N3O Member
N3O Member

I__CHAOS__I vs Caesár (Fra vs Jpn)

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Caesár joined our clan so I challenged him for a little 1v1 :twisted:
He has only 15 PR more than me ;)

Have fun watching !

I had little hunt and only 1 mine i think, but that didnt matter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: I__CHAOS__I vs Caesár (Fra vs Jpn)

Post by Soccerman771 »

Description "me got bbq'd" - well I guess we know who won. Will give her a watch though..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Yeah I watched this game, I can't believe how royally screwed you got with the hunts and min Chaos LOL
It seemed very closeat the beginning and Im still curious how he stoped you on numerous occasions it seemed he was outnumbered whenever you attacked!
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Holy crap! PR 35 in our clan? Awesome!
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I watched it again and I had 1 mine and 2 hunts compared to his 4 mines and 6 hunts lol - usually this map (NWT) is rather balanced tho
Even the treasures were mostly on his side (7 vs 4).

If he hadn't spotted my raxes, he would have shipped 4 vils instead of 5 ashi's, which could have made a big difference for me.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Holy crap! PR 35 in our clan? Awesome![/quote]

Yeah and he out-paces the highest ELO by well more than 100....
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Well, I hope to get my ELO back up there after the patch. It dropped over 150 points cause of a losing streak I had.
Groovy.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Finally he joined :). Chaos, play more rated games. Help get our clan up a little bit :P.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Tons of people in our clan need to play more rated games, get the average up to where it should be.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Sun_Tzu1
Major
Major

Post by Sun_Tzu1 »

I've watched that one through 3 times now!

Wasn't too sure what to expect, but Chaos you're the man! You did really well. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Okay, easy to comment with hindsight, but...

Your rush was good. Caesar had gone for the market so you'd expect to have a little advantage earlier on.

At 9 minutes you took down his barracks leaving him without one. He was slowly building another barracks with one settler. Unfortunately, you decided to work on taking down his market instead :p. Bet you could kick yourself right? If you'd taken your muskets towards the barracks which was going up the game might realistically have been yours.

Anyway, lots of scrapping and pretty even for most of the game. When you were attacking you were doing well. Again, at one point, I think you had a numerical advantage in attack numbers but unfortunately, 5 or so of your muskets were seiging the market again by mistake (i.e., they were effectively idle). If you'd brought them in that particular battle would have turned in your favour.

A couple of times you retreated when it looked as if you'd have done well to continue attacking. However, obviously, it's different watching the playback. For all I know you might have done it to give you a moment to tidy your eco.

The game seemed to slip away from you a bit when you retreated and took those pikes around the back to attack his barracks. As it turned out, they were pretty much thrown away.

What I found interesting was the way Caesar divided his army, sort of surrounding you, and was running away so much with the part of his army you moved to attack. I was trying to work out why he was doing that. Was he withdrawing to maximise the time his TC had to fire at you? Was he trying to draw you away from his barracks? Or just skirmish you. Not sure.

Anyway, like you noticed, the map was so one-sided! The lack of resources on your side - vs. his - was a timebomb waiting to happen. It was particularly unfortunate because you forwarded on him. Normally, that opens the maps resources up to you, but not in this case!

gg. And of course, well done Caesar. Glad we're back together again :).

Sun.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

thx for the review Sun, it's appreciated!
I had a hard time to fight his few units at different places (surrounding me), and I never knews exactly how big his army really was, because of that spread-out tactic, first time somebody does that to me

with the pikes I hoped to find a distant shrine I could siege or at least distract him long enough to mass again, yet in vain
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Tons of people in our clan need to play more rated games, get the average up to where it should be.[/quote]

Well i lose all my 1v1 :D
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

watched the game and i gotta say great play by both players, i think only his micro saved him their...u had great rush there and good back up..

wp
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I watched it as well. I agree w/sun_tzu..had you pushed more in the beginning the game probably would have been yours..

Interesting that he had map advantage and better treasures on his side. Caesar also took forever to build a consulate and once he did he didn't pick an alliance right away. I wish that once you chose to build the consulate you could pick your alliance so that it went there automatically once the building was built..
jtackel@hotmail.com

Marksman_Anders
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Marksman_Anders »

I think you did good, considering the matchup: Yumi vs. Musks.
gg