Hey, Native Rush anyone?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tatltael
Major
Major

Hey, Native Rush anyone?

Post by Tatltael »

yeah, i was wondering if anyone was in possession of a native rush strat.? theyre just so cute and they seem pretty hardcore :twisted:

..even if you can only get ~15 w/ 1 t.p. and no card

i know iroq. has that +25% attack/hp card in fortress age, and france has good native upgrades as well, so..... anyone have any native rush build orders/strats? :D
Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Hey, Native Rush anyone?

Post by Crazy »

I think ourk has one with france where he goes 1tp on a trade route and 1 native tp. I believe its essentially the same set up as performing a double rax xbow, but instead of 2 barracks, you go barracks and one native tp, spamming xbow/pike and natives. there should be a rec on age sanc
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

But also spies can kill native units very fast. Patch will change that a bit, but when u have native TP Native Rush can be expected by ur opponent
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

^
Patch will change that a lot. They will only be doing 20 damage now (opposed to 40). For ranged minor natives, this is not an issue.

France, Iroquois, and Japan will have strong minor native rushes post patch. Japan can send in a TP in Age 1 and focus on wood / food (both unraidable). They also have some sweet upgrade cards (as well as France and Iro).

Minor Native strats are very map dependent though. It's tough to make a cookie cutter build since the natives vary so much and you need to ship in units that are synergistic to the minor natives. This depends on the civ and the civ you are playing against and of course the map.

The concept is basically the same except you have a TP instead of a barracks and your colonial units are stronger. You can also get started faster since your TP can be made in Discovery (or in transition).

There will be much more colonial warfare in the next patch. Except for the Ports, all the other FF strats were nerfed.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

best one so far is french native FF and otto bayou rush imho
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle