?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

As Stalin had a more balanced sanity I think he was worse, not that it matters much.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

They were both evil, and in some cases, just plain dumb. Consider these stupid decisions : (1) Hitler ordering his entire 6th Army at Stalingrad to "stand and fight to the last man" rather than allowing it to fight its way out (they all were captured or killed); and (2) Stalin "cleansing" his best generals from the officer corps right before the war, leading to a poorly-led army that almost completely collapsed in the war's first few months.

This is a favorite Stalin story of mine. In the late 1940s, several prominent Jewish scientists were helping the Soviet Union develop an atomic bomb. A close advisor told Stalin: "Comrade Stalin, these scientists plotted against you in the 1930s and have criticized your policies." Stalin replied: "Let's let them finish building the bomb. We can always shoot them later." And that's exactly what he did. :neutral:
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
dragonshinobi_old
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dragonshinobi_old »

[quote=""emperoral""]

Oh and last of all who was the most evil Hitler or Stalin? Think Stalin killed more innocent people believe it or not.[/quote]

Hitler, the idiot was born to a Jewish milkman :roll: Probably was on acid, you should see what it i did to my chemistry teacher when someone slipped it in his coffee.