Big trouble in little Bonifay

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Re: Big trouble in little Bonifay

Post by Cyclohexane »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]The computer is 6 or 7 years old. The CPU is Celeron 1.99 Ghz. The card is a FX 5500 which was the best card I could use. I I had AGP or PCI Express I could have gotten a solid card.[/quote]

A Celeron does not help much either. These processors seem to start off ok but rapidly decay. I would never pay for one of these processors in any circumstance. They burned me once before...

In actuality, a 2Ghz Celeron is more like a rat spinning a wheel. You need a bigger block of cheese.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""RascalJones""]my pc is almost 5 years old, can play AOE3, but I don't dare get more adventurous than that. [/quote]
You have at least AGP i guess.
Craz3n has only PCI. To explain further: PCI has a bandwidth of 127 MB/s which is shared between all cards which are running in the PCI slots.
AGP 4x has a bandwidth of 1,017 MB/s and this was even increased by double by AGP 8x.

No matter what Craz3n is gonna to do with his old computer, the graphics card runs on full brakes because of the PCI slot, which doesn't give enough bandwidth.
GeeNaTs
Conscript
Conscript

Post by GeeNaTs »

I hope you get it fixed bud.

Gee
ThE GIANTS FaN