TWC civs should never be underestimated ! !

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: TWC civs should never be underestimated ! !

Post by KingKaramazov »

The TWC civs are the most imbalanced civs. TWC ruined a lot of aspects of the game until AD fixed them.

Yea, most of them aren't overpowered now, but all of them have such weird game mechanics that it's unlikely that they'll ever be totally balanced, one way or another.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yep, that's what I mean, they're broken civs.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

fix the 1st wood market upgrade pleaseeeeee
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

TWC civs have the crappiest market of all... should be changed to an asian market :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

asian market is so good #@$%#@$%#@% imo twc villagers should get a speed boost upgrade.. just cause theyre, ya know. natives and stuff
Nighthawk22
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Nighthawk22 »

[quote=""Tatltael""]asian market is so good #@$%#@$%#@% imo twc villagers should get a speed boost upgrade.. just cause theyre, ya know. natives and stuff[/quote]

lol, that actually makes sense
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

yeah cause like then. i dunno. it would be harder to raid a civ like sioux -> indirect econ boost ?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Overall civs are too much the same, that's true. Other things would be interesting too.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""ToC_Nidhogg""]I'm definitely going to try out the TWC civs more after reading this topic. I have always ignored them a lot because I originally thought having no cannons couldn't possibly stand up to the vanilla civs' cannons. I also never really used my fire pit much the few times I have used them :? I need to take a break from the asian civs and learn to ignore the allure and flexibility of the consulate for a little while.[/quote]

In theory, the lack of cannon seems like a weakness for the natives. But in most games you never get anywhere close to Fortress against them, and even then you rarely get a chance to spam cannon, unless maybe you're Dutch with 4-6 banks, they haven't raided you and you fishboomed :-P

TWC civs are awesome without cannon. If you have cannon, units like the arrow knight or upped coyotes take 'em out like nothing.

As I've said before, I fear TWC civs. Tatl confirmed my fears this weekend by showing just how lethal they can be. And about fire pits... they can make maces beat 20 uhlans haha !
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
TheRam
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by TheRam »

[quote=""Tatltael""]yeah cause like then. i dunno. it would be harder to raid a civ like sioux -> indirect econ boost ?[/quote]
Faster villagers?
That's a horrible idea, it doesn't make sense and it give them a big boost in herding and encourage running your villagers away instead of just resigning when you've lost.
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

in my humble opinion this game became "broken" once TWC came out.
On the positive side, it's great to have really different civs. To play for and to play against.

But from that moment on, it became almost impossible to balance. The more different from your most "average" civ - france I think - the more work ES had to put in. Something they never have done and arent going to do. I hope the'll learn their lesson for AOE4.

Dont put new stuff in unless it's balanced.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""luukje""]in my humble opinion this game became "broken" once TWC came out.
On the positive side, it's great to have really different civs. To play for and to play against.

But from that moment on, it became almost impossible to balance. The more different from your most "average" civ - france I think - the more work ES had to put in. Something they never have done and arent going to do. I hope the'll learn their lesson for AOE4.

Dont put new stuff in unless it's balanced.[/quote]

I completely agree w/this. You really have to take time to play a civ and learn it well at any given level. That and you cannot go from civ to civ to civ easily without 'losing' something.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

I find the way this patch made everything start right from the beginning of balance with OP Jap and India interesting.
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

[quote=""Cammel""][quote=""Tatltael""]yeah cause like then. i dunno. it would be harder to raid a civ like sioux -> indirect econ boost ?[/quote]
Faster villagers?
That's a horrible idea, it doesn't make sense and it give them a big boost in herding and encourage running your villagers away instead of just resigning when you've lost.[/quote]

oh boohoo cav. cant catch up to 4.4 speed vills? i think it makes alot of sense for a civ like sioux, usually if you lose a battle, you lose the game. they could use a small, indirect econ boost tbh
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Perhaps more speed less hp.