Advice plz

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Bitter_Harvest
Conscript
Conscript

Advice plz

Post by Bitter_Harvest »

If this question is is the wrong place I apologise..ima noob to ur forums :)

I would like to know what you guys playing Brits think of the Manor card that slowly heals units ? Is it worth inclusion in a 25 card deck?

Thnxu in antisipation of the advice -
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Advice plz

Post by ruminator »

I'd personally just buy a priest from the church, but admit I've never really even looked at this card. As brits have good church techs this is a building you normally build anyway. I am starting to look at the benefits of healing as I think this can play a part in military strategy.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Was dicussed sometimes ago at gr.org

Link to Thread at gr.org
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

2^^
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Bitter_Harvest
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Bitter_Harvest »

First ty for the link to GR lol i must have missed that -

As for priest no i dont think thats worth while- But I was wondering about a house or two up at fb healing...but was unsure whether it was worth using a card for-

I'll go read the GR article -
thnx again
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I don't think the card is worth using. There are much better age 2 shipments to send. Besides, if you are to the point where you need your manors to heal you...it's likely gg anyway.

If you are bent on using some kind of healing, then priests + building field hospitals, but then again there are much better uses for hc shipments.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

That card isn't worth it. Just throw in 4 surgeons if you need healing.

Also, why didn't you tell me who accused you of losing a team for your team? I thought you hated our clan. To continue posting is a bit odd...
Groovy.
Bitter_Harvest
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Bitter_Harvest »

yer thats what I thought but as I had only really just noticed the card I wanted to check it out - [ Ive played brits since nilla started & I'm afraid I'm a lil set in my ways choosing cards ] - Im not really into healing & as you said would rather use cards for other stuff ; like ups & resc -

thnxu for the comments I appreciate it

ps is there a code i should use to get my sig to work on here?

pps - I dont h8 the clan its a gr8 clan - I like it v much - I did ask an officer if it was ok to still come here - but if its a problem ...I will stop -
I just like stuff on here everyone is helpful & funny- I left cos if I am no good in a team Id rather leave than be a 'burden'

ppps Its over & I have no wish to make any problems Navarone name dont matter -

:)
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

We have no problem with you coming here, I just didn't think you would after what you told me a few days ago online. You're always welcome here, though.

To get your signature thing going, you need to put or something like that around your URL. That's standard for most forums.
Groovy.
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

The card blows, look at my guide (in signature for free download) and go to the worksheet "Healing and Repairing Guide" for more details. Basically, you are paying 700 gold (average cost of an age 2 shipment or more if sent after age 2) for a card that allows manors to heal at a rate of 5 HP / second one unit at a time.

It pretty much assumes you will be playing defensively since it’s generally not a good idea to forward build your homes. Even if you did forward build, your units need to be idle to take advantage of it. Idle military is as useless as idle villagers.

Not convinced, let’s look at it mathematically. A musketeer costs 75 food and 25 gold (154 villager seconds - VS) and has 150 hit points (HP). That equates to approximately 1 VS per HP. At the average cost of a 700 gold shipment (age 2 shipment) which collects at a rate of 0.6 coin per second, it would take 1,166 VS to collect (if mined). The means you would have to heal approximately 7.8 musketeers (1,166 / 150) to full health from near death (1 HP) before the card even began to break even with a resource shipment which pays off almost immediately (6 musketeers is immediate and can be used to cause damage immediately).

At 5 HP / sec, it takes 30 seconds (150 / 5) to fully heal a musketeer (from 1 HP). At the very minimum, it would take ~240 seconds (30 * 8 = 4 minutes) to get your moneys worth out of this card since the houses only heal 1 unit at a time. OK, so you can forward build more than 1 home and cut that time down, but you risk housing yourself if you lose map control.

How many times do you manage to save 8 musketeers from a battle (with 1 HP left) and run them to safety and keep them out of a battle? That’s the best case scenario!

It's my opinion that it’s better to replace the units than heal the ones you have. Healing just takes to long and requires you to move your units back instead of where they are needed. Now perhaps if you planned to turtle, you could get your money worth if you kept your idle units next to your houses (remember, need to heal about 1,166 HP total to break even) but your will never win if you never attack! Not to mention, it is time consuming to pick only the injured units and move them to safety.

By the way, there is no skill requirement to join the clan. As a matter of fact, lots of guys here are mediocre at best but they are good guys. I’d rather play with someone way above or below my skill level with respect, than against a jerk for an easy win. But that’s just me, my opinions are often in the minority with the majority of people out there.

There is also no requirement to play team games. I don't have time to play much lately but it sure is nice to be able to log in and never have to wait longer than a couple minutes to get a game in (1v1 or team, rated or unrated).

This card, as well as hospitals needs to be boosted. If they healed a percentage of health (say 5%) instead of a base amount, then it could be useful on high HP units (artillery for example). Or if they healed all units 5HP per second in the aura range (say up to 10 units for 50 HP per second). As it is now, ignore this card, it is a waste. It takes to long to payoff, even in the best case scenario.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]This card, as well as hospitals needs to be boosted. If they healed a percentage of health (say 5%) instead of a base amount, then it could be useful on high HP units (artillery for example). Or if they healed all units 5HP per second in the aura range (say up to 10 units for 50 HP per second). As it is now, ignore this card, it is a waste. It takes to long to payoff, even in the best case scenario.[/quote]

Very good ideas. If Hospitals healed in an aura where the units didn't have to be idle to be healed, that would be awesome. Would definitely boost turtling civs..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

As usual, a ridiculously long and in-depth analysis from Cyclo. :D
Groovy.
Bitter_Harvest
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Bitter_Harvest »

lololo ty Cyclo for explaining that in depth - Ima ' bear of very little brain ' & I sorta understood ur explanation -

I see u been peeping at my stats ...to know my milt total for my last game was 7.8 musks!! lol jk

This clan is very helpful & fun ..I rofl at Navarones reply -
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

[quote=""Cyclohexane""]

By the way, there is no skill requirement to join the clan. As a matter of fact, lots of guys here are mediocre at best but they are good guys. I’d rather play with someone way above or below my skill level with respect, than against a jerk for an easy win. But that’s just me, my opinions are often in the minority with the majority of people out there.

There is also no requirement to play team games. I don't have time to play much lately but it sure is nice to be able to log in and never have to wait longer than a couple minutes to get a game in (1v1 or team, rated or unrated).

[/quote]

Indeed I've been in clan games made up of players from the sergeant lvl to the Lt Colonel lvl and the games are still fair and good fun. When I try to play rated games I only seem to come across asses and drop trickers. Always seems to be lvl 29 majors who drop trick. Its this reason why I have played less than 100 rated games in 4 months of playing TAD.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Lol I just gave up on rated game altogether, I very rarely play them, I dont see the point when you can have more fun playing with the clan than not, I think since October when the game came out, I've played 77/78 rated games lol
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!