Hunters Cup

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Hunters Cup

Post by blayzer13 »

i have recorded game 1, shud get games 2 and 3 using hypercam...
i cant upload them due to a monsterous filesize that was completely unexpected, game one went in natures favor due to starsky resigning because of lag.
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: wcg finals

Post by blayzer13 »

matches 2 and 3 were called from the broadcast due to lag issues, they did an exibition match which i recorded
nature and starsky are doing the matches on their own right now
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

this was hunter cup, not WCG
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

oh whoops
EndlessPower
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by EndlessPower »

rtsbroadcast.net couldn't have had a worse start imo
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

yeah its been horrible

i now have both exibition match games and game 1 of the finals
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""EndlessPower""]rtsbroadcast.net couldn't have had a worse start imo[/quote]

QFT
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""EndlessPower""]rtsbroadcast.net couldn't have had a worse start imo[/quote]

It wasn't the best start, but I don't think it was a total disaster. I really enjoyed the 2 games with Braidon vs Mardow, even though there were connection issues with the site for some people.

This is just the start and they will go from strength to strength I think, plenty of people are very supportive of it (including myself) so I don't think today will have done much damage to the success they will have in the future.
Hydrovert5
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Hunters Cup

Post by Hydrovert5 »

I'd have rather just downloaded the recorded games, because the live broadcasts were so poor quality.

Nevertheless, it was great to hear some expert commentary by Parfait. :)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""EndlessPower""]rtsbroadcast.net couldn't have had a worse start imo[/quote]

It wasn't the best start, but I don't think it was a total disaster. I really enjoyed the 2 games with Braidon vs Mardow, even though there were connection issues with the site for some people.

This is just the start and they will go from strength to strength I think, plenty of people are very supportive of it (including myself) so I don't think today will have done much damage to the success they will have in the future.[/quote]

I agree that it will get stronger in the future. However, they should have tested the system before it came to playing live. Would have saved us a lot of grief. I didn't get to see the mardow games and I heard that they were good games. The commentary on the first game seemed laggy as did the game itself. I'll continue to support it however.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Soccerman771""][quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""][quote=""EndlessPower""]rtsbroadcast.net couldn't have had a worse start imo[/quote]

This is just the start and they will go from strength to strength I think, plenty of people are very supportive of it (including myself) so I don't think today will have done much damage to the success they will have in the future.[/quote]

I agree that it will get stronger in the future. However, they should have tested the system before it came to playing live. Would have saved us a lot of grief. I didn't get to see the mardow games and I heard that they were good games. The commentary on the first game seemed laggy as did the game itself. I'll continue to support it however.[/quote]

They did plenty of testing during the week and got it running fine, the problem is today was kind fo a test as it was the sheer volume of traffic that caused some of the problems. The lag in the Cup game was unforseen though I think.........
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

im pretty sure the lag came from having 2 people broadcasting the same program, stressing it, and there was an unforseen amount of viewers even tho it was kinda low...150 tops?
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

strokey i can send you the 3 files if ya want, theyre about 1.5-2gb ea
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""blayzer13""]strokey i can send you the 3 files if ya want, theyre about 1.5-2gb ea[/quote]

That would be cool. Zip em up and send them over buddy! Cheers.