BACK Online with weak laptop for now

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: Global Moderator

ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

BACK Online with weak laptop for now

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Well, I'm online but I'm not sure if my laptop or my DSL is causing me some troubles. I joined a 4 vs. 4 Expert AI game and I think I created a bit of lag. The game ran and no one quit but it was a bit slow. I've played one 1v1 but it lost connection. I don't know if that is because the tide had just turned in my favor vs. my Japanese opponent or some lag (I went FF and he did a pseydo FF.) My new places router was flakey but appears to be fine since the firmware was updated and I re-punched down the DSL connection. Maybe I'll have less failed to join issues to boot.

My PC shows up in another weak and I should be my normal speedy self. If anyone wants to get some practice 1v1 games I can play on the laptop for now. I'm sticking with still OP China ? I definately don't feel OP with them.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: BACK Online with weak laptop for now

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I'm always willing to play 1v1 for practice - I can use it :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

^ Same.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

I reduced my graphics settings one step lower. 800x600. I think that helped a bit making my game faster. I suspect my DSL may not be as good as my cable was though.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

DSL usually isn't.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

hmm if it's slow or weak connection when my PC arrives I'll push to get cable at the house.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

What graphics card and what cpu does the laptop have?
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

2.4Ghz Pentium 512MB of Ram and ATI IGP-340M video. I've already opened up one bottleneck by going for 256MB of ram to 512MB. I may just need to find a 512MB chip.
The CPU is a desktop CPU not a mobile CPU. Compaq.. HP didn't start making half decent gaming laptops until recently.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Won't help so much, in ur case the graphics card is the bottle neck.

It is an old integrated graphics released in 2002 and the benchmark i saw was ummm ..... devastating.

And the IGP will take memory from the ram for its own. I wouldn't invest more money into this laptop